17-04-07, 06:43 PM
booked so far:

1. lukemillar
2. weazelz
3. weazelz+1 (cbr6)
4. weazelz+2 (cbr6)
5. lukemillar+1(cbr6rr)
6. <your name here>

Do we know what group the +1s intend to go in!!?!?

I am still teetering on the edge of a decision on Lydden :D

weazelz
17-04-07, 08:03 PM

my +1's are trackday first-timers, so novice for them. I'm definitely up for some fast lapping, so I'm going to start in inter's & see what the pace is like. I'll probably drop down to novice for the last session or two to play with my new camera & get some footage :-)

lukemillar
18-04-07, 10:49 AM

My +1 has only done 1 trackday, so he will also be novices. I'll probably start off there as well, but depending on pace, might be tempted to have a play in the inters ;)

weazelz
18-04-07, 11:20 AM
My +1 has only done 1 trackday, so he will also be novices. I'll probably start off there as well, but depending on pace, might be tempted to have a play in the inters ;)

you need to be in inters - you were keeping up with me around rockingham

lukemillar
18-04-07, 01:57 PM
you need to be in inters - you were keeping up with me around rockingham

I'll see how it goes. Like I said - couldn't specify a group over the phone, so I'll see where they stick me!

weazelz
23-04-07, 11:54 AM

made your mind up yet?

Blue_SV650S
23-04-07, 12:19 PM
made your mind up yet?

I'll ask him again, but I think Andrew (guy ay Brands) has family commitments ... going round on my todd has little long term appeal ... ok so it’s still good fun trying to establish where I ‘am’ in the group, but after that’s done, then it just gets boring - going round and round with no real purpose ... had a few days like that! :(

If Andrew will go then I will mind as I can duff him up!! :)

lukemillar
23-04-07, 02:56 PM
If Andrew will go then I will as I need someone to hold my hand!! :)

wuss! :wink:

Blue_SV650S
23-04-07, 03:57 PM
wuss! :wink:

LOL, its a long way to go to have no one to beat up :cry: ... its not the same with ppl you don't know/Trust Implicitly!!! ... also a lot of ppl will get the hump if you make close passes/badger them ... but if its your mate, it't all good ... in fact encouraged and worthy of much BS after!! :lol: That's when trackdays are super - uber 8)

ARAF
23-04-07, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by lukemillar http://forums.sv650.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1159896#post1159896)
booked so far:

1. lukemillar
2. weazelz
3. weazelz+1 (cbr6)
4. weazelz+2 (cbr6)
5. lukemillar+1(cbr6rr)
6. Araf
7. <your name here>

I'm there to show a group of track day virgins round. I'll have my blue KLE500 in the morning, but if the weather's good, I'll pop home for my SV at lunch time.

See you all there....

Blue_SV650S
24-04-07, 12:21 PM
My mate can't play, not only does he have family stuff, but he needs to get his bike fixed (oil pressure warning light came on at Brands).

So lads, 'I'm out' I am afraid ... there is mention of Brands GP on the 3rd May mind 8)

lukemillar
24-04-07, 12:58 PM
Not that I want to temp fate, but if someone is thinking about signing up, then the weather is looking good!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1558

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/canterbury_forecast_weather.html

touch wood.

Balky001
25-04-07, 05:45 PM
booked so far:

1. lukemillar
2. weazelz
3. weazelz+1 (cbr6)
4. weazelz+2 (cbr6)
5. lukemillar+1(cbr6rr)
6. ARAF + virgins
7. Balky001 (GSXR600)

Booked today :smt098 . Can't have you lads having all the fun. Booked in inters even though Lydden scares the b'jesus out of me. Whose in what group - anyone riding down from Essex? Luke/weazelz, what bikes you on?

weazelz
25-04-07, 06:12 PM
Booked today :smt098 . Can't have you lads having all the fun. Booked in inters even though Lydden scares the b'jesus out of me. Whose in what group - anyone riding down from Essex? Luke/weazelz, what bikes you on?

