PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP Qatar - Chat here, may contain spoilers

Alpinestarhero
04-03-07, 07:33 PM
MotoGp 2007 - The Return Of Rossi - Screens next week (march the 10th) with scene one from qatar. Expect fairing bashing, tyre-smoking, tank-slapping, and casey stoner to bin it.

Matt

fizzwheel
04-03-07, 07:41 PM
thread title amended, can we use this thread to chat about this so as to keep all the chat about this in one place.

I for one can't wait.

fizzwheel
06-03-07, 10:36 AM
Just had a quick look at the Eurosport website times are

Friday

125 Qualifying 10:15am
Motogp Qualifying 11:00am
250 Qualifying 12:15pm

Then what looks like a highlights show on at 20:00

Saturday

125 08:45am
250 10:00am
Moto Gp 11:15am

Hope thats useful, don't rely on me, best to double check for yourself

trickywoos
06-03-07, 01:02 PM
11.30am On beeb 2.,.....

Marshall
06-03-07, 02:22 PM
Bring It On!!!!!!

kwak zzr
06-03-07, 03:28 PM
rossi for the win.

Filipe M.
06-03-07, 04:18 PM
Euwwwww... Fiat Yamaha? Nooooooooooooo............... :shock:

fizzwheel
09-03-07, 09:07 AM
Edwards fastest in FP2, just waiting for Qualifying now. :cool:

Jdubya
09-03-07, 09:23 AM
Wher can I watch live timings online?

Jelster
09-03-07, 09:24 AM
MotoGP qualifying is on at 11:00, 125's are at 10:15.

STRAMASHER
09-03-07, 09:38 AM
You can watch live stuff on MotoGP official site , you need to pay a small fee for the season. My mate has used this service for years and says it is worth every penny. Adds to the excitement etc. You will need a PC with all the latest updates ie Flash and all dat,probably.

Sky+ it mesel.

'Mon the Rossi! **** on the midget! :monkey: :p

Jelster
09-03-07, 11:55 AM
Rossi
Stoner
Edwards
Elias
Pedrosa

Hayden 9th...

McWilliams 20th after dropping the Ilmor :(

tricky
09-03-07, 01:10 PM
So Valentino lops 2.3 seconds off the old lap record.

Why have we gone to 800cc again ?

Filipe M.
09-03-07, 02:25 PM
So Valentino lops 2.3 seconds off the old lap record.

Why have we gone to 800cc again ?

So that they can be faster around the bends!

Filipe M.
09-03-07, 02:27 PM
Elias
Pedrosa

Boy oh boy, someone won't be pleased at Repsol Honda...

Alpinestarhero
10-03-07, 11:07 AM
Hopkins right up there in warm up! Of course, its psychological - edwards and valentino i bet were sand-bagging this morning, not showing thier hand until the race.

You know, I think colin might just be in with a shout of the win....

But my money is on Vale, with casey second :cool:

BTW quick shout out for Brad Smith in 125's - got a poor start, but recovered to 12th. Scored points in the first race of the season, good on him! This time last year i was happy for him when he was getting 22nd and similar positions. He'll be up there come the second half of the season!

Matt

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 11:18 AM
But my money is on Vale, with casey crashing on the second lap :cool:

Here, I don't want you to lose money! :lol:

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 12:04 PM
:shock: F*ck me :shock:

What the f*ck did Ducati do to those engines?!

Ok, who was the smartarse who put the restrictor in Rossi's bike? :lol:

TSM
10-03-07, 12:18 PM
hees left the anchor overboard, hees just soooo slow down that straight, otherwise hees doing good.

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 12:21 PM
He's giving Pedrosa a braking lesson, but Stoner's p*ssing all over his bike in acceleration :shock:

edit:

312 km/h for Stoner, 300 km/h for Rossi over the line, with a lot more straight to go...

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 12:45 PM
My oh my, someone's gonna get a major bollocking at the Yamaha engine department...

btw... stuff that, Nicky! :lol:

TSM
10-03-07, 12:47 PM
Well rossi did a good job to stay so close to him, but someone is going to get a talking to and they are going to have many late nights trying to sort out the problem.

pencil shavings
10-03-07, 01:05 PM
The Ducati was faster last season as well though, dont forget that

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 01:31 PM
The Ducati was faster last season as well though, dont forget that

I know, but it never felt this much faster down the straights! :shock: Crashy was simply pulling away like if Rossi was on a damn pushbike! :shock:

pencil shavings
10-03-07, 01:38 PM
I know, but it never felt this much faster down the straights! :shock: Crashy was simply pulling away like if Rossi was on a damn pushbike! :shock:

yeah, i know what you meen. and other tracks alos have a longer back straight, could this be Duc dominance!!

