PDA

View Full Version : Largest UK Team @ WSB Is...

Mike1234
14-11-06, 10:51 PM
MIST Suzuki
www.mistsuzuki.com

TSM
14-11-06, 10:52 PM
And i see you are affliated with them.

Mike1234
14-11-06, 10:54 PM
Only because I'm the Team Manager :D

Jdubya
17-11-06, 05:53 PM
I liked the site... :thumbsup:
Not many photos of the two bikes on track though?
I'll deffo keep a lookout for the bikes next season :wink:

Mike1234
17-11-06, 06:10 PM
I liked the site... :thumbsup:
Not many photos of the two bikes on track though?
I'll deffo keep a lookout for the bikes next season :wink:

Got loads more. Just waiting until I can find some time to wade through them all.

Alpinestarhero
17-11-06, 07:29 PM

Can i have a job in my summer holidays?

Matt

Jdubya
18-11-06, 10:09 AM

Matt

I was just gonna ask that :oops:

Alpinestarhero
21-11-06, 11:15 AM

Matt

I was just gonna ask that :oops:

Pleez mister, giz' a job!!!

Matt

Mike1234
21-11-06, 01:42 PM
Despite being quite a high profile team we are in the same position as every other team in the paddock in never having enough sponsorship to do everything we would like.

Not being at the pointy end of the main class means we get overlooked by many although there is no reason to forget the 750,000 plus spectators that attend the races over the course of the season plus the UK and Europe wide television coverage amongst the benefits to sponsors.

Now that the FIM SuperStock 1000 series that we compete in is seen by many as the stepping stone to the full SuperBike class hopefully things will change. We competed against factory teams in the SuperStock 600 class last season with entries from Xerox Ducati, Alstra Corona Suzuki, PSG-1, etc. and with many of those teams moving in to the SuperStock 1000 class the competition will be even stronger.

There's even the possibility of race day hospitality at Brands Hatch for key sponsors to watch the racing in August. Beats having to mingle with the 120,000 crowd!

Fingers crossed we can sort out the 2007 sponsorship deals in time to get all the entries in and contracts signed...

Jdubya
22-11-06, 10:56 AM
So I guess a jobs out of the question then :?: :lol: :lol:

PS...If you wanna buy any of my photos just send me a PM :wink:

Jdubya
22-11-06, 11:27 PM
So when will MIST suzuki be testing in the UK ? Gonna give it a while and then start after Christmas?I know that some of the riders in the one make T675 series will be out with their bikes at Brands on saturday(25th Nov).

Mike1234
22-11-06, 11:41 PM
We have to wait until the new GSXR1000K7s are available.

Fingers crossed that Suzuki will let us have them early.

SV650Racer
25-11-06, 02:17 PM
We have to wait until the new GSXR1000K7s are available.

Fingers crossed that Suzuki will let us have them early.

fingers crossed here too..although it was good to see that the response to what the team is doing next season was alot more positive from Suzuki this time! :lol:

Jdubya
25-11-06, 04:35 PM
Went to Brands this afternoon (hottrax trackday) and there were quite a few bikes I recognised from club races out testing as well...and one or two blokes from the Triumph 675 series out testing as well.

Just as an observation though, yes it was wet and it was cold (I was in the car because I had all my camera kit with me :oops: ) but so many blokes went down today! I've never seen so many offs at a trackday before :?

Alpinestarhero
26-11-06, 06:03 PM
Mike1234 - best of luck for the new season! Seriously, if you need a helping hand come brands hatch time (i will be there!) then I can chip in for free :D

Superstocks where brilliant to watch last year, fairing bashing action all the way so stock up on those parts eh :wink:

Matt

Jdubya
26-11-06, 08:55 PM
Mike1234 - best of luck for the new season! Seriously, if you need a helping hand come brands hatch time (i will be there!) then I can chip in for free :D

Superstocks where brilliant to watch last year, fairing bashing action all the way so stock up on those parts eh :wink:

Matt

Agreed :!:

And hopefully you guys will get those bikes soon so testing can begin! After speaking to some of the racers down at the track yesterday I can only imagine how much work you still need to do before you are race ready...
Good Luck :wink:

sv-racing-parts
01-12-06, 12:26 AM
Mike1234 - best of luck for the new season! ... Superstocks where brilliant to watch last year,

Likewise, Mike1234, I hope your new season has you flying to the top of the podium on your GSXR.