I'll be on sv650s - I think I'm the only one though, lol

I'll go in inter's to start with, I might move up to fast, depending on the pace & who there is to pay with in inter's. I also have blue's old ATC1000 camera, so I want to play with that in the last session or two, so I migth drop back to novice & take some footage of my +1's

I'm driving down from finchley & camping on friday night with my two, probably get there ~9 & then go get food

Balky001
25-04-07, 06:20 PM
I'll be on sv650s - I think I'm the only one though, lol

I'll go in inter's to start with, I might move up to fast, depending on the pace & who there is to pay with in inter's. I also have blue's old ATC1000 camera, so I want to play with that in the last session or two, so I migth drop back to novice & take some footage of my +1's

I'm driving down from finchley & camping on friday night with my two, probably get there ~9 & then go get food

Cool, I'll be the Billy no mates in blue and white Alpinestars leathers and lid as per avatar! Be good to get some film footage in but I'm guessing I may only feature when you whizz pass me on the corners. :D . What colour SV and I'll try and tag along?

weazelz
25-04-07, 07:08 PM
Cool, I'll be the Billy no mates in blue and white Alpinestars leathers and lid as per avatar! Be good to get some film footage in but I'm guessing I may only feature when you whizz pass me on the corners. :D . What colour SV and I'll try and tag along?

yellow SV (very battered). black/orange leathers, white lid. also, silver skoda estate + trailer in the car park. come & say hello so we can bully luke into being in inter's together :-)

Blue_SV650S
25-04-07, 07:08 PM
... I also have blue's old ATC1000 camera, so I want to play with that in the last session or two, so I migth drop back to novice & take some footage of my +1's

I'd take a laptop with you if I were you, that way you can back the files up and check that the camera is positioned correctly ...

Oh and put it on the 320x240 setting as the frame rate is better :)

lukemillar
25-04-07, 07:26 PM

I'm on a black 06 R6, grey/black wolf leathers. I think i'm in novice, though i'll see how it goes but may have a play in the inters.

Riding down from London on Sat morning - Will be going Blackwall tunnel > A2 > M2 > A2

See you then!

Luke

Balky001
25-04-07, 07:39 PM
Riding down from London on Sat morning - Will be going Blackwall tunnel > A2 > M2 > A2

See you then!

Luke

Excellent (see you in inters in the 2nd session!).

Weazelz - yelow SV, orange and black leather, white lid next to a silver Skoda estate - with all that colour going on if I don't spot you I'm going to the opticians!

enzyme
27-04-07, 01:51 PM
Have a good one peeps - I tried to book today in my usual late fashion but only experts left and I am not one of them :o , I still have cramp from Rockingham and am in need of some serious Yoga lessons before me next trip!

lukemillar
28-04-07, 07:05 PM
Got back safely after a marathon journey home through south london (blackwall tunnel is closed). Had a pretty good day - started off in the inters, which I was a little nervous about, until after the first session - pace wasn't too quick!

Had problems with a sliding rear - only at devil's elbow and the hairpin at the top of the hill though - almost highsided at one point which got me a little applause from the marshalls, but I think they were taking the p**s! Other than that it was a pretty good day (I let weazelz fill you in on his! :wink:)

Good to meet Paul aka Balky001

Luke

Blue_SV650S
28-04-07, 07:36 PM
....(I let weazelz fill you in on his! :wink:)

Luke

Oh no, not more 'bitz'??? :shock:

Oh and there is some pretty cruddy tarmac at devil's elbow ...

weazelz
28-04-07, 07:54 PM
ouch ouch ouch. well, I've never had a highside before, & now I have :(

coming out of the long right & winding on the power going around the outside of someone - marshalls reckon 80-90mph - felt the back slip .. grip .. maybe I can save this .. slip .. grip .. maybe I can't .. upside down .. tarmac .. good, not in the tyres yet .. grass .. still tumbling.. oh dear .. tyres . oof

I'm fine - well, left ankle, right knee, left wrist, right shoulder all rather swollen & tender, but no bones broken

bike is not too bad. the marshalls broke the bad news to me about its state. I saw it & just laughed - they thought all the damage was from today lol. total damage is levers, lhs peg, lhs bung, lhs fairing. note lhs damage from crash on right-hander :???:

went & had a look at the track & there were some good black marks that I must have left. I was talking later to the bloke who as benhind me when I lost it - he was most impressed with the amount of smoke came off my tyre

anyway, aside from all that, a good day. I think I clocked a best lap of ~49.5s in the morning, but there was a *lot* of traffic to get through & I didn't do any better than that in the afternoon - should have gone in fast really (yes, yes Nick, I know ;-) )

my two +1's had a good day, think I might be able to persuade them back another time

nice to meet you Paul Balky001, glad we persuaded you to stick around a bit longer, you were going pretty well

