PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars sizing

furrybean
30-01-07, 09:55 AM
At the moment I've got a set of Frank Thomas gloves in L and they fit but are a little too long (I have shovel shaped hands!). My question is how do alpinestars sizing compare to FT? Seen a set on ebay :roll: and theyre going cheap like the budgy!

fizzwheel
30-01-07, 10:13 AM
I find that I normally have to go up a size for the Alpinestars gloves, but I've also found that it depends on which model of glove.

I'm a large normally, but my current summer gloves are XL, I've found with a previous pair though that the fingers on certain designs are short and I've needed to XXL in order to get a comfy fit. ( I've got long fingers ) However Liz bought some Alpinestars Vega gloves a couple of weekends ago and they are medium and they just about fit me to.

( Helpful arent I )

I think they only way your going to know without taking a risk is nip to your nearest bikes shop and try on what you want to buy off ebay for size and then you'll have a better idea.

HTH

furrybean
30-01-07, 10:19 AM
Cheers Fizz, I think.

The bike shops round here are either 30 miles one way or 20 the other that stock alpinestars stuff. Shorter fingers are good for me as like I said, my hands are kinda square!