PDA

View Full Version : What to wear under leathers?

philh
13-12-06, 09:51 PM
OK, OK. You'll probably all laugh at me for this one...

I'm in the market for a new set of leathers for the summer. Probably two piece. However I've always worn textiles, Cordura etc... And they have gone nicely over my jeans and work clothes.

So my question is, what is usually worn under properly fitting leathers? Leathers seem to be a lot more 'fitted' than textiles. Is there room for jeans under them? They would be a bugger to get on yeah?

I'm clueless. Hopeless. Help! :oops:

SoulKiss
13-12-06, 10:07 PM
With my leathers (were fooking tight when new - were made to measure with known amount of stretch) its just socks, undies and a t-shirt.

So not much worn with leathers :)

David

DarrenSV650S
13-12-06, 10:24 PM
Yep just socks, boxers and T shirt
How can you wear textiles and jeans in the summer :shock: Im usually cooking with just the above :lol:

however........I'd like to hear from the ladies on this matter 8-[ and I think pictorial evidence would help to explain this in further detail [-o<

thor
13-12-06, 10:26 PM
If you want summer leathers, they you don't want jeans under then, you'll sweat buckets. I think you can get liners, but most leathers have some sort of liner. If you want casual jeans to wear after riding, then consider some amoured jeans.

Law
14-12-06, 11:24 AM
EDZ undersuit.

Makes slipping on leathers a whole lot easier and they're a lot easier to wash more often than leathers.

Scoobs
14-12-06, 02:09 PM
Stockings and a basque make slipping the leather on very easy.

Razor
14-12-06, 02:16 PM

I would have thought you more a crotchless bodystocking kind of guy?

Scoobs
14-12-06, 02:20 PM

Nope!

Need a crotch otherwise I suffer from "sweaty nads syndrome".

Razor
14-12-06, 02:25 PM

Nope!

Need a crotch otherwise I suffer from "sweaty nads syndrome".

T.M.I :nomore:

philh
14-12-06, 10:20 PM
:D :D :D :shock: :D :D :? :D :D 8) :D :D :roll:

You're all a bunch of perverted kinky bar stewards. :wink:

Scoobs, I'm following your lead. Perhaps the thought of medics cutting my leathers off only to reveal Ann Summers gear will make me an even more cautious rider? 8)

Thanks for the, er, insight chaps. Seriously, ta. Question answered. No more help required now. Please God don't post any more! :D

Scoobs
15-12-06, 07:59 AM
Scoobs, I'm following your lead.

You know it make sense. :wink: :lol:

Razor
15-12-06, 11:29 AM
Scoobs, I'm following your lead.

You know it make sense. :wink: :lol:

Accident & emergency nurses have seen it all before.

Estie
18-12-06, 11:05 PM
You guys think m size of the "EDZ undersuit" will fit a 185cm 74kg person?

MavUK
09-04-07, 06:52 PM
You guys think m size of the "EDZ undersuit" will fit a 185cm 74kg person?

Do these things actually work - does it provide the warmth needed in the middle of winter? Planning on replacing my leathers this year and if these are as good as described here may get both at the same time and have leathers that fit as well in summer as winter.

AlanSv
09-04-07, 07:47 PM
I wear a pair of "tracksters" under my leathers, they're great. they're used by runners. Excellent for getting in and out of my tight leathers on a hot day.

Problem with not wearing anything on your legs under your leathers is that I'd end up stuck to them if it was hot.

its only the legs, but at £10 they're a bargain!

Tim in Belgium
09-04-07, 08:32 PM
I use thin ski thermals, pretty similar to the other stuff out there, any modern thin wicking fabric would be good, leggings and top make me comf. When I just go for the undie route I sometimes get the odd bit of velcro digging into my knee etc, hence going for the leggings too. Worked well in +10to+35 deg C, any cooler and a thin fleece goes on too.

hovis
10-04-07, 09:39 AM
EDZ suit

Jelster
10-04-07, 10:57 AM
As others have said, just underwear and a T-shirt/vest, however....

Talcum Powder is great in the summer, it makes getting the leathers on easier and it soaks up the sweat. I use it very often, and it also stops any "chaffing" in places where leather meets skin.

Just a thought....

Viney
10-04-07, 11:00 AM
Comando!

Luckypants
10-04-07, 11:24 AM
Ewwww..... Commando???

Winter = M&S thermal long sleeved shirt + M&S thermal longjohns. Cheaper than walking / MTB / etc thermals and do the same job. Wicks away sweat too.

Fancy something like an EDZ suit for summer, but think £40 is a bit steep!

jay boi
12-04-07, 03:59 PM
vineys gt the righ idea

Tomcat
12-04-07, 04:02 PM
As others have said, just underwear and a T-shirt/vest, however....

Talcum Powder is great in the summer, it makes getting the leathers on easier and it soaks up the sweat. I use it very often, and it also stops any "chaffing" in places where leather meets skin.

Just a thought....

Euwwwww...... nice !

Reminds me of the friends scene were ross uses talc with his leather pants, ends up with it everywhere, looks a right t**t!

thebluelion
13-04-07, 09:01 PM
I just wear socks and a thong :D no seriously i wear socks and boxers my leathers are line so have no problems but still get very warm in summer. Whats an edz suit?

Heed
14-04-07, 07:15 PM
I got a 2 piece thermal underlayer for under my leathers. It's meant to keep me warm in winter and cool in summer. The cool in summer side of things works fine but warm in winter is a bit ambitious. I got it for £20 off eBay but the sellers stopped trading from what I can work out. It's good for some comfort under my leathers and means I can unzip then to my waist without showing off my Austin Powersesque chest hair:p

thebluelion
14-04-07, 08:59 PM
Heed lol a t-shirt wil cost ya about 3.99 save u £16.01 only joking

hovis
19-04-07, 07:15 AM
as it was very warm last night, i just wore boxers & a T-shirt under my leathers, after about 2 miles i was all hot & sweaty

so i came home, put on the EDZ suit & it seemed cooler

HTH

mr slipster
19-04-07, 08:03 AM
I got a 2 piece thermal underlayer for under my leathers. It's meant to keep me warm in winter and cool in summer. The cool in summer side of things works fine but warm in winter is a bit ambitious. I got it for £20 off eBay but the sellers stopped trading from what I can work out. It's good for some comfort under my leathers and means I can unzip then to my waist without showing off my Austin Powersesque chest hair:p

are you heed from wizards forum?