PDA

View Full Version : WSB comes to Donny

Jelster
31-01-07, 11:54 AM
Only noticed this the other day... We now have a WSB meeting at Donnington this year:

April 1 Europe Donington Park - I kid you not... April 1st, WSB comes to the UK GP circuit.

So, with 3 events, and 6 races, it would be nice for JT to win one of them on home soil...

It's just like the European Cup, we get more entries than the French & Germans, so I anticipate a big whinge from across the channel :lol:

I'll probably see you there :thumbsup:

trickywoos
31-01-07, 11:56 AM
Yeah can't wait for 1st April to come along!!

wheelnut
07-02-07, 12:54 AM
At least, Donington Park has been sold to new owners who have promised to improve the site and add new facilities for motor racing fans.

The former owners were more interested in pop concerts and exhibitions

weazelz
09-02-07, 12:57 PM
excellent

all we need now is for them to go back to using the full-length circuit at silverstone :-)

andyaikido
09-02-07, 01:10 PM
April 1st? Wet race, anyone?

Alpinestarhero
09-02-07, 04:48 PM
I think a few years ago at a similar time in the year, wsbk came to donners.

And it snowed :shock:

Matt

Jdubya
09-02-07, 06:20 PM
I think a few years ago at a similar time in the year, wsbk came to donners.

And it snowed :shock:

Matt

I shall let them know to bring the chains! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alpinestarhero
10-02-07, 09:40 AM
Perhaps spiked tyres would be better...

Either way, donners will become Lake Donington again, much like Motogp in 2005 (that was a crazy day!)

Matt

weazelz
23-02-07, 01:42 PM
the reason we're getting three rounds thsi year:

clickety (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/6288239.stm)

tricky
23-02-07, 02:05 PM
Last time I saw WBSK at Donno', Giancomo Falapa won ! (well one of the rounds anyway)

Alpinestarhero
24-02-07, 01:39 PM
If it where a true world championship, then there would be more rounds outside of europe;

Why can't WSB go back to Sugo?

What about a visit to the USA (i know laguna seca is difficult to get meets, but there are other tracks)

And how about going to China?

Matt

Jdubya
24-02-07, 01:51 PM
If it where a true world championship, then there would be more rounds outside of europe;

What about a visit to the USA (i know laguna seca is difficult to get meets, but there are other tracks)

Matt
True, they would also be going to Africa(South) if it were to be a true World championship...but the money involved in hosting such an event is huge and many govt's will not support such events and as is the case in South Africa, they cannot find enough private sponsorship to cover the costs.
Unfortunately its the way the cookie crumbles:(

mister c
20-03-07, 02:46 PM
Got my tickets so will be shouting like mad for Biaggi, the guys been my hero for years, he is so smooth when he's racing. It will be nice to see him back on a bike & giving it his all :)

Jelster
20-03-07, 04:37 PM

Matt

I have to agree, but other Countries don't seem to want it - A round in the US would be great, I'm sure that Laguna Seca is not the only non oval circuit in the States.

Rog
20-03-07, 09:00 PM
Ive ordered my tickets and will be there cheering on Toseland.

How many are going from here??

John 675
21-03-07, 11:41 AM
How many are going from here??

im going, im trying to get some of the MIGTS group to go too but im not sure if many are interested, kwak said he might other than that i dont know, im going either way though so. . . lol,

:p

Alpinestarhero
22-03-07, 09:29 AM
I have to agree, but other Countries don't seem to want it - A round in the US would be great, I'm sure that Laguna Seca is not the only non oval circuit in the States.

I think there is Infinieon Raceway (sears point i think is also known as?). Can't think why the world dosnt want WSBK - maybe they dont think like us europeans.

Still, they are missing out on great racing!

Matt

fizzwheel
22-03-07, 09:44 AM
Theres talk of the road circuit that they run the US F1 Gp on, being modified for Motogp next year, maybe they would run a WSB round on that to.

Well Oiled
22-03-07, 09:48 PM
We've been doing some work with one of the main fuel suppliers to WSB and I've managed to get an invite from them, including a pit-pass for Ten Kate Honda (got one for Silverstone last year). So I'll get to go in the pits and meet JT and friends.:cool:

kwak zzr
22-03-07, 11:01 PM
lucky bu@@er. :)