PDA

View Full Version : Ticking me off

craigk
02-01-07, 08:44 PM
HI there got a slight problem, (i`ve looked on the search thing but couldn`t find no help)
When i`m going along on the bike, i get a ticking noise which i can hear quite loud now that i have had a new lid for crimbo... i know the bike needed a service some time back which i need to get done. its just really annoying now, it sounds like when you used to put playing cards in the spokes of your bmx`s...ha ha

anyone with any info on what can cure this problem would be much appreciated...thanx

diamond
02-01-07, 08:47 PM
I get that when my chain needs adjusting, that would be the first thing i'd check.

BILLY
02-01-07, 08:59 PM
A loose spark plug?

the white rabbit
02-01-07, 09:06 PM
Is it loud or quiet and just a little annoying? I remember the latter was discussed when the pointy's were in K3 year and people thought it was the FI and normal. But that was a quietish ticking.

diamond
02-01-07, 09:08 PM
In fact the worst ticking was when i had a tight spot on the chain and it was time for a new one.

craigk
02-01-07, 09:11 PM
A loose spark plug?

are you serious cause it has been lumpy for some time and lacking in performance.....

or are you just taking the micheal out of me

ejohnh
02-01-07, 09:12 PM
HI there got a slight problem, (i`ve looked on the search thing but couldn`t find no help)
When i`m going along on the bike, i get a ticking noise which i can hear quite loud now that i have had a new lid for crimbo... i know the bike needed a service some time back which i need to get done. its just really annoying now, it sounds like when you used to put playing cards in the spokes of your bmx`s...ha ha

anyone with any info on what can cure this problem would be much appreciated...thanx

I had that a while back, not so much a ticking more a clacking lol. It was a dirty sticky chain with me. I got chain cleaner and gave it a good clean and waxing - now smoothly silent. Well it was the last time I rode it and I'm sure it will still be when I get my new bloody choke cable!

John

Biker Biggles
02-01-07, 09:12 PM
Another vote for the chain.Said it needs a service so what's the betting the basics need looking at?

Biker Biggles
02-01-07, 09:14 PM
Oh and running lumpy like a misfire is another symptom of a fubared chain.

craigk
02-01-07, 10:12 PM
i had it in my head that it may be something to do with the timing chain in the engine....thats where it sounds like its coming from.got a simular very quiet noise when its on tickover, but then get worse when i pull off...saying that i get a squealing noise sometimes when i pull off hard from the lights. what can this be.

BILLY
02-01-07, 10:16 PM
A loose spark plug?

are you serious cause it has been lumpy for some time and lacking in performance.....

or are you just taking the micheal out of me

I'm serious happened to me on my CB1