PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a decent garage bucks/berks area?

ASM-Forever
29-12-06, 10:47 PM
Motorcycle city would seem the closest official suzuki dealership, so can anyone endorse it?

Or any other recomendations.

I used to use DWR racing in Aylesbury for my Mito, decent as they were, i am thinking of using an official dealership.

Recommend away.... 8)

chunkytfg
29-12-06, 11:49 PM
DWR would be a good bet aswell seen as dave wood won the British superbike cup on a suzuki

K
30-12-06, 10:24 AM
I supose it depends exactly where you're based and how far you'd like to travel.

Does it have to be a Suzuki main dealer? If so why? Cos if it's only for servicing to keep a new bike under warrenty then you can go to any garage - as long as they use Suzuki genuine parts then your warrenty won't be affected.

I can highly recommended Flitwick Motorcycles, (not surprisingly in Flitwick, Bedfordshire - not far from Bucks and just off the M1) they've looked after my Blade and SV with good care and I bought my first bike from them over 18 years ago.
Predominantly they deal in Triumph and Yamaha, but handle and deal with all makes really.

Kylie
30-12-06, 05:49 PM
I bought my bike from Ford and Ellis in Chesham, had all my servicing done there too. They are a good Suzuki dealership imho but I haven't used anywhere else so what do I know...

walnuts
30-12-06, 09:05 PM
I bought my bike from Ford and Ellis in Chesham, had all my servicing done there too. They are a good Suzuki dealership imho but I haven't used anywhere else so what do I know...

Yeah, I also had my last service done with Ford & Ellis seemed alright, they let me have a loaner bike for the day as well.
I'm going back next week for the 8k service too.

Kylie
31-12-06, 05:49 PM
Had two services so far, got loaned a bandit (600?) for one and a GS500 for the other. Enjoyed riding both of them as they made me so so glad I'd bought an SVS! :)

fat_brstd
31-12-06, 06:44 PM
I used ford and ellis for a new chain and sprocket set on my old bike (a rather uncommen kwak el252) and it took them 2 weeks to get it sorted for me and when I got it back my front brake was screwed, rubbing and staying on all the time. no idea what they were doing but I wouldnt use them again. I got on very well with the guys over in hemel at moores untill they put a tire on the wrong way round which I didnt notice untill I went back to get my mot done a couple of weeks later, thats basic stuff they shouldnt be able to mess up.

Ive heard very good things about brian greys in wycombe from a mate of mine who has all his work done on his repair work on his cbr600rr done there after someone run it over when it was stationary and he is a car mechanic by trade so i would hope he would be able to tell if they were screwing him. he also wont used ford and ellis cause they messed up something on his rs250 even though he lives about 5 mins away.