PDA

View Full Version : Wanna come out to play?

New Leaf
17-04-07, 02:23 PM
I've got weekend to myself.

Wife will be in bed, baby being looked after - so i can go out for a ride.

Anyone wanna come? Don't mind where we go really. I live in ely, so could meet anywhere within reasonable distance of there.

Must point out i've only had a bike for a few months - so i might be a bit slow! :oops:

BigBaddad
17-04-07, 05:28 PM
Hiya,

Don't think I can do this weekend , but if you fancy a spin another time let me know. I'm in King's Lynn, if your passing on the way to Hunstanton or somewhere I might join you. Newbie myself so slowish is the order of the day.

Cheers, Keith.

New Leaf
17-04-07, 06:35 PM
Cool - Kings Lynn ain't to far from me - just up the A10.

Would be a nice ride from there to Hunstanton for some chips by the sea!

What about the weekend after if u're busy this weekend?

K
17-04-07, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately I have a conference type thingy in Cov on the Saturday and my Nephew's 2nd birthday on the Sunday. Pity - I think the weather's gonna stay nice.

wyrdness
18-04-07, 08:57 AM
The Essex boys are doing a ride out to Duxford on Sat, though they'll be obviously be starting from a different place to you.

New Leaf
18-04-07, 11:27 AM
oh cool thanks wyrdness. I'll see if i can nip down the shops for a pair of white socks before then! ;)

simple simon
18-04-07, 12:04 PM
Hi New Leaf,

I should be up for a blast on Sunday.
I am in Soham and could meet you locally. This will be a farewell blast as it were because I pick up an R6 next week.
I'll show you a few good local roads (if you don't know them already) and promise to take it fairly easy!

Cheers,
Simon

BigBaddad
18-04-07, 02:13 PM
Hi,

I can manage a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon.

Cheers.

2mths
19-04-07, 04:47 PM
Might be up for this if I don't find myself laying a patio for a mate.

Quite happy to go slowish because I'm not quick :-)

I don't know how many peeps you're happy to have along so... If you get something details get firmed up and there is an open invite then please update the post and I'll see about getting along. I'm 65 miles away but quite happy to trip all the way over for the start if there's definately something on and an invite to join in.

New Leaf
19-04-07, 08:23 PM
Grr, wife has gone and changed our plans so its now next weekend that i'll be free for a ride, not this one.

Still looks like there are plenty of you up for it this weekend - so u should all go for it - weather is gonna be nice.

BigBaddad
20-04-07, 05:21 PM
Women huh!:smt120

Anyone else want to come out and play on Saturday afternoon? Ride to Sunny hunny or Wells or Sherringham?

simple simon
20-04-07, 05:37 PM
I'm working on Saturday. Sunny Hunny would've been ideal!

2mths
20-04-07, 06:14 PM
Women huh!:smt120

Anyone else want to come out and play on Saturday afternoon? Ride to Sunny hunny or Wells or Sherringham?

I might be able to do something - but understand I've got 80 miles to do to get to you. If you're serious and have something in mind then stick a reply up and we'll see if we can do something. Oh and if you're a regular pocket rocket then ignore me - I doubt I even qualify as brisk by most people's standards.

/2mths

2mths
20-04-07, 09:55 PM
Well I don't think I've every been to King's Lynn and the route isn't great but it should be easy to navigate. So I'm contemplating heading out there anyway tomorrow then seeing how many miles I can put in round the coast.

2mths
21-04-07, 07:01 PM
And the answer to that would be 300 and something. Though next time I could really use a local guide or 3 as I did it without a map going from one big place to another and was on lots of rubbish roads. Never mind, I've now been to King's Lynn, Hunstanton, Cromer, Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft & Bury St Edmunds. My **** is sore though.

BigBaddad
22-04-07, 07:27 AM
I should of checked the posts, I'd have joined you. Long way from home for you.

2mths
22-04-07, 08:33 AM
I should of checked the posts, I'd have joined you. Long way from home for you.

If you're gonna post something like...
Anyone else want to come out and play on Saturday afternoon?
...then checking for replies might be an idea if you're serious, yes :-)

BigBaddad
22-04-07, 10:42 AM
Sorry:( - OK then I'm going to sort out a ride out.

2mths
22-04-07, 03:15 PM
But now I'm away every weekend for a month :-(

Then again we've not really hit summer yet so I guess there's plenty of time!