mister c
20-03-07, 02:43 PM
Yup, will be up for this one :)
See if Stoner can make it a double.

Alpinestarhero
22-03-07, 09:31 AM
I'm putting some faith into hopkins to get on the podium at last

And for Dani to win. Vale will run him to the line

And hayden will be nowhere again (actually, i hope to be proved wrong there).

Casey might win, but I dont think jerez is a track suited to the lesser-nimble ducati?

As ever, its an open horse race. We wont know until race day who's in with a shout (unlike a certain analogous four-wheeled racing championship, where the winner is decided pre-race in qualifying)

Matt

Pedrosa
23-03-07, 08:25 AM
I am pleased very much to be back at jerez. many people they saying if I can ride big bad 990 moto to second place in first ever Moto GP race then maybe perhaps a win this weekend? I not too sure.

Valerie has had many wins at Jerez, but 2005 bang in to Sete and last year fall off at first curve when saying hello to Toni Elias. This year? Hmm I am thinking he be win but I trying very hard to battle. I thinking two Ducati be very strong at Jerez also, and Mr.Capirex must be wanting to show better than in Qatar.

I knowing that nice man Peter Henry going to be there cheer me so I must be riding very nicely fast. I hoping you all enjoy and cheer me lots.:cool:

Filipe M.
23-03-07, 11:14 AM
I hoping you all enjoy and cheer me lots.:cool:

Boooooooooooooooooooo. :smt075

Is this enough? :lol:

Biker Biggles
23-03-07, 11:16 AM
PH----Enjoy your weekend.

Cough cough choke :mad:

fizzwheel
23-03-07, 11:31 AM
I just looked up the tiems after FP1... holy cow Roberts fastest :shock:

Filipe M.
23-03-07, 11:32 AM

The other guys still must be sleeping. :lol:

fizzwheel
23-03-07, 11:34 AM
The other guys still must be sleeping. :lol:

:D

Pedrosa
23-03-07, 01:07 PM

Mr.Fizz...Dont be a worry. We not show all just yet. HRC be very strong this weekend.;)

fizzwheel
23-03-07, 01:27 PM
Mr.Fizz...Dont be a worry. We not show all just yet. HRC be very strong this weekend.;)

Ah your playing a little hustle, maybe you have your HRC Poker face on ?

fizzwheel
23-03-07, 02:32 PM
Free Practice two times, if you want them, ( you'll need adobe acrobat reader to open this )

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/527/527744.pdf

Filipe M.
23-03-07, 02:59 PM
Ahem, that's more like it. Even with Checa on top of the listings. I'm still stumped at Capirex's performance (or lack of it), but it's nice to see Hayden is back to his normal spot! :lol:

Jdubya
23-03-07, 03:51 PM
Free Practice two times, if you want them, ( you'll need adobe acrobat reader to open this )

http://images.motogp.com/multimedia2/527/527744.pdf

Yep, watched that hour... still nowhere near the test times though...they're about a second off of the test times and about 2 seconds off valeries' time set at the official test, but then he was on qualifying tyres and they are trying to not use too much of their rubber on the first day of qualifying!:D

fizzwheel
23-03-07, 04:08 PM
Looks like its repeated on Eurosport tonight at 18:00 whooh just time for me to get home before it starts :cool:

Filipe M.
23-03-07, 04:09 PM
Looks like its repeated on Eurosport tonight at 18:00 whooh just time for me to get home before it starts :cool:

Stream it here, will you? :roll:

Alpinestarhero
23-03-07, 04:43 PM
Whats this?! Careless Chucker fastest?

Toni Elias going well so early in a race weekend?

Great to see KR back up there

Matt

The Basket
24-03-07, 02:22 PM
Barros and Checa doing well. Life in the old zombie yet.

My cash is on Elias for that outside bet.

