PDA

View Full Version : EAR weekly meets

Ward8124
07-09-06, 04:12 PM
Hi peeps, now that we are established.....ish we've been mulling over what day to have our get together please vote and once we get a day sorted we will move on to the time and location next.

Don

Law
07-09-06, 04:50 PM
Can you make it a weekend day on the off chance that I may go back up to Peterborough one weekend on the bike?

K
07-09-06, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I'm voting Sunday, preferably afternoon.
Evenings drawing in and all that mularky.

seedy100
07-09-06, 06:59 PM
Voted Sunday

'cause the wife works then.

What I really mean is - Not Monday and Not Friday.
Would be able to make any other time off and on

Chris

simple simon
07-09-06, 10:08 PM
Sunday - I work pretty much every other day, late hours etc, so perfect for me

Skip
08-09-06, 06:50 AM
Sunday is usually best for me - Mrs Skip works every other so it suits me better :)

rwoodcock01
08-09-06, 08:26 AM
Sunday is usually best for me, Saturday I usually crash out.

Cheers

Rich

minifun
08-09-06, 01:11 PM
I voted Sunday too! :D

Ward8124
08-09-06, 01:12 PM
Ok so i reckon we are pretty much set on the Sunday me thinks, I will leave it for the rest of the weekend though just in case. Next topic is where.......I propose the Quay side in Cambridge where we had the initial gathering but open to suggestions....lets get an idea of where everyone wants to meet up and then we can put it to the vote.

Ward8124
11-09-06, 11:48 AM
Any further thoughts on this peeps?

K
11-09-06, 11:55 AM
Personally I don't really care where as long as it's centralish for most folks...

... and i have a nice little map telling me how to get to wherever it is. :wink:

Skip
11-09-06, 07:59 PM
I guess the Quayside is ok, I will have to search hard for an interesting route there and back! Wont be able to make every week but will do my best when I can :)

Ward8124
14-09-06, 10:47 AM
Whos up for a meet this sunday then?

Skip
14-09-06, 10:56 AM
Typical I cant do this Sunday! :roll: :lol:

K
14-09-06, 11:09 AM
The way things stand at the moment, I can actually make this Sunday...

Provided it's not raining. I don't do rain... well, not unless it sneaks up on me. :wink:

minifun
14-09-06, 11:21 AM
I can't! I will be at the tail end rally! doh

I might be able to do next week (24th) but it depends what time I get back from an IAM ride. I should be able to make the 1st oct. Have we agreed on a meeting point yet and a rough time?

Ward8124
14-09-06, 02:09 PM
Ok let me put forward a time of about 1400hrs on a Sunday at the QuaySide Cambridge as it seems to be the central spot for everyone to get too. If anyone else has a better suggestion let hear it.

minifun
14-09-06, 03:10 PM
Quayside is good but I might have to follow someone in or I will get lost! I doubt I will make 1400hrs next sat as the IAM ride is to Wells-next-to-sea!

I will aim to make Sunday 1st Oct for 1400hrs!

Vfr400
14-09-06, 07:51 PM
Sorry mate no go i'm marshalling at Snetterton. be worth a run out to see the classic bikes through!!

chris

K
15-09-06, 09:05 AM
Ok let me put forward a time of about 1400hrs on a Sunday at the QuaySide Cambridge as it seems to be the central spot for everyone to get too. If anyone else has a better suggestion let hear it.

Can you give me a postcode or something for the Quayside so I can find it on multimap please.
Ta.

Paws
15-09-06, 08:17 PM
hey guys, im free this unday, not next sunday, free the next..

Chelveston road is a cracking run, nice pub aswell

Law
15-09-06, 10:05 PM
Could you guys sticky the location if I ever decide to come one weekend.