Blue_SV650S
28-04-07, 08:33 PM

Have you purposely turned your avatar upside down?!?! classic!!!! :lol:

Good that you and the bike are pretty ok 8)

That's a nasty old place to come off!!! :shock:

Oh and is this a bad time to ask if you have got that spare linkage and rear caliper pin?!?!?!?! :D

weazelz
28-04-07, 08:52 PM
Have you purposely turned your avatar upside down?!?! classic!!!! :lol:

it seemed apt :-)

That's a nasty old place to come off!!! :shock:

Lydden's not over-burdened with run-off :-(

to be honest, I'm feeling *very* fortunate to have got away with no broken bones

Tim in Belgium
28-04-07, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear that your not too badly dented and that the bike sounds like it will live to fight another day.

Balky001
29-04-07, 07:24 AM
Weazelz, bad news. Seems everyone was having grip issues but that's a nasty place to come off, those tyre walls don't seems to soft! Hope you and the bike are mended quickly.

Good to me you Andy and Luke, thanks for the advise and persuading me to stay for 2 extra sessions after my tyres were slipping you a bit too much to enjoy. Andy was right of course, they just need more scrubbing in.

Was an awesome day and at a track I didn't fancy again but it does seem to claim a high nuumber of scalps.

Nice to see RobSV and 30MPHMAX riding well too.

enzyme
29-04-07, 10:33 AM
weazelz - not again at Lydden!! :( . Main thing is no broken bones, hope you are feeling better get the bike fixed soon :cool:

ARAF
29-04-07, 04:33 PM
I saw a few of you around the pits, but unfortunately was too pre-occupied with the group I had, to come and say hello.

The yellow SV seemed to be going well, but I think a wash would improve it's power to weight ratio. ;)

Weaselz, your bike was a sorry state after the accident. I can't say that it looked out of place, next to the toilet. :p Glad to hear that you didn't break anything, unlike the unfortunate Ducati rider in the afternoon, who was practicing for next weeks race, and did a collar bone at Devil's Elbow.

Looking at the dates, I reckon August will be my next trip down there. I don't want to tempt fate with the two before, which are each a week before I go away.:(

weazelz
29-04-07, 07:07 PM
weazelz - not again at Lydden!! :( . Main thing is no broken bones, hope you are feeling better get the bike fixed soon :cool:

different corner though :-P

weazelz
29-04-07, 07:11 PM

were you on the black pointy in novice? if you were, you looked like you were going well. the bike sounded nice too

to be honest, my bike was in a fairly sorry state before the accident, so I'm not too bothered. I rather enjoy lapping shiny sportsbikes on my filthy, held-together-with-tape machine :-)

Blue_SV650S
29-04-07, 07:43 PM
were you on the black pointy in novice? if you were, you looked like you were going well. the bike sounded nice too

to be honest, my bike was in a fairly sorry state before the accident, so I'm not too bothered. I rather enjoy lapping shiny sportsbikes on my filthy, held-together-with-tape machine :-)

I am sure it's nothing more than a flesh wound on the old girl ... your SV seems indestructible, its already been crashed more times than a ZX81!! :lol:

ARAF
29-04-07, 10:11 PM

Not I sir. My SV is a blue K1 Curvey. It wasn't at the track though, as I was videoing from a Kawasaki Trailie in the green group.

weazelz
02-05-07, 09:17 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/weazelz/P4280057.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/weazelz/P4280056.jpg

Tim in Belgium
02-05-07, 09:25 PM
I think the wheels need cleaning!

ARAF
03-05-07, 08:47 AM
So, if you were on the yellow one, who's was the black/yellow one that got mashed?

Blue_SV650S
03-05-07, 08:56 AM
pics

And you still haven't broken a clip-on OR a leaver, that bike is indestructible!!! :lol:

Stu
03-05-07, 09:19 AM
So, if you were on the yellow one, who's was the black/yellow one that got mashed?
The front view has black in it.

weazelz
03-05-07, 10:19 AM
And you still haven't broken a clip-on OR a leaver, that bike is indestructible!!! :lol:
I've done a couple of levers on it

weazelz
03-05-07, 10:19 AM
The front view has black in it.
used to, not any more. there's some black where the paint's worn thru to the plastic though ;-)