Fizzy Fish
25-03-07, 06:20 PM
The main GP race today was a bit disappointing given how close things were looking in qualifying. still, it was good to see so many different riders showing a lot of promise. oh and pedrosa didn't win either! :D

250cc race however made for superb viewing :D :D

The Basket
25-03-07, 06:55 PM
good go by Hopper but just as he pushes it goes wrong. A shame. If he stayed on, then he could have got a podium.

lukemillar
25-03-07, 07:58 PM
So, anyone else tape the race but forget to change the sodding clock on the video??? Anything exciting happen in the first 15 laps?

weazelz
25-03-07, 08:02 PM
So, anyone else tape the race but forget to change the sodding clock on the video??? Anything exciting happen in the first 15 laps?
at least you presumably got to see the last (x-15) laps without knowing the result :-(

amarko5
25-03-07, 11:16 PM
Wasn't the 250's a cracking race ;)

and Vale is back in his stride again :takeabow: what happened to the ducati's :smt103

could be a good season especially the 250's :)

The Basket
26-03-07, 01:13 AM
what happened to the ducati's :smt103

The Duke obviously is about the horsey power and so becomes second when full power isn't a plan.

What in all that is holy has happened to Capirossi? I would have bet the farm on a good show from the 250 champ on a 250ish bike. Something has gone wrong huge style there.

Sharka Zulu
26-03-07, 08:00 AM
Rossi is back, which was great to see.

BUT THAT 250 RACE!!!!! WOW
that was good sunday viewing

Supervox
26-03-07, 08:31 AM

Really ?

Your bike may be 'strong' - just a pity that you haven't yet developed a set of b*lls big enough to take it to Vale - he breezed past you & you never even came close to actually challenging him for the lead :p

At least you were on the same part of the racetrack though - even I was amazed at the stunning non-performance of your teamate - I reckon at this rate he could very well go down in the history books as the first World Champion to be dropped / replaced / fired during their first defence of the title !!

Pedrosa
26-03-07, 09:05 AM
Mr.Supervox...I feeling bad already without your hard words.:( I know I dissapoint Peter Henry when I not win race. I having to say that Mr.Rossi show me big lesson by force pace from start,I just not able to get close enough. But I see your big favourite Mr.Tornado ride very strong yesterday.

Mr.HRC told me keep big secret from Nicky that in Qualify and race I am using bike frame very close to that of my 250 bike.(You not tell Nicky?) People now saying I obviously favourite of Mr.HRC but I dont know.

I was wishing to be back in 250 class.They make 40 overtakes between leading 3 riders. Impresionante hey?

I very sad see nice Mr. Locatelli have very nasty fall, it very like my crash in Australia when I smash both ankles. Mr.Locatelli have nasty break to ankle also when foot slip off foot rest.

Ducati me thinking having big problems and I still thinking problem Nš1 lie with Bridgestone.

Jelster
26-03-07, 09:21 AM
It's interesting to see that, other than Rossi & Edwards, most teams are not performing well together (OK, the 2 other Yams came in together at the end....)

The difference between Hayden & Pedrosa and Capirossi & Stoner for instance is quite noticeable. Maybe it's going to take a few races before we get a true idea of how competitive the teams will be. If you look at Hayden for instance, he has always ridden the 990 sideways into the corners etc, and it's just not the same on these bikes.

The guys doing well are, in the most part, those with smaller bike experience, other than Edwards who last year was working on his riding style. I also think it's down to the experience of setting bikes up, Pedrosa has learned a lot about this from HRC. Maybe some of the other riders need to have that technical capability and be able to communicate the problems to their pit crews better.

For all the mud that gets thrown at him, Hayden is not a poor rider, if he was he wouldn't be World Champion. I think he'll get it eventually, but by that time it could well be far too late, I can't see Rossi having two seasons in a row with loads of bad luck.

Oh yeah, and I have to say good effort to Bradley Smith, I was looking forward to seeing him do well. Looks like we may have a new hero in the making there (even if he does only look about 12 years old!!).

PeterM
26-03-07, 10:58 AM
Great 250 race! I found it interesting that the 2nd 1/2 of the race saw quite a few riders come on strong and make up places, mainly Bridgestone riders interestingly. Casey went from 9th to 5th and CV from 14th to 9th. Similar things happened with others too.

SVeeedy Gonzales
26-03-07, 11:11 AM
Shame about Hopkins. That's twice that Dani has had to back off from Vale now; misjudging the corner and catching the rear tyre on the dirt reminded me of a similar mistake last year, when he took out Hayden. Seems to be a bad a habit when he's under pressure.
Stoner's bike was bucking pretty badly at the end, front wheel wobbling out of the turns. He's an aggressive rider on a handful of a bike. I expected him to fall off, and he will if he keeps riding the Ducati like that on twisty circuits. What can you say about Vale - first lap he takes the lead and then drifts off, making it look so easy.

long wait until the next one now - 4 weeks...

