PDA

View Full Version : Track Bike + Things u need

600+
17-04-07, 08:14 AM
Hey guys,

ok so this friend is not selling his ZXR-400 so we thought will turn it into a track bike to have some fun now and then on the occasional Track Day.

So I'm making a list plus costs for the things we need and was wondering if you could offer some advise:)

Tyres £60+fitting?
Disc Brakes £50 when they are needed
Leathers (is this a must or can we go with textiles?)
Track Day Entry Fee £60 for half a day

Transportation is sorted - got a trailer and a tow bar on the cage plus since it's under 750kg all together no need for a change on the licence :D

lukemillar
17-04-07, 08:23 AM
Tyres £60+fitting?Doesn't seem enough unless you can get some part worns off ebay. I saw some supercorsas with 20 laps on them for£35 the other day.

Disc Brakes £50 when they are neededEh? Discs? pads? Just check to make sure you have a good amount of pad and disc thickness left, but unless they are getting close, you won't wear them out on a track day.

Leathers (is this a must or can we go with textiles?)Yep, you must have 1 piece or 2 piece zip together leathers. Textiles are a no-no

Track Day Entry Fee £60 for half a dayYeah, but I would go for a full day - especially if it's your first. Most days will have instructors so there is a lot to get out of a whole day - Plus if you are up near manchester then some tracks wouldn't be much more than £60 for the day (Cadwell springs to mind)

600+
17-04-07, 09:14 AM
yeah we were thinking of 2nd hand tyres with just a few laps on them

not seen anything about leathers being mandatorry but i will check it ;)

600+
17-04-07, 09:43 AM
yeah apparently leathers are a must :(

Alpinestarhero
17-04-07, 09:55 AM
Can i have a go :D

Matt

600+
17-04-07, 10:02 AM
if you wanna make yourself up north sure why not?