PDA

View Full Version : Brands Indy 16-4-07 £139.

Blue_SV650S
10-04-07, 10:03 AM
I have booked onto this, anyone else game?!!? 8)

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=3190

Note: there are 3 groups one can book onto, not just inters ;)

lukemillar
10-04-07, 02:54 PM
I have booked onto this, anyone else game?!!? 8)

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=3190

Note: there are 3 groups one can book onto, not just inters ;)

Sorry dude, Lydden on 28th is my lot for April. Then it's the superbike school on 17th May and i'm 90% sure I'm going to book Mallory Park on the 26th MAy with Hottrax. Mallory looks cool though - they seem to be running slightly different groups:

Novice/Inters
Inters/Adv
Adv/ACU

Should be a good day to mix it up with the slower intermediates and see how my pace compares.

Blue_SV650S
10-04-07, 03:16 PM

We have hit a bit of a snag ... they have imposed a sound check at MSV trackdays now ... limit is 105 db ... my SV at 5k (where they test) is 101db ... my mates Duke is 115db at idle, 130db at ~5k!!! ... :shock: ... even his SP1 is 125db ish ...

What's more annoying still is that at the mo I have paid for both of us!! :?

lukemillar
10-04-07, 03:34 PM
We have hit a bit of a snag ... they have imposed a sound check at MSV trackdays now ... limit is 105 db ... my SV at 5k (where they test) is 101db ... my mates Duke is 115db at idle, 130db at ~5k!!! ... :shock: ... even his SP1 is 125db ish ...

What's more annoying still is that at the mo I have paid for both of us!! :?

They said they were going to start doing this at Focused days as well, last time at Brands. Not usre if they meant just Brands or all their days though.

Blue_SV650S
10-04-07, 03:40 PM
They have never done it in years past ... I don't know why they are doing it now ...

It looks to be a real problem for us here ...

I mean my mates bike is set to run with the pipes that are on it, it's not like he can just pop some stock cans on (they wouldn’t fit as the race system is large bore).

weazelz
13-04-07, 09:56 AM
okay, booked

Blue_SV650S
13-04-07, 06:59 PM
okay, booked

8)

Jdubya
13-04-07, 08:16 PM
I might stop in to say hello...

Blue_SV650S
13-04-07, 08:26 PM
I might stop in to say hello...

Cool, don't fancy booking on yaslen then?!!? :)

Jdubya
13-04-07, 08:38 PM
Cool, don't fancy booking on yaslen then?!!? :)
I do fancy it but just dont have the time or the cash spare just yet...:(
Might bring the camera along on monday as well.

Alpinestarhero
14-04-07, 08:39 AM
Are there any trackdays coming up around mid-august at brands?

Matt

Blue_SV650S
14-04-07, 08:43 AM
Are there any trackdays coming up around mid-august at brands?

Matt

Here's a good website http://www.uktrackdays.co.uk/

Alpinestarhero
14-04-07, 08:59 AM
Cheers blue

Matt

[EDIT] Brands Hatch GP on Aug 9th :o :o

Balky001
16-04-07, 09:47 PM
No updates yet? Blue_SV650S - did you're mate get on and any good footage?

You can see I'm desperate to get out on track can't you :(

weazelz
17-04-07, 08:17 PM
I had a good day yesterday, weather was fab, could easily have been june. lots of lovely hot, dry tarmac mmmm

good to see Nick again - first time since silverstone gp last year - & to meet his mate

I had a few new bits to try out - the fabled r6 throttle tube being one, a stopwatch wired into my horn being the other

started out in Inter's & even though the groups weren't full - ~28 in each iirc - there seemed to be quite a lot of traffic to get past, so we moved up into the Fast group for the last session before lunch. being less held up, & being a bit braver into Paddock Hill, I got my lap time down to 58s (from previous best of 60.5s) which I was quite pleased with

first session out after lunch & getting rather too enthusiastic on quite-fully-warm tyres, & the back end came round on me through Clearways, switftly followed by that sliding-along-the-tarmac-on-my-4r53 feeling :-( result - me: fine, bike: bent crash bung, snapped footpeg on right rearset

for the final two sessions I borrowed some standard footpegs off Nick (cheers mate) & dropped back to Inter's for some gentler, end-of-day, reduced ground-clearance laps :-)

DanF
18-04-07, 12:47 AM
Gotta be careful with the power increase from the R6 throttle mod, kinda viscous :dwarf:

Blue_SV650S
18-04-07, 07:46 AM

Them spare footpegs have come in handy a few times now ;)

If you want to progress, you need to be putting yourself in the fast group weazelz, as you saw at Brands you are getting held up in inters (let alone novice you plonk-a!! :lol:). As soon as you went in the fast group your times/riding improved. 8)

So always sign up in the fast, if on the day you feel it is a particularly fast - fast, then you can always drop into inters. But to be fair dude, that was a fairly average fast grp, and you were holding your own in there ;)

Balky001 - have you booked onto Lydden on the 28th?!?! :)

Balky001
18-04-07, 09:58 PM
Unlucky Weazelz, not too much damage then? What's the R6 throttle supposed to do?

Them spare footpegs have come in handy a few times now ;)

Balky001 - have you booked onto Lydden on the 28th?!?! :)

I had some track days set up but that's now fallen through as the wife has OK'd a trip to Nurburgring in July :cool: :p . It's a 2 full day training session on closed off Ring so leave Saturday and come back Wednesday. It's a bit pricey so little chance of a track day :( .

Last time I went to Lyddon I rode down with 2 mates from Southend. I rode back alone as they both decked it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so not my favourite track. Do you ride down there of use a van?

lukemillar
19-04-07, 07:44 AM
Last time I went to Lyddon I rode down with 2 mates from Southend. I rode back alone as they both decked it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so not my favourite track. Do you ride down there of use a van?

Was that the guy with the Senna F4 that I met at silverstone?

Blue_SV650S
19-04-07, 08:18 AM
Do you ride down there of use a van?

bearing in mind my bikes are not road legal and I take 2 of them ... van ;)

Balky001
19-04-07, 05:37 PM
Was that the guy with the Senna F4 that I met at silverstone?

That was one of them - it's a SPR but the fairings were changed from matt black to carbon after the crash at Lyddon.

Blue - you have 2 track bikes??? That's a bit greedy! No chance of splitting the cost of the van then :rolleyes: never mind!.

I spoke with the better half and she said I'm not allowed to spend all our holiday money on track days (a week after Nurburgring we are touring in a car around Germany, Austria and Switzerland for 3 weeks and its all cash no card :( ). This Lyddon looks reasonable though if I can do it on a budget but means riding down and back again. Is anyone else riding down from the Southend area?