PDA

View Full Version : Gloves in yellow............

ASM-Forever
19-02-07, 05:36 PM
Now is it just me or do Alpinestars not make there gloves in yellow? In fact it seems they make them in every colour but yellow.

As i have a yellow bike(fastest colour etc) and leathers, my old red ones from my last bike dont match. I had been using my black ones but there was a drunken incident near a river and they arn't available to me anymore :p

So do Alpinestars make their gloves in yellow and if so where are they hiding? If not can anyone recommend some good spec gloves that are available in yellow. If i cant get yellow gloves i will get some in black...but i would prefer yellow ones:rolleyes:

Itching 2 go
20-02-07, 12:14 AM
they do, but not for motorcycles

http://www.alpinestars.com/store/productimages/regular/355106.jpg

hovis
20-02-07, 10:29 AM
they are bound to do yellow.....being the faster colour & all...............did you want summer or winter? as i know you can get moto-x gloves in yellow

ASM-Forever
20-02-07, 03:45 PM
Probably summer to be honest as i cant stand thick gloves. I like them nice and thin with a good bit of armour. If the weather is really bad i take the train :)

I am looking at a few different specs of Alpinestars.... GP Plus/Pro etc.

In case anyone else is after yellow gloves, i have emailed a fair few suppliers and general consensus seems to be that most manufacturers dont seem to make top spec gloves in yellow :( ...... probably something to do with how quick they would make your wrist on the throttle!

ASM-Forever
20-02-07, 03:52 PM
....Or if you are feeling extravagant:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110091453837&rd=1&rd=1

A long link to match the price :)

hovis
20-02-07, 03:53 PM
I PICKED UP A PAIR OF DIANESE in yellow cos i saw a half price label on them but they were £120 reduced from £240

ASM-Forever
22-02-07, 02:15 PM
It seems Dainese are one of the few brands that make them in yellow...as you said though pretty expensive!

I am pretty sure this is one of those things that will eat away at me if i buy gloves that arn't yellow so i may just have to "blow my wad" so to speak :)

Out of interest what type have got?

hovis
22-02-07, 02:50 PM
i got 3 pairs............. 2 winter 1 summer although i have only ever worn the summer ones (due to heated grips) thin black leather with knuckle protection £45 price tag........£11 from ebay, brand new in packet

i would get black gloves, as yellow will get dirty & you will look like a banana

hovis
22-02-07, 02:55 PM
i got 3 pairs............. 2 winter 1 summer although i have only ever worn the summer ones (due to heated grips) thin black leather with knuckle protection £45 price tag........£11 from ebay, brand new in packet

i would get black gloves, as yellow will get dirty & you will look like a banana

theres a few yellow & black gloves on ebay, but no alpinestars

Viper
22-02-07, 03:43 PM
http://www.buffalo.uk.com/flash3.html

i have these, very very warm nice and thin and YELLOW:cool: £30.00 bargain

ASM-Forever
22-02-07, 04:09 PM
I decided to go for black...i couldn't find a yellow pair that took my fancy.

Ordered the last pair of 2006 Alpinestars GT plus from a local shop for £40 inc P&P.

I can always divert the saved funds for more yellow bits on the bike :)

Once again cheers for the input hovis/viper.

ASM-Forever
23-02-07, 03:22 PM
Well they arrived today some 14 hours after i bought them so i am pretty pleased with that. I used them as a perfect excuse to go for a little blast around the local roads and first impressions seems good. Not the coldest day but for summer gloves seemed pretty snug.

As with all new gloves when i first put them on i couldn't decide if i loved or hated them but i've definitely come around. Major bonus is the "finger bridge" that holds the last 2 fingers together....really useful as i have a pinky that i broke a few years ago thats inclined to ignore my instructions.

I will endeavour to post a review when ive got some miles under them :)