PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Alpinestars GT plus

ASM-Forever
16-03-07, 12:06 PM
I thought i may as well do a little review as i have used them for a bit and i have to say they are not for me.

Initially the "finger bridge" which holds last 2 fingers together seemed good but as time wore on i found it an annoyance. As we all know new gloves need to be "broken in" but after using for a while i still dont find them that comfortable!

I also have a mate who has got the exact same pair and he is not a big fan either. In my opinion the various bits of protection are laid out in a way to make all the everyday actions less comfortable, than they should be, in a decent pair of gloves.

Therefore on that basis i would not recommend them....the hunt continues for my "dream gloves" :cool:

fizzwheel
16-03-07, 12:18 PM
Initially the "finger bridge" which holds last 2 fingers together seemed good but as time wore on i found it an annoyance.

I'd agree with that. I've had two pairs of Alpinestars summer race gloves with the pinky and third fingers joined together. I just carefully cut the joining piece of leather to seperate them again as I like to use 3 fingers on the front brake lever as that feels more comfy for me.

I had a pair of GP Plus and now I've got a pair of GP Pro, once I chopped em, they were and are really comfy.

klohiq
27-05-07, 07:37 PM
I've got a pair of GP plus and I find relatively comfortable....wish I got XXL because the middle finger isn't quite long enough...

I don't mind the finger bridge as I usually use 2 fingers...I don't ride hard enough I guess

Alpinestarhero
29-05-07, 06:50 PM
I didnt buy alpinestars gloves because of the bridged finger thing

Try spidi ones, I got a good pair (though I dont know the name of them) and they are very very comfortable; and vented, too! Which is great on a hot day

Matt

Radu
16-06-07, 06:23 AM
I have a friend who crashed wearing a pair of GP Plus gloves. And yes, he cut off the finger bridge. During the 120+ KM/H incident, the only injury he sustaind was a dislocated/broken pinky. Boy, did he felt stupid :D

It's a fact: the finger bridge is there to protect you, so don't cut it off! Believe it or ot, Alpinestars R&D pumpped a lot of bucks into that little piece of leather. Tests & more tests. Quite francly, the patented finger bridge is one of the reasons i chose Alpinestars over other brands. I now own a pair of GP Tech Gloves (yes, for street riding), and although the bridge felt a little wierd during the first rides, it doesn't bother me at all now and I can say I don't go anywhere without those gloves. ;)

MiniMatt
16-06-07, 09:54 AM
Wondered if that might be the reason. Makes sense that the outside finger is pretty vulnerable and tying it might be beneficial. Got GT Pros myself and don't mind it, I'm either using two fingers or four. That said, if three fingers are what works for you I guess you're arguably safer cutting the bridge and using three rather than not cutting it and losing braking effectiveness.