PDA

View Full Version : rotor puller

svryanpompy
15-03-07, 04:26 PM
im after a rotor puller the part number 09930-304450 if any one got one for sale thank you

=P~

Sudoxe
15-03-07, 07:08 PM
I've got one. Pay postage/return postage and you can borrow it.

Pm me if you want it.

Dan

CB1ROCKET
15-03-07, 08:44 PM
whats that for?

svrash
15-03-07, 11:48 PM
whats that for?
Taking the fly wheel/rotor/generator off to fit the ignition advancing woodruff key

CB1ROCKET
15-03-07, 11:51 PM
oh thanks, does that only apply to the curvys for this ignition advancer?? since the pointy are fuel injected

svrash
15-03-07, 11:54 PM
oh thanks, does that only apply to the curvys for this ignition advancer?? since the pointy are fuel injected
Err.....:-s.......lovely weather :-dd

CB1ROCKET
15-03-07, 11:55 PM
lol

northwind
16-03-07, 12:00 AM

Nah, the pointy's ignition system is on the same principles, so you'd advance or retard the ignition in the same way. Apparently you get better results with pointies too.

svrash
16-03-07, 12:03 AM
Nah, the pointy's ignition system is on the same principles, so you'd advance or retard the ignition in the same way. Apparently you get better results with pointies too.
Thats what i thought :D :-dd

CB1ROCKET
16-03-07, 12:06 AM
I saw something about just modifying the electrics to take out the retard igntion so it stays advanced? :-?

northwind
16-03-07, 12:18 AM
Different things... The TRE mod removes an artificial, and slight, retard in some gears and, I think, at some revs. The curvy has much the same thing. But this is a much bigger change. They do affect the same thing, ignition timing, but in different ways.

It's sort of like making a bike faster... The advancer is the equivalent of tuning the bike. The TRE mod is the equivalent of releasing the brakes :)

CB1ROCKET
16-03-07, 12:20 AM
Cheers for the info, is there much more gain in the power? And how much is the new woodruff key?

northwind
16-03-07, 12:34 AM
Well... There are differences of opinion :) JHS Racing has a dyno chart which shows a huge power boost, but I reckon it's open to interpretation as the comparison curve used for that one is pretty feeble- I reckon most of the "gain" is actually just that it's a better run.

Still, the difference down low's noticable. Most noticable for me if I ride a stock SV, as I stall it every time I pull away for the first 5 minutes :) Mine'll pull decently from low 2000s, and I like to use that end of the revs as I'm so used to it. It seems stronger in the low mids as well, but that's really easy to misinterpret. My dyno runs were inconclusive.

Others, like TWF on SV Rider (who, no messing, you should always listen to, though you might occasionally disgree) say that the benefits are trivial to nonexistant. He's a race builder so he obviously couldn't give a rat's ass if it's stronger at 3000rpm, though :cool: But he's very clear that after numberous dyno runs there was no power to be found anywhere in the upper half of the revs, and that totally ties in with my own experience.

Apparently they cost power with tuned engines. So I suppose I should sell you mine :smt040

northwind
16-03-07, 12:38 AM
Actually, joking apart, that's a good idea. If you get a rotor puller for me, you can have my advancer key once I get it out of the engine, and in return send me the puller back once you're done. Mine went walkabout when I loaned it out to someone who vanished off the face of the internet.

Hmm, that's confusing.
1) You get puller
2) Send me puller
3) I use puller to remove key
4) I send you puller and key
5) You fit key
6) You send me puller

:smt101

CB1ROCKET
16-03-07, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info Northy, its seem from what you said that the whole power improvement is just in the low end. Really this can be over come by slipping the clutch more and letting it bite in full when it hits the powerband....

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think it can be done

Sudoxe
16-03-07, 02:54 PM
Northy - You could always borrow my puller. I dont even own an SV anymore!

Dan

northwind
17-03-07, 12:55 AM
I'll need one if I ever rebuild my spare motor as well, so I figure on getting one of my own sooner or later, but thanks :) Unless you want to sell me yours of course :)

svryanpompy
17-03-07, 07:48 AM
will do once i used it

i let u know