PDA

View Full Version : SV650S Full Fairing

Maestro
27-12-06, 01:51 AM
Hey everyone. I just bought a red 2006 SV650S about a month ago :) It's my first motorcycle and I love it! I've already outfitted it with a set of motosliders frame sliders to help protect it from any drops (I think you brits call them crash bungs :P). I want to get the Suzuki full fairing for my bike at some point, but I was wondering if I would still be able to use my frame sliders with the full fairing or if I would have to cut holes into it to accomodate them. The motosliders mount on the main rod that goes completely through the engine. Does anyone else have this same set-up or know about it?

Dysparunia
27-12-06, 09:04 AM
Hello & welcome.

Bad News I 'fraid, with those bungs you'd need to cut the lowers. R&G do a set where you don't.

Always the option to flog 'em on e-bay/here.

Have you posted us a pic yet???

northwind
27-12-06, 12:17 PM
It's fairly easy to cut them... I'd sooner have Motosliders and a hole than R&Gs and no hole, personally :)

Maestro
27-12-06, 08:13 PM
why do you say that about the R&G's northwind? are there any threads that discuss the best way to cut a clean hole in the fairings for something like this? i'll try to post some pics soon :)

northwind
28-12-06, 01:06 PM
IMO they bend too easily... I had a set for a while, they did OK but one bung bent very badly in a fairly low impact crash and didn't do much to protect. I could forgive that, but the replacement parts are also extremely expensive for what they are- I ended up buying a set of motosliders for not much more than one replacement bolt and bung for the R&Gs, and the postage from the states was less than the R&G postage from within the UK :roll: Since then I've been impressed by the Motosliders, they're just stronger... Strong bungs do risk causing damage, if they refuse to bend or snap and end up transmitting an impact, but they've been tested hundreds of times by others without even a single bad report.

I'm not going to say the new R&Gs are bad... I just think there's better out there, and cheaper too.