PDA

View Full Version : Bugger

Ward8124
27-10-06, 12:06 PM
Soz for the lack of attendance recently...been in Cuba for 2 weeks.....just got back today and found the bike is a total write off and now im in a predicament...do i go for my 3 in a space of a yeah or is it cursed for me and need to look at another option. I miss my SV sniff sniff and now its in biker heaven :cry:

jonboy
27-10-06, 12:12 PM
Bad luck, sorry to hear this, but it's your own decision. However, you know you won't find a better bike than an SV650 that's in the same performance/price bracket.

Winter's coming, so you might want to hold off till spring and forgo the cold weather. So wish you the best of luck working things out ;).

Ward8124
27-10-06, 12:16 PM
There lies the problem matey its my only form of transport to and from London thats cost effective for me so i need on regardless....plus im hard and will ride in all weathers lol!

K
27-10-06, 12:27 PM
Hows about looking for some kind of winter hack that'll be good for 6 months - then look for something 'nicer' in the spring?

Couple of downsides being that this is really the better time of year to pick up a bargin, espescially if looking at the nicer end of the selection - conversely more people are looking for winter hacks about now so finding a good 'un may be easier said than done.

Then you've got the whole maintenance issue with a hack - it's a fine line between ugly but reliable to potential 6 month money-pit. :?

Either way - fingers crossed that you've put your 'bad luck account' waaaay into credit and things'll smooth out for you soon. [-o<

How was Cuba by the way?
My manager went there on his honeymoon and said it certainly was a bit of an eye opening experience. Um, I'm fairly sure he was talking about Cuba itself! :wink:

Ward8124
27-10-06, 03:06 PM
The man hit the nail right on the head there mate....cuba is a beautiful country and the people are warm and grateful but they are vicitms of Americas bad government so there are many many poor people over there living in squallar but surround by the most scenic country ive had the please to see! its well worth a trip but dont be fooled its not as cheap as you might expect its along the same spendies as the euro