PDA

View Full Version : Selling a K6

Villers
03-01-07, 12:21 AM
Hi, My K6 is about 8 months old and has about 1500 miles on it. Totally standard bar the Suzuki bellypan and a blueflame exhaust.

Come april/may Ill probably be wanting to sell it. Ive thus far not seen a K6 for sale anywhere (privately) and Im confused as to what to ask for it. Ive looked on autotrader and some dealers are trying to sell K5's for 4k+ and brand new K6's for as much as 4600.

A few q's I have are.....

1. Do you think there will be a private market for a 1 year old k6?

2. Is the suzuki warranty transferable to the new owner? I cant even remember how long it was!

Any help would be greatfully received!

cheers :wink:

scooby2102
03-01-07, 01:46 AM
Villers, yep, there should be a market privately for a K6, providing you are realistic about the asking price, i.e. the PDI, VAT charges etc on a new bike are "gone" as soon as its left the showroom.

Ref the manu warranty, it goes with the bike (2 years) so will be transferable to the new owner

All the best when you come to sell.

chunkytfg
03-01-07, 04:20 AM
Come april/may Ill probably be wanting to sell it. Ive thus far not seen a K6 for sale anywhere (privately) and Im confused as to what to ask for it. Ive looked on autotrader and some dealers are trying to sell K5's for 4k+ and brand new K6's for as much as 4600.

They could be trying to sell em for 10k and that still woudnt alter what yours is worth. the fact some dealers are kicking out brand new unregistered K6's fro under 4k(for nakeds) is the factor you have against you

Villers
03-01-07, 08:49 PM
I understand that, the point I was making was exactly that - how can you gauge the market when some unscrupulous dealers are trying to shift used bikes at 4.6k when you can get a brand new one for less.

Any suggested prices?

sinbad
03-01-07, 09:28 PM
Think it would surely have to be around the £3500 mark to get any attention. As mentioned before brand new ones can be had for £4k.

Villers
04-01-07, 12:25 AM
I was worried that 3500 may be a bit much? I suppose you are getting a mint bike with a couple of extras and the fact it is run in! I just dont know!