PDA

View Full Version : Rizla Finish Testing

Jdubya
09-02-07, 06:23 PM
Shamelessly nicked from another forum

Rizla Suzuki's Cal Crutchlow and Chris Walker finished their first test of 2007 at Calafat in Spain in confident mood and not even the rain that stopped the action halfway through the final day could dampen their spirits.

Ideal weather conditions for the first day and a half of the test allowed Crutchlow to complete 105-laps of the twisty 3.5km circuit. He concentrated on finding a neutral base setting on day one before experimenting with new Dunlop tyres, Ohlins suspension and chassis settings on the second day, posting an impressive 1min 25.5secs fastest lap.

"It has been a very good test and I feel as though we are well underway for the season. The amount of testing I completed in the last day and a half is about the same as I did in total last season and there is plenty more to come," enthused Crutchlow, "After finding a neutral base setting we fine tuned the GSX-R. First of all we moved in the wrong direction but we quickly changed that and it all started to gel together. I feel that before the rain started to fall we had found a good package for the circuit. We certainly have plenty of information to work on and help us improve for the next test."

Stalker clocked 115-laps in total and used his Superbike experience to get through a lot of parts and setting tests for the team. His fastest lap of 1min 25.7secs came just as the rain started to fall.