PDA

View Full Version : Hayden to undergo surgery.

Peter Henry
21-11-06, 12:45 PM
The World Champ is to have a broken collar bone fixed which was damaged when he was jettisoned by his team mate in Portugal. Nicky kept the injury quiet as he feared being ruled out of the last race by the authorities.

He already has an impressive looking array of screws in one collar baone and it is not clear if it is the same one that will now receive treatment.

Supervox
21-11-06, 05:34 PM
The World Champ is to have a broken collar bone fixed which was damaged when he was jettisoned by his team mate in Portugal. Nicky kept the injury quiet as he feared being ruled out of the last race by the authorities.

He already has an impressive looking array of screws in one collar baone and it is not clear if it is the same one that will now receive treatment.

Call me cynical, but this smacks to me of publicity hype - "See, I am a real hero, I beat Rossi when I was injured"

Maybe I'm doing the guy a dis-service - but hey, I'll call it how I see it !!

SoulKiss
21-11-06, 08:24 PM
Well I was never into bike racing until I watched the last race - which is now annoying as I worked for INS when they sponsored the team that Troy Balis rode for about 7 years or so ago (Orange and Black team colours - INS Ducati I think) and could have gotten free tickets, tho I DID sit on the bike as the company Summer Party (and said hello to Troy)

Anyways, back on topic, as I didn't watch any of the rest of the season I cannot really comment, but my thoughts are that Hayden got lucky, that if Rossi hadn't slipped, he would never of had a chance.

Rossi just seemed to have some class, Hayden - redneck hick..........

Razor
21-11-06, 08:30 PM
Hayden's a good rider and he had as many obstacles as Rossi did for the season. When all's said and done, HONDA won again. From what I'm reading they're not even that keen on Hayden, but if they back Pedrosa next season it's all part of their plan to prove that the rider doesn't matter and that their bikes will win no matter who's the pilot. It's what they said when Rossi left.

Jelster
21-11-06, 11:05 PM
Call me cynical........

Yes you are !! God leave the bloke alone, he won it fair and square.

If he damaged his shoulder in that crash I can understand him not wanting to say anything....

Damoulianos Marios
22-11-06, 12:30 AM
Hayden's (...) had as many obstacles as Rossi did for the season.

That's not true. If Rossi's fall in Jerez is to be counterbalanced by Hayden's event with Pedrosa then there is nothing to counterbalance the two (or three?) races he did not finish because of the M1's and Michelin's problems. And I am not counting Rossi's fall in Valencia as that was purely his own fault.

Supervox
22-11-06, 01:06 PM
Call me cynical........

If he damaged his shoulder in that crash I can understand him not wanting to say anything....

I have never stated that he didn't win it 'fair & square' - so I really don't understand why you'd introduce an extra (random) aspect to my post !! :P

Peter Henry
23-11-06, 02:55 PM
Soulkiss..Based on your self admitted pitifull knowledge of either Moto Gp racing or last seasons main protagonists, I do think it outrageous for you to pass the comments that you have about the new Worl Champion.

Nicky Hayden may speak with a,(to us) odd sounding accent, but that guy is one quick rider. Man for man for sure he is no match for Valentino....but who else do you know is? (Ok I will let you off....Loris is of course :wink: )

Hayden,(albeit with full factory support) has delivered even more than Sete Gibernau did in his purple period of seasons 2003/4 and no one else out there has puched Valentino as much as the Spaniard did until now.

Falls,faults etc are all part of the game, Valentino has had tremendous fortune in all but last season and so maybe a degree of "pay back" was due?

Contrary to what many Nš46 Tee shirt wearing people might have you believe...Valentino makes many mistakes...not just the occasional one.(That is stolen from a quote made by Colin Edwards and no-one knows Valentino better.) In his favour though has always been his supreme ability to recover from his slip ups.

Jelster
23-11-06, 10:15 PM
Call me cynical........

I have never stated that he didn't win it 'fair & square' - so I really don't understand why you'd introduce an extra (random) aspect to my post !! :P

Maybe it was the "spirit" of your post... I'm a Rossi fan, what he does with a bike is not far short of miraculous. But Hayden won by being Mr consistent, and I don't think he needs a sympathy vote.

Supervox
24-11-06, 05:08 PM
Call me cynical........

Maybe it was the "spirit" of your post... I'm a Rossi fan, what he does with a bike is not far short of miraculous. But Hayden won by being Mr consistent, and I don't think he needs a sympathy vote.

I make no apologies for the fact that I don't like NH as a racer (never met the dude personally - he's probably a very nice chap) - I think he's extremely over-rated & the weakest World Champion that I can remember

So, if he's not looking to make any mileage out of the fact that he rode when injured (& give me the name of any top flight racer who hasn't at some time or another) then why mention it at all ? THAT'S what makes me feel cynical about it !!

SoulKiss
24-11-06, 05:21 PM
Soulkiss..Based on your self admitted pitifull knowledge of either Moto Gp racing or last seasons main protagonists, I do think it outrageous for you to pass the comments that you have about the new Worl Champion.

As you pointed out - and I won't disagree with you on my level of knowlege, but the people I have been around who ARE into this stuff (as I think I may be next season) talk about Rossi in glowing terms.

Had never even heard of Hayden before that race, but I already knew something about Rossi.

My comment on Hayden's background was a personal impression, I know plenty of Americans, from plently of different states, enough to know that the accent doth not make the man.

As Vox said, if he had class, the shoulder incident would have been kept quiet - he had already one, why try and build his legend and turn himself into a "hero" ?

