PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Annual Rideout?

Skip
06-02-07, 11:38 AM
I am still not sure if I will be able to - but I am working on it! Just wondered if anyone else was? :D

Ward8124
06-02-07, 03:21 PM
Errrmmm need to take a look at the details first as i might......only problem is that i will be on a R6 lol!

K
06-02-07, 04:34 PM
If I can make it it's going to be a last minute affair. Mainly due to not knowing if I can really afford it as I'll be off to the Nurburgring a couple of weeks later. :twisted:

Ward8124
06-02-07, 04:35 PM
If I can make it it's going to be a last minute affair. Mainly due to not knowing if I can really afford it as I'll be off to the Nurburgring a couple of weeks later. :twisted:

OOOooo u lucky and very brave git! Who are you going with?

K
06-02-07, 05:10 PM
I'm going on Rich's (Courdelion's) trip. HERE (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=50293)

I went last year and had a cracking time. REVIEW HERE (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=42352&highlight=nurburgring)

Skip
03-05-07, 08:55 AM
Thought I would resurrect this as its getting closer - my sister is now not getting married the same weekend so I may be able to have a weekend pass - but dont really fancy a 250 mile A-road trip completely on my own! Anyone up for it??

BigBaddad
03-05-07, 09:30 AM
Hi, could you post a link to the details:rolleyes: .

Skip
03-05-07, 09:33 AM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83425

trickywoos
03-05-07, 09:36 AM
Also, just to let you know, SV-Portal is having their AR in your area.......!! Starting at Swaffham.

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21078

Skip
31-05-07, 08:39 AM
Thought I would resurrect this as I am booked now and definitely going! Wont know anyone and I am not on an SV, so will fit right in I am sure! :rolleyes:

Anyone else going? I am hoping to meet the Soho lot where the A1 meets the A14...

2mths
31-05-07, 09:42 PM
Having done the "Coast & Roast" and Wales Weekend and planning to do Oxford meet shortly I might have enough confidence to think about the AR. But it's a feckin' long way, and I'd have to ring someone to book a camping space and stuff which puts me off (cos I'm a big scaredy cat). So hmm maybe.

Baph
01-06-07, 01:00 PM
Having done the "Coast & Roast" and Wales Weekend and planning to do Oxford meet shortly I might have enough confidence to think about the AR. But it's a feckin' long way, and I'd have to ring someone to book a camping space and stuff which puts me off (cos I'm a big scaredy cat). So hmm maybe.
Hey at least you'll know some people there ;)

Sorry for the intrusion, normal service will now resume. :oops:

Skip
01-06-07, 01:04 PM
Hey at least you'll know some people there ;)

Sorry for the intrusion, normal service will now resume. :oops:
Unlike me! Hey ho! :salut:

Ping
15-06-07, 09:59 AM
I've started getting used to using the phone to call people I don't know (estate agents, solicitors, utilities, blah blah blah...) so I'll do it for you if you give me the name you want your pitch booked under. :)

I'm hoping to catch the soho lot as they pass newport pagnall services (plan to be there about 9:30am) you're more than welcome to join me there.. :D

Edit: saying that, newport pagnall might be a bit south for you... :lol: could meet up with peeps further up if you want.

plowsie
15-06-07, 10:42 AM
Lol ring em mate i'm going with a pillion, its quite a laugh when you ring em because they guy i spoke to sounds like the gay guy in beverly hilss cop 1(surge lol):lol:

2mths
15-06-07, 10:42 AM
Ok so someone has neatly and kindly wiped out all my excuses for not going in one post.

Hmm...
Ok so I'd need to book a days holiday (hadn't really thought about that) but I have 19 of 25 left this year. No valid excuse there.
I have a meeting arranged on that day - bah it's the only meeting I've got booked this entire month it can be moved.
My bike doesn't work in the rain - Ok so I'd REALLY need to get that Fenda Extenda.
Tent - Parents have something old that'd prolly do.
Carrying stuff on bike - recently aquired tank bag, have rucksack, bungee the rest.
Navigation - I can find Newport services.

Hmm - I'm running out of viable excuses here.

No promises but I'll send an email off about that meeting and stick a holiday request in now...

Skip
15-06-07, 11:15 AM
Ok so someone has neatly and kindly wiped out all my excuses for not going in one post.

Hmm...
Ok so I'd need to book a days holiday (hadn't really thought about that) but I have 19 of 25 left this year. No valid excuse there.
I have a meeting arranged on that day - bah it's the only meeting I've got booked this entire month it can be moved.
My bike doesn't work in the rain - Ok so I'd REALLY need to get that Fenda Extenda.
Tent - Parents have something old that'd prolly do.
Carrying stuff on bike - recently aquired tank bag, have rucksack, bungee the rest.
Navigation - I can find Newport services.

Hmm - I'm running out of viable excuses here.

No promises but I'll send an email off about that meeting and stick a holiday request in now...
Be good if you could come mate - at least I would know someone! :D

plowsie
15-06-07, 11:24 AM
:smt056 There there skip we're all friends mate :thumbsup:

2mths
15-06-07, 11:27 AM
Two votes possibly three for me to attend - wow I'm almost feeling popular.

Holiday booked. Email sent to try and move meeting.

I guess I just need to check if I'm supposed to be anywhere already that weekend.

Pyramid are out of stock of the Fenda Extenda. I'm thinking possibly a roll of gaffa tape and some cut out sides of plastic milk cartons tucked under the seat for a DIY effort if needed.

plowsie
15-06-07, 11:34 AM
lol cant be as bad as my multi coloured boot antics i'm doing lol

Ping
15-06-07, 02:03 PM
Two votes possibly three for me to attend - wow I'm almost feeling popular.

Holiday booked. Email sent to try and move meeting.

I guess I just need to check if I'm supposed to be anywhere already that weekend.

Pyramid are out of stock of the Fenda Extenda. I'm thinking possibly a roll of gaffa tape and some cut out sides of plastic milk cartons tucked under the seat for a DIY effort if needed.

So are you booking your pitch or shall i? :D

K - get your butt in gear! :D

2mths
15-06-07, 02:21 PM
So are you booking your pitch or shall i? :D

If the offer is serious... can I give you an answer early next week?
I could do with double checking availablity over the weekend. And doing some thinking about tent, money, tyres, insurance. You have definately swung the needle from the -ve side to the +ve side on the scale of "Do I go or Not".

Ping
15-06-07, 02:35 PM
If the offer is serious... can I give you an answer early next week?
I could do with double checking availablity over the weekend. And doing some thinking about tent, money, tyres, insurance. You have definately swung the needle from the -ve side to the +ve side on the scale of "Do I go or Not".
Sure. :)

K
17-06-07, 08:55 PM
K - get your butt in gear! :D

It's not me, it's those pesky things I have called customers. :rolleyes: I just don't know one week to the next whether I'll be busy or not...

... which unfortunately also means I don't know whether I'll have money or not.

That and I've used up my quota of 'doing stuff in advance' with the North/South Run and the Nurburgring. :rolleyes: :p

Ping
20-06-07, 08:41 AM
It's not me, it's those pesky things I have called customers. :rolleyes: I just don't know one week to the next whether I'll be busy or not...

... which unfortunately also means I don't know whether I'll have money or not.

That and I've used up my quota of 'doing stuff in advance' with the North/South Run and the Nurburgring. :rolleyes: :p
Excuses excuses. :lol:

;)