PDA

View Full Version : New Jacket time

Caddy2000
05-02-07, 10:17 PM
I'm in need of a new jacket, as my ever faithful RST is coming towards the end of it's comfortable life. It's done me proud: 3 years and one 40mph t-bone and it still has life in it, it's just getting uncomfortable!!

So I'm now looking at leather jackets, and 3 have taken my eye.
The first is the IXON Fearless, which has got armour etc and a good write up. £250

The second is the one which name escapes me, but features in the latest TWO mag in the used section, again £250

And lastly Weise jackets as they have Knox armour - which I have heard of.

What am I after from a jacket?
Well, thermals, a good length (6'3") in the back, decent design - not just black, and a certain amount of waterproofness...

Is this too much to ask?
Any feedback would be gratefully received

Caddy

Caddy2000
07-02-07, 12:37 PM
:smt069 :smt090

Kate
07-02-07, 12:39 PM
awwwww

I've got Rukka stuff but its bit on the expensive side for most. Excellent gear though, 100% waterproof and warm with a thermal liner and has the best armour you can get for textiles. Not that interesting to look at though.

Richa stuff is pretty good too.

Caddy2000
07-02-07, 05:10 PM
Cheers for that Kate! Will have a look at their range!

Essex of Essex
08-02-07, 11:39 PM
Heine Gericke textiles (cruise?) good write up in the magazines comfortable, warm, armour, my only complaint is that the pullers on the zips on the sleeves are on the weak side.

Not cheap but so far they seem to be good value for the money.

Caddy2000
09-02-07, 03:39 PM
I'm going to look at some IXON stuff tomorrow and will decide then. Would really like to go for a leather jacket this time round. :-k

embee
09-02-07, 09:11 PM
Don't dismiss made to measure from Crowtree (http://www.crowtreeleathers.co.uk/frames.htm) or similar. Not much more expensive than off the peg, and you get top quality stuff.

Caddy2000
26-02-07, 10:10 PM
I'm picking up my IXON Fearless leather jacket tomorrow - Can't wait!!!!
Went into London today in my old trusty RST and felt slightly sad that it'll be my last ride in it (remember it's a U rated site please), but will be so glad when I get a jacket that doesn't hurt my elbows.