I stand ready to change this opinion if I get the chance - observing Mr Hayden in the next season may change my mind.

David

Jdubya
24-11-06, 05:33 PM
Personally I can see the No.1 plate going back on the Yam or a ducati next year :oops:

*runs and hides*

Razor
24-11-06, 05:37 PM
Personally I can see the No.1 plate going back on the Yam or a ducati next year :oops:

Nope, next year belongs to Suzuki. Their 800cc bike is already on the pace of the 990cc version. Hopper and Vermin are gonna take 1st and 2nd...

Jdubya
24-11-06, 05:43 PM

Nope, next year belongs to Suzuki. Their 800cc bike is already on the pace of the 990cc version. Hopper and Vermin are gonna take 1st and 2nd...

Mmmmm...we'll have to see how it goes...
I honestly cannot see them carrying the same form throughout next year. But if they do...what a slap in the face that would be to h*nda and yam*ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Henry
24-11-06, 06:50 PM
Razor being a bit mischievous! :wink: The Suzuki I would love to see being competitive on a regular basis but somehow I doubt it will happen. They were so down on power with the 990 bike, how they going to turn things around with the smaller cpacity engine?

They managed to look good in the previous test due to the abscence of some of the big players I am afraid. Closer examination of the tests to be carried out in my neck of the woods at Jerez next week,will I feel be a more accurate reflection of any progress made and a better barometer of potential for next season.

Poor old Hayden, I posted to mention that he was to go under the knife but he was not the one making a big deal about it. I suppose it would have been better for no-one to say anything and then let the rumours begin when he did not show at Jerez for the testing?!

Poor guy really has people on his case! BTW if you go to eurosport there is 10 minute interview with him talking to Randy Mamola, it really is hard to dislike the guy.

Soulkiss...I did not wish to be so harsh on you fella, thing is so many people only talk about Rossi when the truth of the matter is that there are a lot of other great riders out there also. I am one for seeing the long standing champion given a much harder time on a regular basis from here on in. When that starts to happen,(yes,if it happens) you can bet many "good time" fans will start to dissapear.

Maybe only then will we be able to consider Valentino as a GOAL. For that rating should surely only be based on the standard of competition that one eclipses to record achievements. If the competition is weak then it reflects on your record and to my thinking devalues them?

Flamin_Squirrel
24-11-06, 07:48 PM
Hayden,(albeit with full factory support) has delivered even more than Sete Gibernau did in his purple period of seasons 2003/4 and no one else out there has puched Valentino as much as the Spaniard did until now.

The only thing that Sete failed to deliver was the required level of consistency - at least he could push Rossi in a race, something that Hayden is yet to do imo.

Supervox
24-11-06, 07:58 PM

The only thing that Sete failed to deliver was the required level of consistency - at least he could push Rossi in a race, something that Hayden is yet to do imo.

That's because he isn't a racer !!

He'll happily sit backand take what points he can, taking advantage of others mistakes without ever really fighting for a position.

By doing this he's won a World Championship - who knows he may win more. But, he'll never go down in history as one of the 'greats' riding in this fashion.

Jelster
24-11-06, 09:52 PM

He'll happily sit backand take what points he can, taking advantage of others mistakes without ever really fighting for a position.

By doing this he's won a World Championship - who knows he may win more. But, he'll never go down in history as one of the 'greats' riding in this fashion.

Bollox.... You can't win a world championship, especially at the premier class, and NOT be a racer.... He did actually win some races you know...... Maybe he just handles himself different to others, maybe he's more calculating than most, maybe, just maybe, he had a strategy from day 1 (like keep in front of Rossi and you'll probably win it!!)

I'll agree that he may not be the most entertaining, but a racer he certainly is....

kwak zzr
24-11-06, 11:14 PM
he is a racer yes but i dont think hes a worthy world champion, hes a consistent points scorer but that's about it, if he wins it next year (which he wont) i'll take it all back.

Peter Henry
25-11-06, 08:06 AM
It may appear that I am a fan of Nicky, which in truth is not so. I like the guy and I think he has a lot of grace. I do just feel that he does not at all get the credit he deserves. I can only suggest or recommend any Nicky doubters to try and watch a copy of...The Doctor,Tornado and The Kentucky Kid.

There are comments made in that film which could give you a different view of him. The guy has always been a winner until arriving amongst the big boys in europe. He has for sure taken some time to deliver. But deliver he has and who is to say that the confidance boost that will give him along with the determination to show it was no fluke, will not allow us to see a far more combatative Nicky Hayden? (Although in truth the 800cc bikes will take away a degree of the rear end action of the machine which is pretty crucial to Nicky's riding style)

Supervox
25-11-06, 12:51 PM

Bollox.... You can't win a world championship, especially at the premier class, and NOT be a racer.... He did actually win some races you know...... Maybe he just handles himself different to others, maybe he's more calculating than most, maybe, just maybe, he had a strategy from day 1 (like keep in front of Rossi and you'll probably win it!!)

I'll agree that he may not be the most entertaining, but a racer he certainly is....

Bollox to you too !!

Topcat
27-11-06, 10:22 PM

Hayden isn't a racer ?

You didn't watch the Dutch GP then , could be mistaken , but it looked suspiciously like Hayden and Colin Edwards were racing to me , and of the 'win or bin it ' school of racing to boot .
No one's proclaiming that Nicky the best around , quite obviously it's Vale , but he is WORLD CHAMPION , and he won it fair and square , and therefore DESERVES RESPECT . To say that anybody who has won a Moto GP World Championship isn't a racer , is quite frankly talking out of their backside !