I've been watching the forum and checking in periodically with BSB, since I met and rode with one of your BSB riders last year at Laguna Seca, and at Infineon Sears Point, CA for four days of training at California Superbike School. Fellow by the name of Leon Camier; Great young guy, very friendly and a super rider. Whatever it is that makes him go, I'd like some, thank you very much!!!

I've been racing an SV650 Superbike at my local track here in Vancouver, Canada for the past number of years. We have Suzuki sponsor an SV Cup Series that is scored separately from the Battle of the Twins Series, (unlimited twins), which we are lumped into, along with the Super Motards, NSR 250's and 125's. On a slow day or when the race schedule is too mucked up with delays, they also throw the vintage bikes into the fray. Tons of fun; Great experience.

I also race the F2 series, which is Honda F2 and F3 to '98, and any inline four over 10 years old, unlimited singles, Twins to 750cc, 2 stroke racers to 500cc.

I've taken my bike across the Rockies to Edmonton, and Calgary, in Alberta. As well down the coast to Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Thunderhill, Infineon Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and Streets of Willow, Las Vegas, and Firebird Park in Phoenix.

It's always interesting that no matter what they call the class for the SV to race in, the bikes racing tend to be the same. Best regards, and keep the shiny side facing up everyone.

sv-racing-parts
01-12-06, 06:50 AM
Mike1234 - best of luck for the new season! ... Superstocks where brilliant to watch last year,

I've been racing an SV650 Superbike at my local track here in Vancouver, Canada for the past number of years. We have Suzuki sponsor an SV Cup Series that is scored separately from the Battle of the Twins Series, (unlimited twins), which we are lumped into, along with the Super Motards, NSR 250's and 125's. On a slow day or when the race schedule is too mucked up with delays, they also throw the vintage bikes into the fray. Tons of fun; Great experience.

I also race the F2 series, which is Honda F2 and F3 to '98, and any inline four over 10 years old, unlimited singles, Twins to 750cc, 2 stroke racers to 500cc.

BTW: here is a quick clip of my local club track, Short and Technical, but it can be fun. :D Hope you fellow SV'rs enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GjtwC7ao80

Glad to have found you, and best regards,

Blair

Jdubya
11-12-06, 04:27 PM
Any luck with the bikes yet?

Mike1234
11-12-06, 04:54 PM
Nothing to report just yet. Have sent off rider contracts and should hear back early next week about entries. Could only enter two riders as the sponsors we are talking to haven't committed yet. Once we know our budgets we will try to get additional entries but there are no guarantees.

Still waiting to find out when we'll get the new GSXR1000K7. The GSXR600K7 is available already. Got some nice new rear shocks to try. Supposed to be really good but at a grand a shot they ought to be!

Have reworked the web site and added some more photos. Got loads more to add when I get some time. See www.mistsuzuki.com for details.

Our sponsor for 2006, www.givemethekeys.com, is running a competition to give away a MiniTwins race bikes and spare wheels plus entries and tyres for a season of racing. It's only 20 quid to enter and over 16 quid of that goes straight to the race team. The rest goes to the VAT man and the credit card processing company.

Mike1234
11-12-06, 04:55 PM
In case you are bored check out...

www.myspace.com/mistsuzuki

Jdubya
13-12-06, 09:18 AM
Wasn't bored but had a look anyway... :lol:
So will you be racing minitwins next year as well or concentrating on SS1000?

Mike1234
13-12-06, 10:26 AM
Nope, I'll be organising the MiniTwins and ThunderBike race series as well as the MIST Suzuki stuff.

Didn't even get time to get on a bike in 2006 so hopefully 2007 will be better.

Jdubya
13-12-06, 04:01 PM
Aaahhh...I didn't get to see much of the minitwins/club stuff last season but I am hoping to get to these races a lot more next season :D :D
One of the local bike mechs around here where I live will be racing a 748 next season... in thunderbikes I think(not too sure) :lol: :lol:

Jdubya
10-01-07, 03:50 PM
Any news on your machines for this year yet Mike?