I wouldn't hold your breath cos if I do travel up to EA it'll in a car (chauffering my mum to Peterborough). I won't embarrass myself in front of strangers by turning up in a car (that's for the Guildford meet ;))

Be next spring before I do random trips up on the bike. :( I do ride my bike through winter, just short trips before you have a go.

seedy100
15-09-06, 10:40 PM
Assuming I finally get my chain and sprockets fitted I hope to make it on Sunday.

Location of the quayside is :- CB5 8BA

For anyone who doesnt know Cambridge (and I dont know it well) I would reccomend avoiding the trying to get through the centre, use the ring road.

chris

K
16-09-06, 08:34 PM
Cool, thanks for the postcode Seedy.

Looks like Justmacs is gonna be at the Comfort Cafe for about 11.30 (wherever that is)...

... so I may well bimble along to both meets if it doable and not raining. :wink:

K
17-09-06, 02:17 PM
From Justmac's 'Sunday' thread:
justmacsv650 wrote:
The World Famous Comfort Cafe

Junction A11/A1307 behind the Fourwentways Services/motel, next junction to the A505/A11 if travelling towards Newmarket if that is any help

Yup. I can find it now - only I had a bad night a feel kinda crappy so am unlikely to make it that early.
(Yeah yeah yeah, I know 11.30 isn't early, but when I said crappy I mean really crappy.)

Ok, so long hot bath, painkillers and a snooze - I'm feeling human and as operational as I every get... only it's now nearly half past three. :oops:

seedy100
17-09-06, 07:12 PM
The sun was shining
The birds were singing
The punts were punting

Billy-no-mates turned up at the quayside
Billy waited
Billy had and ice-cream
Billy had a "discussion" with a parking attendant
Billy went home :smt022

150 miles later billy got home having had much fun around the roads of Suffolk :lol:

K
17-09-06, 08:09 PM
Well you did have cracking weather for it at any rate. 8)

And at least I admitted my crapness. :oops: :wink:

Skip
18-09-06, 08:09 AM
In my defence I said I wouldnt be able to come - next time I will be there! :D

K
18-09-06, 08:21 AM
Hmmm, next weekend's weather looks iffy according to Metcheck - but if it's good on the day I do my best to be there.

Skip
18-09-06, 08:39 AM
Hmmm, next weekend's weather looks iffy according to Metcheck - but if it's good on the day I do my best to be there.
I think I am going to give up reading weather reports - today said it was going to be mostly dry and warm here in Norfolk - walked out of the front door to a blooming downpour! :roll:

K
18-09-06, 08:43 AM
I think I am going to give up reading weather reports - today said it was going to be mostly dry and warm here in Norfolk - walked out of the front door to a blooming downpour! :roll:
:lol:

Metcheck is usually fairly good - quite accurate over a week or two, obviously getting more so the close to 'today' you look, if you get my drift.
Someone on the Org mentioned it aaaages ago - so long I can't remember who, but it's the only one I bother with now.

Skip
18-09-06, 08:46 AM
I usually use the Met Office (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/eastern.html) website as it used to be fairly accurate - to be honest I think the only way to predict the weather is to look out of the window! :lol:

K
18-09-06, 08:58 AM
I usually use the Met Office (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/eastern.html) website as it used to be fairly accurate - to be honest I think the only way to predict the weather is to look out of the window! :lol:

When I lived down in Bracknell my bloke played vallyball with some folks from the Met Office, used to chat with 'em after the games etc - never really trusted any info from the Met Office since really! :wink:

Skip
18-09-06, 09:01 AM
vallyball
Is that some kind of strange Welsh pastime??! :lol: :wink:

K
18-09-06, 09:08 AM
vallyball

*looks down at keyboard* Damn, I can't even blame it on "my finger slipped"! :roll:

Um, vallyball, yeah, it's like Vollyball only instead of punching the ball up over the net you have to bounce it under the net. There, that actually sounds feasable!

Law
18-09-06, 10:29 AM
vallyball

*looks down at keyboard* Damn, I can't even blame it on "my finger slipped"! :roll:

Um, vallyball, yeah, it's like Volleyball only instead of punching the ball up over the net you have to bounce it under the net. There, that actually sounds feasible!

