PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Caliper Adapter Plates

NedSVS
28-12-06, 08:02 PM
I am thinking of purchasing some adapter plates from High Speed Assault to fit GSXR calipers to my SV(2001). Can people who have already done this give me some feedback on supply and quality. Thanks.

sdusk
01-01-07, 09:16 PM
The quality of the plate is good. The bolts they supply are stainless steel, and are not good enough for brakes, and barely handle the torque that is required. I replaced the bolts with zinc plated high tensile steel bolts (similar to OEM suzuki) at a cost of about £8.

oldsvrider
02-01-07, 08:17 AM
how much are these adapter plates?

Viney
02-01-07, 08:29 AM
Although i have no doubt that these plates are high quality, the front suspension will let you down so uprate the front springs and oil at the very minimum

oldsvrider
02-01-07, 08:11 PM
does anybody have one of these adapter plates or a drawing of one with all the dimensions so i could use it to make my own brackets?

NedSVS
02-01-07, 08:53 PM
These plates cost $125 + $16 P&P. I thought this was quite reasonable and couldn't be bothered looking into getting them made at that price. I PM'd a couple of people on the forum who had bought them and the feedback was good. I have ordered mine today and will let you know what I think of them when I receive them.

BILLY
02-01-07, 09:01 PM
You would be better off spending the money on new springs and fork oil!!!

Viney
02-01-07, 09:36 PM
Im at a loss as to see why on earth you would want to put such poerful brakes on a standard SV? The brakes on there are more than capable for the size and wieght of the machines. Just make sure that they are in tip top condition.

oldsvrider
03-01-07, 09:04 AM
I got given a set of k3 gsxr600 calipers fully referbed without pads for nothing and if i can make the brackets for nothing apart from my time and whats used to make it i would have a new set of brakes for the price of a set of pads

plus my standard sv brakes are really bad, they have been since i bought the bike. don't know what the previous owner done to them. I was thinking of getting new springs and oil as well so i thought i would put these on, as long as i can get a diagram with the exact dimensions on so i can make the brackets myself, because i don't fancy paying $125 plus what ever to get it from the USA

netsurfer
08-01-07, 09:55 PM
For the benefit of anyone subscribed to this thread

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=49834

Pete

NedSVS
27-01-07, 09:59 PM
Fitted my GSXR calipers today and had a short run. Every thing feels good, but will need a much longer run to give a full assessment of improvement, especially as I am bedding in brand new pads as well. The adapter plates took about 10 days to arrive from the USA and are well machined. The black plated finish looks good, but we'll have to wait and see if it passes the British weather test :!: