PDA

View Full Version : Donington WSB 1/4 - Chat Here, May Contain Spoilers

weazelz
29-03-07, 01:29 PM
weather forecast here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2469). looks like it might not rain, which would make a change for an international bike racing meeting at Donington

who's your money on?

are there any BSB'ers wildcarding?

Jelster
29-03-07, 01:45 PM
weather forecast here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2469). looks like it might not rain, which would make a change for an international bike racing meeting at Donington

who's your money on?

are there any BSB'ers wildcarding?

JT for a win & a 2nd I reckon, although it's been a while since he's raced at Donny...

Better not rain, I'm going by bike.

Alpinestarhero
30-03-07, 12:53 PM
I'm rooting for JT whatever the weather, 5th fastest today in wet conditions, and I reckon he can turn it up a bit too.

But who will give him a run for his money?

Mr Smooth and Mr I-Crashed-5-Times-In-The-Rain-At-Silverstone-And-Still-got-5th corser and bayliss, who are going very fast at the moment.

I think if it rains (looking unlikley?) then its an open horse race; those on lesser power machinery will find it easier, and it seems some of the less experiance superbike racers (rolfo, brookes) go fast when its wet.

Tough one to call, been a long time so it'll have to wait till sunday half way through race one to see whos got the best chance!

Come on toseland :D :D

Matt

Supervox
30-03-07, 05:03 PM
I'm rooting for JT whatever the weather, 5th fastest today in wet conditions, and I reckon he can turn it up a bit too.

But who will give him a run for his money?

Mr I-Crashed-5-Times-In-The-Rain-At-Silverstone-And-Still-got-5th Bayliss, who are going very fast at the moment.

Don't remind me of that farce - I still think it's amazing that Ducati didn't get booted from the series for blatant cheating !!

I hope JT does well - he hasn't really turned it on for the home fans in recent years - but then he does seem to be more relaxed & finding it easier to find 'the groove' this year.

Alpinestarhero
30-03-07, 06:58 PM
Don't remind me of that farce - I still think it's amazing that Ducati didn't get booted from the series for blatant cheating !!

I hope JT does well - he hasn't really turned it on for the home fans in recent years - but then he does seem to be more relaxed & finding it easier to find 'the groove' this year.

I personally found it rather amusing - lapping 2 seconds a lap faster than everyone else, and you knew when he was gonna come down, and he seemed to know too! Bomp - there goes the front again, just pull in the clutch and slide with the bike!

Matt

Supervox
30-03-07, 09:56 PM
I personally found it rather amusing - lapping 2 seconds a lap faster than everyone else, and you knew when he was gonna come down, and he seemed to know too! Bomp - there goes the front again, just pull in the clutch and slide with the bike!

Matt

But that was the point - the engine should have cut out regardless of of whether the clutch was engaged or not because of the 'tilt switch' that all WSB bikes were (are ?) required to have.

It wouldn't have been an issue with the Hondas (& maybe others I'm not sure) because they left the starter motors attached - Ducati chose to remove theirs to save weight which meant it could only be started with that 'lawn mower' thingy !!

fizzwheel
30-03-07, 10:07 PM
Wasnt there also a rumour that the bike cut out when tipped on its side in the pitlane when they tested it after or was it before the race.

Supervox
30-03-07, 10:12 PM
Wasnt there also a rumour that the bike cut out when tipped on its side in the pitlane when they tested it after or was it before the race.

Yep - before as I recall !!

It was later 'suggested' that the tilt switch on the Dukes was probably a software switch that could be removed / replaced by computer - remember when they all used to have their laptops plugged in on the grid ?

I believe that this practice has now been stopped ?

Essex of Essex
30-03-07, 10:29 PM
Tilt switch is no longer in the regs, it came up in a commentary.

Supervox
30-03-07, 10:33 PM
Tilt switch is no longer in the regs, it came up in a commentary.

Let me guess - Ducati said "can you please remove the regulation for a tilt switch?" & Flamini said "Yes, of course - we don't want to upset Ducati do we?" :rolleyes:

Jdubya
31-03-07, 10:23 AM
Superpole on eurosport 2 at 16h00 today...looking forward to it:)

Pedrosa
01-04-07, 10:04 AM
I am hope that nasty weather organised by Mr.Supervoice does not hamper Super Troy from 2 race win.:)

kwak zzr
01-04-07, 10:52 AM
:scratch: what happened to my boy? loosing the front in the first corner of s/pole :(

kwak zzr
01-04-07, 10:52 AM
i hope his race is better :) altho looks like no one is going to be able to touch bayliss.

weazelz
01-04-07, 07:28 PM
wtf was haga wearing in the post-race interview?!?

kwak zzr
01-04-07, 07:51 PM
jap fashion?:scratch:

tricky
01-04-07, 08:36 PM
I think it was bring 'em and fling 'em day ;-)
They where chucking them all over the place in warm up, espesh the Supersport lads.

Alessandro Polita had a huge off at the old hairpin (right in front of me) in Race 1, TV didn't catch it though.

I hope he was ok, as they stretchered him off.

tricky
02-04-07, 07:50 AM
Hehe I am sporting the traditional Donnington "tan" this morning.

fizzwheel
02-04-07, 08:34 AM

Ah I know that well :D

Jelster
02-04-07, 08:53 AM

You managed to get out of that bloody wind then ?? Jeez that was chilly !!

And who decided to "close" the A5 ???

Our route to Donny is A413, A5, A444, A42, we got really stuck when we had to ride through Hinckley...

Pedrosa
02-04-07, 12:45 PM
Big,big mistake by Ducati. That was one weekend where they needed to win as other circuits will find them out.

People say I miserable? Anybodies see Corser face on podium yesterday? He make me look like very giggly guy!

Max Biaggi for WSB champ anyone?:smt045

Fizzy Fish
02-04-07, 12:59 PM
Mr I-Crashed-5-Times-In-The-Rain-At-Silverstone-And-Still-got-5th bayliss

hey i don't care if Ducati broke the rules, Bayliss' performance in that race was legendary, one of my favourite racing moments EVER :D

shame about Toseland's 2nd race & Bayliss this weekend, but WSB is turning into a very entertaining series this year. Haga rocks for taking that win!

And great to see Toseland riding so well this year, he deserves a lot of respect for beating the likes of Biaggi, Corser and Bayliss on competitive bikes... :thumbsup:

Swiss
02-04-07, 03:02 PM
You managed to get out of that bloody wind then ?? Jeez that was chilly !!

And who decided to "close" the A5 ???

Our route to Donny is A413, A5, A444, A42, we got really stuck when we had to ride through Hinckley...

Yer not wrong about that wind fella, blimely it w' cold. I still have managed to gain soem colour in the cheeks though.
Took the M1 route back which worked out well as the traffic wasn't too bad, relativly speaking.

plowsie
02-04-07, 03:11 PM

From the wind? Although when i got home i could feel my face hadcaught summit, possibly wind possibly sun :D

Well Oiled
02-04-07, 05:56 PM
I read that Bayliss lost most of one of his fingers in his accident - nasty. Breaking fingers is one thing - losing them is another. Also heard that Toseland's problem was the quickshifter, stuck permanently interrupting the ignition. All these gadgets - just more things to go wrong I guess.

Still, made for a heck of a second half of race 2. Max must be seriously kicking himself for the mistake on the last corner. I said to my mate that Haga would push him all the way after losing the lead and really go for it on the last lap, maybe with a bit of fairing bashing to boot, but I didn't expect him to be given the race on a plate like that. The group of Italians in front of us went from deliriously happy to thoroughly brassed off in about 3 seconds flat !!

kwak zzr
02-04-07, 06:40 PM
bad news about bayliss.

tricky
05-04-07, 10:45 AM
bad news about bayliss.

Sounds like he was more worried about the family jewels

http://www.troybayliss.com/diary.php?DiaryPage=diary022.htm

http://www.troybayliss.com/news07.php?NewsPage=doningtonPN.php