Call me Mr Pedantic. Please use the spellchecker ;) :lol:

K
18-09-06, 10:43 AM
Ok, you're Mr Pedantic. :wink:

I could say it's because I'm dyslexic...

... but the reality is it's Monday morning and I'm being poo and lazy! :smt019 :wink:

Though I am actually dyslexic that's also the reason why I don't use spell checkers - it's a really lazy cop-out. Personally I'd rather concentrate on what I'm writing and try to learn... just doesn't always work.

Skip
21-09-06, 09:47 AM
Anyone up for a meet this week? If so I will start a new thread :)

Ward8124
21-09-06, 10:03 AM
Might be mate depends what time i get back from the cotswolds this weekend!

K
21-09-06, 12:03 PM
It's a friends birthday BBQ bash this weekend - so if it's anything even remotely like his normal BBQs then I'll be spending most of Sunday gleefully watching very hungover people trying gainfully to eat a fried breakfast at lunchtime. :twisted:

Then ferrying them back to the various places they all left thier cars. :roll:

Plus the weather's looking a bit on the wet side for my liking. :oops:

Skip
21-09-06, 12:05 PM
Plus the weather's looking a bit on the wet side for my liking. :oops:
I just noticed that - oh well - just doing my bit to keep EAR alive! :D :lol:

K
21-09-06, 12:12 PM
I don't mind the cold, it's just the rain I'm not fond of, which is wierd as I love driving in the rain. :oops:

It's a pity as it's lovely today and yet I've got a shed load of stuff to get done. Typical. :roll:

Ward8124
21-09-06, 12:54 PM
wimps :wink:

Vfr400
21-09-06, 09:22 PM
Been in Manchester for 4 days!! but not going to be around for Sunday as i'll be at Cadwell Park for the weekend.

chris

adburn
24-09-06, 08:52 AM
can i come??

Skip
26-09-06, 08:47 AM
Typical that the weather was really nice on Sunday! :roll:

Still, it was too late to organise anything anyway!

Cant make it this week, week after anyone?

K
26-09-06, 08:58 AM
Typical that the weather was really nice on Sunday! :roll:

Still, it was too late to organise anything anyway!

Cant make it this week, week after anyone?

It's called 'Sod's Law' - number 52 I think. :wink:

I generally know roughly what I'm doing on Sundays by about, oooh, Sunday morning. :wink:

Seriously though, I can usually tell by Wednesday whether I'm going to have work to do - apart from that most other stuff is fairly are flexible plans anyway.

the white rabbit
26-09-06, 09:05 AM
It's called 'Sod's Law'
Whats this got to do with Ward's turf again? :?

:wink:

K
26-09-06, 10:12 AM
It's called 'Sod's Law'
Whats this got to do with Ward's turf again? :?

:wink:

Hey, take your bad jokes back to your own corner of the playground. :P

the white rabbit
26-09-06, 10:15 AM
You love it...

jokes that is :oops:

Not much to joke about over our end. They're all knob faced knobsers :wink: :lol:

Law
26-09-06, 10:16 PM
You love it...

jokes that is :oops:

Not much to joke about over our end. They're all knob faced knobsers :wink: :lol:

All this talk of knob faced knobsers reminds me of that muppet off Bo Selecta. :lol:

Ward8124
27-09-06, 03:17 PM
Mental note........must turf my garden....mud and weeds are doing my head in.....

Skip
12-10-06, 08:22 PM
Well it was certainly worth our own area wasnt it! :lol:

Whos up for this week then?! :D

K
13-10-06, 08:03 AM
Well it was certainly worth our own area wasnt it! :lol:

Whos up for this week then?! :D

It's cold n wet n I'm a wimp! :oops:

Actually I'm going to be pretty busy with stuff this weekend - honest. :(

Skip
13-10-06, 04:36 PM