PDA

View Full Version : Things don't look good for Ilmor....

Jelster
15-03-07, 12:54 PM
http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=6&id=144548

I feel sorry for Pitt really, most improved WSB rider and it looks like he could be without a ride altogether.. :silent:

Scoobs
15-03-07, 01:17 PM
Shame.

fizzwheel
15-03-07, 01:33 PM
That is a shame for Pitt, he's got right royaly landed in the sh*t.

Pedrosa
15-03-07, 01:54 PM
This big pity for sure. Me think if MR.KR have big problem find sponsor, Ilmor got lots of trouble,no?

Another big pity is my promise to that nice Peter Henry now have to change. I make him promise I lap Ilmor in front of where he sit in Tribuna W3 at Jerez. Now must think of different something as I know he now be very upsetting.:cool:

Alpinestarhero
15-03-07, 08:27 PM
Pitt should have tried to get a ride in WSBK. I think Yamaha made a big mistake letting him go - IMO he was the most inproved rider last year and I think that if he had stayed in WSBK, he would be a serious contender for the championship

Matt

Jelster
15-03-07, 11:17 PM
IMO he was the most inproved rider last year and I think that if he had stayed in WSBK, he would be a serious contender for the championship

Yamaha had a problem, Suzuki let Corser go and they felt they had to pick him up before anyone else did. Pitt was junior to Haga - Japanese rider on a Jap bike, and he is a legend. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...

As for being a championship contender, he's good, but not that good (or experienced). When Toseland won it in '04 he managed it becasue there wasn't really anyone else good enough. Which meant he got it without the experience. Pitt could be a champion, but not yet (especially without a bike :rolleyes: )

Alpinestarhero
16-03-07, 08:19 AM
Na, I don't agree - last year he came to maturity. He was consistent, fast and managed to start getting wins. Ok, maybe not a serious contender - but a serious outside bet / dark horse. I for one hope he finds his way back to WSBK - he's far too good to be bringing up the rear of the MotoGP pack.

Matt

kwak zzr
16-03-07, 12:53 PM
corser is a better rider than pitt and he has experience of setting up machines.

Jelster
16-03-07, 01:42 PM
Na, I don't agree - last year he came to maturity. He was consistent, fast and managed to start getting wins. Ok, maybe not a serious contender - but a serious outside bet / dark horse. I for one hope he finds his way back to WSBK - he's far too good to be bringing up the rear of the MotoGP pack.

Matt

I didn't say he was poor, just not better than a number of others. He's good, but not in the same league as JT, Bayliss, Corser, Haga, and Biaggi. To have a chance of winning it, he's got to do better than those riders across the course of a season.

That's why I said he was just in the wrong team at the wrong time. I reckon he would have been a good team mate for JT, but Ten Kate had already signed Rolfo.

weazelz
16-03-07, 07:16 PM
corser is a better rider than pitt and he has experience of setting up machines.

yamaha will be hoping then that he does as good a job setting up the r1 as he did with the gsx-r last year then ... oh no .. hang on ..

PeterM
16-03-07, 10:00 PM
Always found it a bit wierd that Pitt wasn't picked up by another SBK team. The guy finished the championship 5th last year. He is bloody consistent, think back to his SS series win, not a single race win but he maintained results at the pointy end all season.

That's twice now he's been given the **** end of the stick with a slow ass MotoGp bike. Funny how the Kwaka improved after they included the things that Gaz & Pitty were griping about in the first iteration of the Kwaka. Shame they weren't there any longer to enjoy it.

kwak zzr
16-03-07, 11:49 PM
yamaha will be hoping then that he does as good a job setting up the r1 as he did with the gsx-r last year then ... oh no .. hang on ..

he will consistently score higher than Pitt was. these teams that pay the wages know whos good and who aint.

SV650Racer
17-03-07, 09:29 AM
was with Jezza out in spain when he got the news...so so disapointing for him. The team has tons of potential and also the best riders for development that there is.

I just hope the rescue meetings they are having go well and the Ilmor can get its rightful place back on the grid.

The Basket
17-03-07, 10:56 AM
Don't know why Ilmor didn't have this all planned out months ago.

SV650Racer
17-03-07, 11:23 AM
trouble is you cant plan that sponsors will pull money and that engines will fail. Unfortunatly running a motogp team isnt that clear cut..wish it was!.