PDA

View Full Version : New Sidi Boots - Vertigo or Corsa?

DarrenSV650S
13-10-06, 08:15 PM
I am in need of some new boots, my old ones are cream crackered. :( I've always heard good things about Sidi's and liked the look of them.
The new ones have some really great features. Been searching about and the newest ones seem to be Vertigo(About £150) or Vertigo Corsa(About £210). :roll: The corsa ones offer better protection and adjustment. And also have interchangeable carbon fibre shin protectors.
Anyway.... I've decided to treat myself and get a pair 8)
Obviously I dont want to shell out an extra £60 if I'm not really gaining much, so I was wondering what your opinions on the boots are and whether its worthwhile going for the Corsa's?
Cheers

rich_r
14-10-06, 06:52 AM
Just let you know mate, Vertigo's are currently £129 from BFM motorcyles.

http://www.bfmmotorcycles.co.uk/catalogue/feature2.jsp?name=SIDI%20Vertigo%20Boot,%20Black,% 20Euro%20Size%2042

I got some the other week :-D

adamfool
25-10-06, 08:36 PM
also a gore-tex version of the vertigo is being released early next year, with a slightly wider foot to suit more people.... :wink:

thor
25-10-06, 09:54 PM
I like oxtars. They do a water proof version with their TCS system.

b1kerb0y
17-11-06, 09:41 PM
ive got a pair of sidi vertigo's and they are excellent. even tho they are not designed to be water proof.. trust me they are. ive had mine since aug 2005 and the only thing that is wrong with them is that they are a bit dirty (i should proberly give them a clean). any way get the vertigos. they offer the best value for money and are very practical. :D

mattSV
17-11-06, 10:03 PM
ive got a pair of sidi vertigo's and they are excellent. even tho they are not designed to be water proof.. trust me they are. ive had mine since aug 2005 and the only thing that is wrong with them is that they are a bit dirty (i should proberly give them a clean). any way get the vertigos. they offer the best value for money and are very practical. :D

:?

trust me - they are not :lol:

b1kerb0y
17-11-06, 10:33 PM

there not what? practical, water proof. they are comfortable and ive been in thunder storms with them and i had dry feet!!

mattSV
18-11-06, 10:46 AM

there not what? practical, water proof. they are comfortable and ive been in thunder storms with them and i had dry feet!!

They are not waterproof ( the bit I put in bold :roll: :wink: )

They are however practical and comfortable.

When I wear them in very heavy rain (i.e. lots of water laying/running in the road) my feet have got soaked (and I did check that the vents were closed :lol: ) this was with my waterproof trousers over the top of them. Time for some Sidi Rains I think.

b1kerb0y
18-11-06, 08:44 PM
really? ive never had a problem with them. :D

jkchops
22-11-06, 01:04 AM
I bought a pair of Sidi Blackrain's in Aug 2005 for £99.99 online at infinity motorcycles. Its the best investment i have made with my riding gear as they are so comfortable to wear, warm and keep your feet dry in very wet conditions. Top boots!

yvo6
24-11-06, 04:35 PM
They are not waterproof ( the bit I put in bold :roll: :wink: )

They are however practical and comfortable.

When I wear them in very heavy rain (i.e. lots of water laying/running in the road) my feet have got soaked (and I did check that the vents were closed :lol: ) this was with my waterproof trousers over the top of them. Time for some Sidi Rains I think.

I'll second that - heavy rain = wet feet

DarrenSV650S
24-11-06, 10:13 PM
Just to let everyone know, I got some vertigo's from ebay a few weeks ago. :P I've only used them once because of work and the weather, and I probably wont get out again this year :cry:
It could be because I went out on a very cold day and because I was just getting used to them but I found them freezing! Even with the vents closed they seemed to let a lot of air in :shock:
Its probably because they're only summer boots :roll:
The other thing was the heels on them....there like stilettos :!: :lol: :lol:
My old boots had flat soles but with these I find it awkward to maneuver my left foot when changing gear. The heel seems to get caught on the peg. Again it could be because I'm not used to them yet, or because I've got size 11 feet :lol: :lol:
How have you found them :?:

JediGoat
25-11-06, 12:39 PM
also a gore-tex version of the vertigo is being released early next year, with a slightly wider foot to suit more people.... :wink:

Sidi have just bought out the B2 Gore waterproof boot. It looks like a cross between the rain evo and the vertigo. It's a leather, gore-tex lined boot (as opposed to the rain evo and vertigo which are lorica boots), and it comes complete with toe sliders. If you see pictures of it online, the UK version has the sidi name and logo (on the shin plate) in black, not white.

I tried one on to test the fit, and it is wider than the rain evo, height is the same, but i think there's a little more room around the calf. I've got one in stock to see what the reaction is from my customers, but I reckon it'll be a big seller. RRP is £180, and they are available in the UK now.

HTH
Jo

Estie
27-11-06, 08:39 AM
I have sidi vertigo corsa boots and i dont have anything bad to say about them execpt the price tag. They do their job 100% if you should fall off the bike on a track u wont brake ur feet and the shock absorders to their job well :)

quikstu
05-01-07, 11:10 PM
Thinking of getting the Sidi Vertigo Tepor waterproof boot. Anyone any opinions?

Did have the Oxtar Gore tex boot but they split & now leak at the toe!