PDA

View Full Version : Hibernation

Ward8124
18-12-06, 01:26 PM
Oi you lot where the hell are ya?! In your little caves with a bunch of hay no doubt giving it the big Zs till the warm weather comes back to wake your asses up and get the cobwebs of the machines and back on the road!?! Shocking!

I will be mostly be riding through winter so whos with me?! :lol: :twisted:

K
18-12-06, 01:34 PM
:smt015

:wink:
I've done the all year commuting in the past, but having both four and two wheels to choose from - added to the all important factor of not haveing to commute at all at the moment 8) - means I can live the life of luxury and choose when to ride...

... and choose dry. Warmth, whilst preferable, isn't a necessity though.

However, finances mean that the bike is SORN'd and tucked up in t'garage until spring now anyway. :oops:

minifun
19-12-06, 12:26 PM
I don't use the bike for work but it comes out most weekends!

jonboy
19-12-06, 12:55 PM
I'm an allyearrounder, providing it's not sheet ice, I'm usually happy to get on the bike. I'm sure we could arrange something. You never know, two of us might actually turn up :lol: .

Ward8124
19-12-06, 02:07 PM
LOL yeah now thats what i call a gathering lol!

seedy100
19-12-06, 10:53 PM
I will use the bike to commute (35 miles each way) if

1. There is no frost/snow
2. Its not raining when i set off
3. Its not foggy
4. I do not have to carry anything that will not fit under a cargo net

Since getting the bike I find traffic jams MUCH more anoying than I used to.
I prefer to be cold than stuck in queues but:-
a) Fog ice and snow increase the risk beyond my personal limit
b) I have no facilities to cope with wet gear at work so i wont set off in the rain

jonboy
20-12-06, 12:03 AM

Yes, it's quite amazing isn't it? If I'm in a car (rare these days) and there's a jam, I start climbing up the walls "if only I was on the bike...".

speedygirl
20-12-06, 03:41 PM
Took the SV out last weekend and the weekend before that (down sarth in Weymouth tho - that;s its winter home!) - great ride in the sun with hands kept warm by handwarmers and lots of thermals on! Also took a mate's ZX-6R for a spin - thinking of changing the SV next year. VERY nice :D - nearly stole it... but didn;t match my leathers.. :oops: such a girl...

Viney
20-12-06, 03:43 PM

Yes, it's quite amazing isn't it? If I'm in a car (rare these days) and there's a jam, I start climbing up the walls "if only I was on the bike...".

. I just clck the seat back a couple, turn on up the radio adjust the heating and just sit there....unless i need to be somewhere real quick, then i filter :D

jonboy
21-12-06, 01:23 PM
Oi! Get back to yer own section. :lol: