PDA

View Full Version : Boots for chunky legs!

thejudderman
11-04-07, 09:05 PM
Hey all, new boy here. :p

I'm after an SV in a few weeks, just need to sell my car first (buyer hopefully coming this weekend for it)... and the small matter of buying all the kit and passing my test!

But anyway...

The immediate problem I have is that, although I'm not fat or anything, I've got ridiculously muscular Calf's and I struggle to get boots to fasten or velcro up around the stupid things :(

Any ideas on an all-round boot (waterproof) that won't break the bank (around £100 - £140) that come in a fat leg fitment!?

Cheers,

Col.

thejudderman
13-04-07, 09:27 AM
Not one person got any ideas?! :(

I can't be the only one out there with daft legs!

Kate
13-04-07, 09:44 AM
Have a look at Daytona's. They have boots that have lots of adjustment options for around the calfs, they are also excellent bike boots.

Tomcat
13-04-07, 09:46 AM
Cant help on the boot front .... but welcome to the forum :D

gemma1675
13-04-07, 10:57 AM
You aren't the only one with muscular legs - my husband has the same problem. However his full boots have been around a good few years and I really couldn't tell you where he got them from. However he does have a pair of shorter boots which he wears an awful lot - Nitro NB-30 boots - search for them on this page: http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/hermes/shop/2,1,100
Probably not massively helpful, but at least you know you aren't alone!

thejudderman
13-04-07, 12:19 PM
Thanks for that people, I'm actually gonna be calling into the Leeds J&S in the next week or so, I'll ask to try some shorter boots on... See if they're easier to live with :D

I'd like to get some 'normal' length boots too, but we shall see ;)

Ta,

Col.

kitkat
13-04-07, 12:31 PM
oooh i have muscular calves too (no really they are just fat)

I got bufallo boots from hein gericke, they lace up and are very comfy. They have been out in quite heavy rain and been ok but dont know if they are completely waterproof. cost about £80

9tails
13-04-07, 02:38 PM
i use to work outdoors and had the same problem, unfortunatly the only boots that i could get around my legs were SIDI Corsa the ratchet system makes it much easier.. although when putting over leathers as well as legs i have a fight:shock:

embee
14-04-07, 07:27 PM
Might not be your style, and you have to wait for them to be made, but consider http://www.altberg.co.uk/

I've had some Clubman Classics for a few years now and they are excellent boots.

You can give them a ring and see what they can do for you, the boots are made in their factory and they can make changes within reason. I had some narrow fitting ones. The factory shop prices are well below RRP, my Clubmans were £114, admittedly 3 or 4 yrs ago now.

Cloggsy
14-04-07, 07:34 PM
Hey all, new boy here. :p

I'm after an SV in a few weeks, just need to sell my car first (buyer hopefully coming this weekend for it)... and the small matter of buying all the kit and passing my test!

But anyway...

The immediate problem I have is that, although I'm not fat or anything, I've got ridiculously muscular Calf's and I struggle to get boots to fasten or velcro up around the stupid things :(

Any ideas on an all-round boot (waterproof) that won't break the bank (around £100 - £140) that come in a fat leg fitment!?

Cheers,

Col.

Col,

Take a look here (http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle1.jsp) - Altberg make boots to measure & the boots are superb - Granted, not 'Sports Bike' power ranger type boots, but cracking all the same ;)

thejudderman
14-04-07, 11:28 PM
Thanks a lot.

I'll try some more 'off the peg' items to see how I get on. Some of the Altberg one's I quite like though (pretty much the ones without the laces), so I'll definately look into theirs if I'm still struggling.

On the plus side, my cars sold and gone today (woo hoo!), so first thing Monday I'm gonna book myself in for lessons (hopefully it'll all come flooding back from when I had a Yam TY trail bike about 15 years ago!).