Alpinestarhero
10-03-07, 03:33 PM
That duke is a rocket ship; you're all commenting about how yamaha will be putting in extra work to find power, but look how easily rossi could close in the corners! I think in jerez, the yamaha's will have an easier time.

Matt

Alpinestarhero
10-03-07, 03:40 PM
:shock: F*ck me :shock:

What the f*ck did Ducati do to those engines?!

Ok, who was the smartarse who put the restrictor in Rossi's bike? :lol:

Might have been me....

Jelster
10-03-07, 04:29 PM
Don't write too much into it. Quite simply, the Duke was faster, but it could well be set up that way, and the Yamaha could be set up for the twisty bits. And thare's only a couple of other circuits where that's really going to work.

It's only race 1, Rossi had a DNF this time last year so he's already 20 points better off.

Pedrosa did well too.

lukemillar
10-03-07, 04:32 PM
Don't write too much into it. Quite simply, the Duke was faster, but it could well be set up that way, and the Yamaha could be set up for the twisty bits. And thare's only a couple of other circuits where that's really going to work.

It's only race 1, Rossi had a DNF this time last year so he's already 20 points better off.

Pedrosa did well too.

Have to mention Hopper as well. Glad to see the Suzuki up the sharp end! :thumbsup:

The Basket
10-03-07, 04:33 PM
don't forget John Hopkins on the Suzuki. 4th was a wonderful result and stayed all the way with Pedrosa and his Honda. Good for the future.

Pedrosa
10-03-07, 04:35 PM
I so very dissapoint as my moto not feel ok all race. I am not able to push in corners and so Valerie getting past me all time. I not understanding why ducati fast so much like that?:confused: But am thinking Mr.Crashey he fall soon.

Mr.HRC not very happy, in fact he not smiley at all. He very angry and close doors to garage and line up all mechanics to whip butt with bamboo. Valerie very upsetted to hear this as he not able to join in with fun.;)

Sorry my big friend Nicky who cry again in motor home he not believe Mr.HRC give him such ****ty moto to defend champion. We not understanding how the Ducati men can build super fast moto in their little shed when HRC have biggest company in universe and not be competing? We all very sad.:cool:

But we all thinking many track take away Ducati very fastness and europe tracks make big very different story.

The Basket
10-03-07, 04:41 PM
Why isn't PH on here...Stoners victory and hidden nitro kit are worth a few smirks at least.

Supervox
10-03-07, 04:43 PM
MOTO GP

Ok - so we've had 1 race & the questions (as I see them) are :-

1. Does anyone think that NH is gonna mount a successful defence to his No.1 plate - or anything close to it ? :smt082

2. Will Ducati's obvious speed advantage be a factor through the whole of the season ?

3. Has DP lost his bottle ? He didn't appear to even try to contest VR in the braking section at the end of the straight.

4. What happened to CE - his weekend was looking really good until the race ?

5. Can CS continue to stay rubber-side-down at enough races to be a contender ?

6. Will someone PLEASE investigate the capacity of Ducati's engine & fuel tank !! ;)

7. Will peter Henry make a sudden return to these hallowed pages now that Ducati (if not DP) has put in good showing ?

All in all a very entertaining race - I have to say that I think that it's a bit too soon to start talking about a 'change to the natural order' as Toby & Julian did at the end of the race. After all, Losail is a track that CS likes & can ride well - he was on pole last year remember.

125cc

Can't believe that Bradley Smith or his team will be terribly happy with his 12th place - especially as his (rookie) team mate out qualified him & totally overshadowed him during the race.

250cc

Good start for Jorge Lorenzo - Brilliant start for Thomas Luthi - Alvaro Bautista - oooops !!

TSM
10-03-07, 04:46 PM
I so very dissapoint as my moto not feel ok all race. I am not able to push in corners and so Valerie getting past me all time. I not understanding why ducati fast so much like that?:confused: But am thinking Mr.Crashey he fall soon.

Mr.HRC not very happy, in fact he not smiley at all. He very angry and close doors to garage and line up all mechanics to whip butt with bamboo. Valerie very upsetted to hear this as he not able to join in with fun.;)

Sorry my big friend Nicky who cry again in motor home he not believe Mr.HRC give him such ****ty moto to defend champion. We not understanding how the Ducati men can build super fast moto in their little shed when HRC have biggest company in universe and not be competing? We all very sad.:cool:

But we all thinking many track take away Ducati very fastness and europe tracks make big very different story.

Hi PH thanks for dropping in

Pedrosa
10-03-07, 04:49 PM
It is I am pleasing to say that I come back in spirit of my hero.:cool:

Filipe M.
10-03-07, 07:08 PM
Quite a lesson in the art of braking you got there today, Mr. Rsole! :lol:

Pedrosa
10-03-07, 07:43 PM
Mr.Filipito....My hero Valeria when I a boy I dont like to beat,I feeling really bad when I do this. I think myself I let him go past today because season long very many races. You see Jerez last year no? When I baby rookie? I come second on that big bad 990 moto. Mr.HRC say moto be very good Jerez as bike not work very nicely well on saturdays.

