PDA

View Full Version : Travelling and meeting up chat

rictus01
14-02-07, 03:06 PM
The other one seems to have vanished in the transition :smt095

So let's start again.

Where are you going from, anyone going my way, shall we meetup, you get the idea.

Cheers Mark.
No crapola please, I'll remove any posts that don't add to the thread.

Baph
14-02-07, 04:06 PM
This has disappeared?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83427

Luckypants
14-02-07, 05:10 PM
This has disappeared?
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83427
Does nt appear in my list of threads in this forum either, but the link works....

samarnelsk5
15-02-07, 04:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone minds an inexperienced rider coming alone to the annual ride? :)

rictus01
15-02-07, 04:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone minds an inexperienced rider coming alone to the annual ride? :)

The ride-out itself will be based on a conservative speed and distance, so feel free, I'm sure you'll be made more than welcome.

Cheers Mark.

freakin it
15-02-07, 11:42 PM

id be quite keen to join you all too! not that i know any of ya! so thatll be 2 noobs!;)
speaking of which, are us new folk (who dont know anyone) ok to camp with you guys?

you camping samarnelsk5?

Baph
16-02-07, 12:09 AM

id be quite keen to join you all too! not that i know any of ya! so thatll be 2 noobs!;)
speaking of which, are us new folk (who dont know anyone) ok to camp with you guys?

you camping samarnelsk5?

I haven't been on a group ride-out either. Think that's going to stop me? :eek:

However, I am comfortable being close to other traffic on the road (regardless of the number of wheels), which will probably help.

If things go the same way that they apparently did on the last ride out, no-one will have to worry about the route, as there was a marker system used. So it's just a matter of riding at a pace you're comfortable with, and being a little sensible about things (which we all are every day we're out on the bike, right? :p :smt104 )

carlos
16-02-07, 08:27 AM
Everyone was a group-riding virgin at some point. Its dead easy as long as you've got some common sense. I've been on a couple of .org rides and they've been great, a nice pace at times but always bearing in mind that there will inevitably be slower riders who prefer to go along at their own speed - hence the drop-off system which works really well so long as it is done properly.

Marshall
16-02-07, 07:43 PM

you camping samarnelsk5?

I'd only been a member for a couple of weeks before i went on last years AR, everybody was really friendly and welcoming. so the more the merrier

samarnelsk5
17-02-07, 09:03 PM
you camping samarnelsk5?[/quote]

Yes I will probably be camping! Depends on who is coming with me :)

Quiff Wichard
17-02-07, 10:32 PM
I'd only been a member for a couple of weeks before i went on last years AR, everybody was really friendly and welcoming. so the more the merrier

and how shy u were mr marshall..
wear somehting bright this year so we see ya !!

jamessunhill
08-05-07, 09:42 PM
Another newbie here:D

I'm booked for the campsite, all I need to do now is get something to carry my tent up with/in (any suggestions?)

Quiff Wichard
08-05-07, 09:47 PM
put it in a black bin bag and get a bungee net off e bay o a shop. about a ive- brilliant bit of kit

oh and some of that roll for 99p from wollies or DIY place- of rubber none slip stuff to stop scratching yer paintwork

Shellywoozle
09-05-07, 10:53 AM
Can I be dumb - when i this I would love to come but work silly shifts . . . . I would be a groupie virgin but this would certainly get me over the fear of group ride outs and get me out the riding solo thing.

jamessunhill
09-05-07, 06:14 PM
All the details are here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83425

Shellywoozle
10-05-07, 12:53 PM
I am gutted I am away sailing that date :( bugga

You lots will have to wait to experience the Woozle for another year :cool: :smt022

Girth
13-06-07, 07:24 PM
Hey guys

Room for another? I'll have to see if i can get time off but i may be able to come along.

Anyone going from the bolton area?

stewie
13-06-07, 07:40 PM
Hey guys

Room for another? I'll have to see if i can get time off but i may be able to come along.

Anyone going from the bolton area?

Hi, Theres a group of us meeting up at rivvy barn, have a look at the thread entitled 'baphs rideout route' in this section or check out timwilkys route in the pennine massive section