PDA

View Full Version : Stubby on my sv

husky03
15-02-07, 08:03 PM
Hello -here's the end result of a few hours work-I asked if anyone had a damaged race can for sale and ended up buying kwak's damaged scorpion- the stubby sounds great and I'm quite happy with the look-ended up not needing to use a hanger as the cans so light -no difference in the performance ,but happier with the look.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/callumhadd/bikestubby008.jpg

husky

socommk23
15-02-07, 08:25 PM
looks good

i got a colured titanium damaged can sitting around.

didnt see ya asking for one.....damn

Well Oiled
15-02-07, 08:32 PM
Looks nice, but even if it's a lot lighter I can see a fatigue failure of the exhaust pipe over a period of time when subjected to all the heat and vibration.

kwak zzr
15-02-07, 09:20 PM
the can looks good husky! you did a good job with that.

husky03
15-02-07, 09:33 PM
Cheers mate-well happy with it-think i'll need to see what i can do for a hanger taking into consideration well oiled's comment-time to get the welder out again.Think i'll be after another few cans in the future -more things to try!
husky

northwind
16-02-07, 11:52 AM
Wider photo is needed :) Looks really good, it's usually the can hanger that makes really short stubbies look out of proportion I reckon.

petevtwin650
16-02-07, 03:46 PM
I rode without a strap on my stubby for a short while, but got worried that it could fall off, being unrestrained, and cause somebody to have a serious accident. Did look better without though.

northwind
16-02-07, 05:01 PM
You could weld loops onto the can and pipework, and then use springs to retain the exhaust... Then the only risk is that it breaks in half, or the rivet holes oval and split, or the rivets break :)

rob13
16-02-07, 05:10 PM
Is that a standard chopped down or can you buy them like that now? Either way, mine is a standard scorp and that is loud - i dread to think how loud that is!

kwak zzr
16-02-07, 05:25 PM
its my old standard scorp chopped.

husky03
16-02-07, 07:58 PM
Hello-road tested the can today and I'm well pleased with it-fantastic sound-really deep sounding throaty roar ,was heading out towards ayrshire today and had a clear road so gave a twist of the wrist and can say that at a tad above the speed limit;) it was heaven-took it easy going through the wee villages and even when stopped outside police station cops walking by didn't bat an eyelid(just aswell-didn't have my card with me;) ).Don't think its as loud as my Art race can though!

husky:)