PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Gaskets?

kellie000
04-01-07, 11:18 PM
I'm about to switch out the clutch on my 2001 SV650s, but I don't know what the part numbers for the the clutch gasket(s) is(are). Does anyone know off hand which ones I'll need to order? Thanks in advance.

svrash
04-01-07, 11:29 PM
I used my old one and gave it a smear of auto gasket, its like a black rubbery mastic that you apply with a mastic gun, i only do this once however and then buy a new one, try the this link for SV part numbers http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/frames.cfm?man=su&groupid=11870&parent=11810 :wink:

northwind
05-01-07, 10:09 AM
Aye, I used a spot of universal blue last time I had mine open... But then I've got a bendy clutch cover so it leaks without some sealer anyway :)

To find part numbers though, check out Ron Ayers' website, there's full US parts fiches on the site. Occasionally you find a different part, ie US bikes don't have card heaters on them, but largely it's accurate.

Viney
05-01-07, 11:15 AM
I have removed my clutch cover 5-6 times without replacing the gasket and other than the one time i caught the gasket under the cover its never leaked. Its rubber. Just make sure that its seated in the cover properly when putting back.

I have to to do it again this weekend for another basket!!

Part # if you still need it is 11482-19F00