PDA

View Full Version : Tired of tyres?

Pedrosa
23-04-07, 01:43 PM
I am be wonder what my good ORG friends be think?

Certain make of tyre not work on certain track and so some riders not able to fight? Is this what people want to be see? You not paying money more to see top rider on top bike battle? On every track? Top rider with top bike, he on best form on each track will win.Not be stopped by tyres?

Maybe Moto GP must be learn from WSB and allow 1 manufacturer only? I think it be crazy when Yamaha found 500rpm more for Turkey and then get beaten by bad tyres?

Filipe M.
23-04-07, 03:04 PM
Totally agree with you there, I for one would have loved to see Rossi being able to fight back for the top places instead of going backwards because of some damn rubber.

Scoobs
23-04-07, 03:08 PM
You could make this argument for everytthing. Make sure everyone has exactly the same everything and then it is down to the rider. Having different manufacturers progresses the sport and the bikes that we all ride. It's a good thing (but I don't think I will argue the toss with Rossi at this point in time).

fizzwheel
23-04-07, 03:52 PM
I think it be crazy when Yamaha found 500rpm more for Turkey and then get beaten by bad tyres?

Or did they get beaten by the fact that they didnt or couldnt setup the bike properly for the tyre that they had.

It did IMHO get a bit daft last year with Michellin making custom tyres for each session of practice, quali and then the race.

Perhaps Valentino is not the development / setup god that we've been led to believe and last weekend at least he was beaten on the day by people who setup their bikes better than he was able to.

Hayden was on Michelins to, been struggling all year with bike setup and he finished in front of Rossi...

Rossi needs to stop moaning and get on with the racing... he's had it to easy for to many years. Now he's struggling and I think the racing is all the better for it.

Pedrosa
24-04-07, 09:54 AM
Mr.Fizzbomb you talking very strong about Valentino!;) I think I be have send you nice signed T shirt. What sizing you wanting?:cool:

Jelster
24-04-07, 10:07 AM
Go back to the days of Foggy in WSB... Best rider on best bike with best team and best tyres ? No thank you.....

Look at the 250 race, the Aprilia was faster than the Honda, but the handling of the Honda with a decent rider meant that it could win. Only just, but a win non the less.

That's racing, in fact that's what life is about, find out what you're best at and exploit it, and also learn to get better at the things you don't do well. If you can achieve this then you will achieve success.

The current World Champion is not the best rider, nor was he on the best bike last year. he realised that by getting points as often as he could he may have the chance to win the title. Combined with taking advantage of his competitors mistakes.

Let's keep it as competitive as possible. The Ducati won't be the fastest bike at all circuits (especially Valencia) so the others have to learn to take advantage where they can.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

fizzwheel
24-04-07, 10:21 AM
Mr.Fizzbomb you talking very strong about Valentino!;) I think I be have send you nice signed T shirt. What sizing you wanting?:cool:

Oh yes please, Large would be excellent :cool:

Flamin_Squirrel
24-04-07, 11:37 AM
Or did they get beaten by the fact that they didnt or couldnt setup the bike properly for the tyre that they had.

It did IMHO get a bit daft last year with Michellin making custom tyres for each session of practice, quali and then the race.

Perhaps Valentino is not the development / setup god that we've been led to believe and last weekend at least he was beaten on the day by people who setup their bikes better than he was able to.

Hayden was on Michelins to, been struggling all year with bike setup and he finished in front of Rossi...

Rossi needs to stop moaning and get on with the racing... he's had it to easy for to many years. Now he's struggling and I think the racing is all the better for it.

:scratch: What planet are you on?! How is he struggling? He got 2nd and first in the other two races this season. Where you get the idea he's moaning from I'm not sure either - that is/was Biaggi/Gibernaus job.

To suggest Rossi isn't all that great at setting up a bike after all, after one bad race is quite frankly aload of rubbish!

fizzwheel
24-04-07, 02:57 PM
OK maybe a generalisation...

But 17th after FP1 on Friday, and backwards through the race on a bike that clearly ate its tyres, when Hayden finished 6th... Wander where Pedrosa would have finished if he hadnt been punted off.

As for moaning, he had a go at Elias for hard overtaking, when he did the same to Hopkins a few laps later. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Not the first time he's moaned about people doing hard moves on him...

If he cant take it back, he should dish it out.

Pedrosa
24-04-07, 04:18 PM
I think Mr Fizz and Flatulant Squirrel make good point.

What we are see is Valentino finding hard to accept that just maybe his best result years have gone due to higher competition from fellow racers now. I meaning he no longer guaranteed win every time he race.Not easy to accept when you so used to win.(Maybe he can see how Mr.Biaggi used to feel as he also a winner.)

I am wonder if Valentino will now be able to take record of wins from Giacomo? Not as clear as a little time ago? This is only target keeping him in Moto GP.

Turkey was part Michelin problem and part decision to run hard tyre which did not work.

My team mate Nicky accept things with more grace than Valentino saying with what he had, 7th place was good finish. I like that.

Blue_SV650S
24-04-07, 06:59 PM
If you want to see man on man, then watch the R6 cup etc ... motoGP like F1 should be about technology AND rider as a 'package'!! Where races can be won or lost in the paddock/factory's as well as on the track!! 8)

weazelz
24-04-07, 09:29 PM
If you want to see man on man, then watch the R6 cup etc ...

like a bit of man-on-man action then do you blue?