Valeria him already know me the boy to watch when we go to Jerez. My big fan Peter Henry I know be in tribuna W3 when I practice my starting I give him very big wavey cos he very nice man, ( he a little too touch and feely though at times and this make me worry a little):cool: .

weazelz
10-03-07, 08:36 PM
hmm .. I wonder whether we'll be seeing some ducati-sized fairing on some other bikes at the next race

good result for CV I though

kwak zzr
10-03-07, 08:40 PM
good moto! whats valo going to do about that ducati rocket ship?

zunkus
10-03-07, 09:30 PM
Did you guys notice the throttle and braking meters of vale agains stoner's?
Vale's throttle seems to flactuate when fully open. I'm guessing Yamaha engineers were worried that their fuel wouldn't last so they played a bit with their new toy, partial drive by wire. I've been reading about their bikes being suspected of having two cylinders being controlled by computer whilst the other two under complete control by the rider. Ducati's throttle did not flactuate at all and even seemed more responsive. They seemed unworried about fuel problems. My prediction is that next race won't have the Dukes dominating like this. Yamaha have done a mistake but it won't be repeated.

Biker Biggles
10-03-07, 10:09 PM
Dunno so much about CV,but it was a stonker of a race for Hopper,especially considering his injury.As for CS and VR,well Rossi was the only rider who could stay with Stoner today,and it was clear he could not outdrag him to the line so he could not win the race.I doubt if those conditions will be repeated at many other circuits,so VR should not be too worried.

PeterM
11-03-07, 03:45 AM
Great start to the season. Surprising to see so many people come off too. Was an interesting comment by Vale in the conference afterwards that he had to 'back off' in the last couple of laps because he couldn't keep up with Casey. Fastest lap on the last lap? Sounds like Bridegestone have done something spesh in the off season. Good showing by the Suzukis too, seemed to handle corners better than the Hondas with not quite as much power.

Plenty of Honda riders complaining about lack of front end feel, be interesting to see what happens with that as the year progresses. On the comparo b/w CS & VR's accel & braking, thought it was interesting to see how little brake VR was using for the back section of the track. Perhaps the lack of hp making the M1 much like an SV in the twisties, roll on roll off the throttle with a little brake for a more constant speed?

Cloggsy
11-03-07, 08:17 PM
I just couldn't believe the speed of the Ducati's...

They went by the other bikes as though they were stood still!

Pedrosa
12-03-07, 02:28 PM
I am speaking with that nice Mr.Capirex after race on saturday. He shaking his head plenty lots.He cant believe mechanics make big mistake and put his number on bike that would be crash. He tell me Nš27 was put on his bike and see what Casey go and doing?:)

Jdubya
12-03-07, 03:47 PM
Pedrosa,
Next race, why dont you take stoner out the same way took nicky out last season...that might slow hime down a bit:D :D :D :D :dwarf:

Jelster
12-03-07, 04:39 PM
Pedrosa,
Next race, why dont you take stoner out the same way took nicky out last season...that might slow hime down a bit:D :D :D :D :dwarf:

He's got to catch him first :D

SVeeedy Gonzales
13-03-07, 01:13 PM
He's got to catch him first :D

He'll be able to do that soon enough - just wait for him to lose the front end as soon as he gets on a track with proper turns...

PeterM
14-03-07, 08:44 AM
No, apparently Ducati have managed to engineer their bikes with some front end feel, Honda is still working on that.

Pedrosa
14-03-07, 09:41 AM
Me thinking that Casey have soon other things on him mind. He just married and maybe soon be thinking of baby and things. He soon be making baby clothes from wool when sat in motorhome.This make him not so very faster.

Mr.HRC say plan working nice, making people think Honda no very good and fast.But Honda like Jerez and me thinking we show much we go faster there.:cool:

Jdubya
14-03-07, 10:19 AM
Methinks mr HRC make big mistake in trying to bluff the first few races...mr HRC be crying rivers when ducati win championship by 1 point at end of season!

Pedrosa
14-03-07, 02:12 PM
Maybee you right Mr.Jdubya I not knowing. But I thinking Valerie not be able to go very very fast for rest of season now he ride Fiat Uno Yamaha?

He make big problems at Qatar as he very worry how he look in new leathers and keep asking people if bottom look too big in diz?:cool:

SVeeedy Gonzales
15-03-07, 12:46 PM
It would be a big problem for the other MotoGP riders is Rossi's backside did look big in his new leathers - they're stuck behind him for most of the race sp would find it hard to see what's coming up.

Maybe that's why Stoner got such a good slipstream on Rossi down the straights and why Rossi didn't do so well at higher speeds? All that extra width messing up his aerodynamics...