Filipe M.
26-03-07, 11:23 AM
For all the mud that gets thrown at him, Hayden is not a poor rider, if he was he wouldn't be World Champion. I think he'll get it eventually, but by that time it could well be far too late,

Everytime I see him ride I think "point and shoot". His riding style was more appropriate to the big bikes, throwing the bike sideways into the corner, losing speed in the process, then charge out big style again relying almost exclusively on horse power. If the 800cc need all the finesse and corner speed everyone is talking about, I can't see him doing well in the next few races... if at all. Maybe a move to SBK is in order, no? :scratch:

fizzwheel
26-03-07, 12:13 PM
The guys doing well are, in the most part, those with smaller bike experience

Edwards was I think AMA 250 champion so he does have a fair bit of smaller bike experience.

Jelster
26-03-07, 12:48 PM
Edwards was I think AMA 250 champion so he does have a fair bit of smaller bike experience.

I think you're right there Fizz, but he did say last season that he had to get back into a "GP" rather than "Superbike" style of riding, which he seems to have achieved.

fizzwheel
26-03-07, 01:26 PM
I think you're right there Fizz, but he did say last season that he had to get back into a "GP" rather than "Superbike" style of riding, which he seems to have achieved.

He had that distinctive over the front style, because it he needed to get all his weight over the front of the SP2, otherwise it was hard to steer. Then it became a habbit.

Filipe M.
26-03-07, 01:32 PM
He had that distinctive over the front style, because it he needed to get all his weight over the front of the SP2, otherwise it was hard to steer. Then he became a hobbit.

I thought we were talking about Colin? :-k

Jdubya
26-03-07, 01:37 PM
It was a good race but I did think that it was a bit processional at the front though...Good to see Rossi on the podium again but it wasn't a very competitive win IMHO:cool:

Pedrosa
27-03-07, 01:51 PM
I not be too unhappy at finishing 2nd now twice in Moto Gp at Jerez. This not my best circuit for results. I only won once in 250 and other best finish was 4th two times. Lots of race to go and I think me and Mr. Rossi will be on podium many times.:cool:

Filipe M.
27-03-07, 01:56 PM
Any chance of watching you looking at him at eye-level? Your neck must be a bit strained already (unless you enjoy looking at his hips...) :lol:

Alpinestarhero
27-03-07, 05:41 PM
Everytime I see him ride I think "point and shoot". His riding style was more appropriate to the big bikes, throwing the bike sideways into the corner, losing speed in the process, then charge out big style again relying almost exclusively on horse power. If the 800cc need all the finesse and corner speed everyone is talking about, I can't see him doing well in the next few races... if at all. Maybe a move to SBK is in order, no? :scratch:

He iis a big bloke, he looks like he should be playing american football or something. I think he needs to stop hauling the bike around like a superbike and try and work on that corner speed. Easier said than done though, eh?

Maybe follwing dani around a bit, copying his braking points, turning-in points etc would help.

He needs something soon, otherwise he'll go the way of kenny roberts jnr

Matt

Pedrosa
29-03-07, 11:59 AM
I thinking my big friend Nicky get very bad press from many peoples. Many American people very hard on him also. Nicky is top rider for sure and biggest fault he have is no experience at top level of 250cc racing. It very different to carry much higher speed in to turns, not something one can do right away. Nicky be ok in few race time.

Even Mr.Tornado did some 250 racing when young man and you will be see this season that people like Mr.Rossi, Marco,Toni, Casey,Mr.Capirex and maybe me will do ok.

I not saying this but......at moment HRC bike has number of problems and this not making Nicky job easier.

Mr.Capirex been a little distract last few weeks, he been a worry as his wife expect there Nš1 baby any day now. His bike I thinking be very strong once Riccardo arriving.

The Basket
29-03-07, 12:14 PM
Hopper rules! The guy and his Suzuki are on the button.

He slagged off Pedrosa for being boring! and no fun! See that on BBC?

Podiums for sure

Pedrosa
29-03-07, 01:00 PM
Hopper rules! The guy and his Suzuki are on the button.

He slagged off Pedrosa for being boring! and no fun! See that on BBC?

Podiums for sure

Mr.Space Hopper a real funny guy no? Me be boring and no fun see me get "best" ride in Moto GP and already win races. I then have fun with champagne with Mr.Rossi, that fun.

