PDA

View Full Version : NON shiney leathers

therealvw
21-09-06, 09:57 AM
Any idea if there is a manufacturer that makes bike trousers that are not shiney!
I've got a pair of Heine Gerrick Textile pants at the mo, but was considering buying some leather ones. Just don't like the shiney ones, makes me think of the Blue Oyster Bar!!!

K
21-09-06, 12:06 PM
Yup, you just want a pair made from Nubuck is all.
I actually think HG make some, though I'm not sure. My winter trousers are a leather n textile affair from HG and the leather used in them is Nubuck.

The only way I can describe the finish is like a slightly oiled suede, but not as fuzzy, but definately a 'matt' finish.

Viney
21-09-06, 12:10 PM
Any idea if there is a manufacturer that makes bike trousers that are not shiney!
I've got a pair of Heine Gerrick Textile pants at the mo, but was considering buying some leather ones. Just don't like the shiney ones, makes me think of the Blue Oyster Bar!!!So are you implying that we ALL visit the Blue Oyster bar? :lol:

Just get a new set wear them every day, rain an shine, and they will loose thier 'shine' after a couple of months.

fizzwheel
21-09-06, 01:37 PM
Frank Thomas make some, I think they are called Titanium or something like that, They have a matt finish to them and look rather good. Liz's have had to be sent back though as they lining came apart and some of the stitching has come apart on them on the stretch panels on the both legs.

Quite reasonably priced though so might be worth a look.

therealvw
25-09-06, 08:37 AM
LOL, No Viney,I don't think all of US are patrons of the Blue Oyster bar, but you do get my drift LOL
Some of the really shiney ones do make me a little uneasy at the thought of wearing them. I'm fairly slender build and I wouldn't wnt to be goosed by some bloke biker thinking I was a woman. I got my hair cut short becuase of being wolf whistled as a teenager! LOL

Thanks for the advice though, will get on and check out the Frank Thomas ones, and also the HG ones.

Cheers!

hovis
25-09-06, 09:45 PM
http://upload4.postimage.org/1240681/k.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1240681/photo_hosting.html)

blue oyster bar :wink: :wink:

therealvw
16-10-06, 06:00 PM
D'oh!

best not go there.

I do fancy though the Frank Thomas ones

Pervytwin
16-10-06, 08:25 PM
As an openly gay man, I must add I prefer the matt look! :wink: