PDA

View Full Version : Rider to Pillion intercoms.

creamerybutter
06-03-07, 01:01 PM
I was considering one of these now summer is rolling round and the misses will join me on the bike more. I was just wondering if anyone has one and which one they would recommend.

Cheers

Rich.

Carsick
06-03-07, 01:22 PM
Is it weird that I read the thread title as "Rider to Pillion intercourse"?

creamerybutter
06-03-07, 02:10 PM
Yes....yes it is. You must have a filthy mind. :p

mattSV
06-03-07, 06:27 PM
I have got an Autocom - good enough to still hear music and pillion at 130 - will that do? :-D

richard_1069
06-03-07, 07:01 PM
Lidl have them on sale for £5.00 from this Thursday (8th) same ones were going for £30.00 on ebay, not sure what they like but worth looking at.

mattSV
06-03-07, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't bother with the cheap ones.

I tried one before I bought the Autocom, and found having an earpiece stuck in your ear under a lid very uncomfortable. Also, you could not hear a thing over 40 mph.

creamerybutter
06-03-07, 08:42 PM
Lidl have them on sale for £5.00 from this Thursday (8th) same ones were going for £30.00 on ebay, not sure what they like but worth looking at.

I bought one of them last time they were on offer.....pile o ****e.

Matt is there anything you don't like about it?

richard_1069
06-03-07, 10:24 PM

I'll leave them well alone;)

mattSV
07-03-07, 08:13 AM

Nope - once you have got the mikes set up properly (i.e. you know exactly where to position it to activate it) they are great.

I usually plug my ipod in, still wear ear plugs and can still hear the pillion fine - the music volume automatically dips when you speak

John 675
10-03-07, 10:23 AM
this is on the understanding that you actually want her talking in your ear all the way to matlock lol, :mrgreen:

Grinch
10-03-07, 10:29 AM
You could try a 'Backchat (http://www.backchat-vixen.com/index.php?section=2)', it requires no power... 50quid though, but it does come with a range of extras so you can plug in mp3 players and stuff. I've got the Vixen, bike to bike kit and its just great, tad more expensive though.
The main advantage is that its real easy to transfer from helmet to helmet.

Essex of Essex
10-03-07, 02:08 PM
Another vote for the autocom, I run with the ipod and GPS and can put the telephone and a bike to bike radio into the system. Headset fits well into the helmets Shoei 1x Syncrotech 1x multitech without discomfort.

Jelster
10-03-07, 04:47 PM
I have an Autocom, and it's a terrific bit of kit. 2 up at 3 figures is fine, and my group of mates have them too, mostly with 5watt radios, and it makes touring really easy.

Would thoroughly recommend it, although they ain't cheap...