He nice happy guy who not do very much in almost 4 year now in Moto GP?(But I must be say, his girlfriend making me have rudey thoughts many times!)

Sharka Zulu
29-03-07, 02:21 PM
Thats Cr*p....
You saying Hopper hasnt done well coz he is always joking around??

Rossi has been playing the fool for years and is the best rider out there

weazelz
29-03-07, 04:37 PM
pop quiz time:

1. which member of the Suzuki team has more pole positions in motogp?

2. which member of the Suzuki team has more podiums in motogp?

Pedrosa
29-03-07, 04:44 PM
Thats Cr*p....
You saying Hopper hasnt done well coz he is always joking around??

Rossi has been playing the fool for years and is the best rider out there

I am thinking there is a point you are wishing to make? Rossi and Hoppers mentioned in the same breath? This is humour no? I thinking maybe you have big poster of Mr.Hopper on your bedroom wall? Maybe take a look at Mr.Hopper career in comparison with that of little spanish boy?

Mr.Weazelz...You wicked,wicked man!

21QUEST
29-03-07, 10:44 PM
I am thinking there is a point you are wishing to make? Rossi and Hoppers mentioned in the same breath? This is humour no? I thinking maybe you have big poster of Mr.Hopper on your bedroom wall? Maybe take a look at Mr.Hopper career in comparison with that of little spanish boy?

Mr.Weazelz...You wicked,wicked man!

:smt046
Woah...!!! Pedro got some sPunk today :o :mrgreen:

Ben

The Basket
30-03-07, 01:11 AM
Melandri has gone mad.

Seems Honda have only one rider this year.

Pedrosa
30-03-07, 12:03 PM
Me be think that Honda make it very easy for Marco to take over from Loris at Ducati. Loris soon be too busy on Sunday afternoon walking baby Riccardo in park.:)

Filipe M.
30-03-07, 01:29 PM
That I would love to see... as much as I like Capirex, Melandri on a Ducati would be interesting to say the least. Nolan would surely love it.

The Basket
30-03-07, 02:25 PM
I thought the Ducati ride was for Max? After he becomes wsb champ of course.

How Honda can treat Marco in this fashion...if its true...is amazing. They must really love Pedrosa to treat even Hayden the same. Oddly, Pedro's Puig partner Elias might come good. Simply because he fits the bike too.

Pedrosa
30-03-07, 03:55 PM
Ducati must be look to future,someone to take over from Loris. Marco the perfect answer. Ducati and fans want to be see an Italian ride and win on Ducati.

Mr.Rossi been very close to sign for Ducati but his pocket money big too much. Marco proven winner and with right package a future champion, after I win but of course.

Max never to get Moto Gp ride with Ducati.

Filipe M.
30-03-07, 04:27 PM
Ducati must be look to future,someone to take over from Loris. Marco the perfect answer. Ducati and fans want to be see an Italian ride and win on Ducati.

Yup, I'm not Italian but I'd love to see that happen.

:laughat:Mr.Rossi been very close to sign for Ducati but his pocket money big too much. Marco proven winner and with right package a future champion, after I win but of course.

Max never to get Moto Gp ride with Ducati.

Amen to that!

Pedrosa
01-04-07, 10:01 AM
Great news! Roberto Locatelli now awake from coma after nasty practice crash in Jerez.No brain damage is reported. Surgery on fascial injuries to take place in next few days. I know MR.Supervoice be happy here this news.

Isidro Esteve top Dakar/enduro rider for KTM had big accident in race at Almeria last week. Punctured lung and broken ribs with the more worrying fact that two vertebrae were damaged. He remains under threat of being paralyzed.:(

Filipe M.
01-04-07, 10:54 AM
Good news on Locatelli, awful news on the other guy. :(

Supervox
01-04-07, 11:21 AM
You're perfectly correct (not something that occurs very often is it ? ;) ) I AM delighted that Loca is on the mend. I always enjoy watching him ride - even more so now that he doesn't have a 'full-on' factory ride but still manages to make the works riders earn their victories & podiums (podia ??)
Hope he continues to improve & makes it back to the grid soon :)

As for Esteve, all I can say is that I hope the initial fears are proved wrong - Off-Road Endurance Racing is the single most dangerous & toughest form of motorcycle racing around - ALL of the competitors must have b*lls the size of grapefruit to even attempt it.