PDA

View Full Version : Anti clockwise track anywhere?

Tim in Belgium
28-04-07, 05:31 PM
All the tracks I've been to have been clockwiise, as a result I tend to be better at right handers, although my lefts are coming on.

Are there any anticlockwise tracks out there?

spudnuts
28-04-07, 06:04 PM
Rockingham, i think

spudnuts

lukemillar
28-04-07, 07:00 PM
Rockingham, i think

spudnuts

Rockingham National is clockwise, though it does have a nice series of lefts if that's what you're after!

K
29-04-07, 08:21 AM
You could just nip over to France and play about on their roundabouts.

I'm not really helping am I? ;)

Blue_SV650S
29-04-07, 08:23 AM
Rockingham National is clockwise, though it does have a nice series of lefts if that's what you're after!

Yep, 'the rock' is the place for left handers 8)

Balky001
29-04-07, 11:12 AM
Interlagos is the only anticlockwise track I know, if you can get over to Brazil

ARAF
30-04-07, 01:11 PM
Interlagos is the only anticlockwise track I know, if you can get over to Brazil

A bit closer would be Istanbul Park, or Imola.

Croix En Ternois in France has two 90 deg lefts very close to each other, but I can't think of and small anti-clockwise tracks.

sinbad
30-04-07, 01:44 PM
Moto GP will visit 5 anti-clockwise circuits: Sachsenring, Istanbul, Laguna Seca, Valencia and Misano?
But Misano will actually be run in the opposite direction for safety reasons, making it 4.

Tim in Belgium
30-04-07, 02:43 PM
Yep, done Croix and was good, just a little far from Yorkshire now!

French track days are definitely more manic than UK ones, loads of late braking, blocking moves, guys on slicks in the noveice group etc! But Croix really suits the SV.

Was more wondering about UK tracks in general!

sinbad
30-04-07, 04:17 PM
Rockingham (International) is the only "proper" one that I know of. I'm racking my brains and double checking on t'internet but I can't think of another.

Tim in Belgium
30-04-07, 06:38 PM
I'll have to visit "The Rock" then, should it be national or international that I book into?

Cheers,

Tim

lukemillar
30-04-07, 06:50 PM
I'll have to visit "The Rock" then, should it be national or international that I book into?

Cheers,

Tim

National is clockwise, International is anti-clockwise. Though looking at the international circuit it uses 2 of the banked corners of the outside oval - No run off here - just a concrete wall at the edge of the track :shock:

I did the national a couple of weekends ago and loved it - want to go back there soon.

Blue_SV650S
01-05-07, 07:59 PM
National although clockwise, would suit the SV better and has plenty of lefts :)

lukemillar
02-05-07, 08:18 AM

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim,

I really like Rockingham National when I did it a couple of weeks ago so I'm thinking of booking it on Sunday 10th June if you're interested

Thanks
Luke

Mogs
02-05-07, 08:43 AM
Oliver's Mount (http://www.oliversmount.com/?f=circuit&id=21) is anti-clockwise

Tim in Belgium
02-05-07, 05:56 PM
Luke - Doing a triathlon on the 10th June so will have to give that one a miss.

Mogs - Oliver's Mount is pretty handy but having had a quick squizz at their website I believe that they don't do track days.

Mogs
04-05-07, 01:30 PM
Sorry Tim, It never crossed my mind that there would be tracks that didn't do "trackdays".

Skip
04-05-07, 01:37 PM
You can still ride on the Olivers Mount circuit as its a road - but obviously there would be other traffic on it!

Blue_SV650S
04-05-07, 02:11 PM
You can still ride on the Olivers Mount circuit as its a road - but obviously there would be other traffic on it!

feck that!! :D

Skip
04-05-07, 02:14 PM
feck that!! :D
Its pretty tight too!

Some pics of a chap from another forum riding on it recently...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/danowat/Img_3119.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/danowat/Img_3078.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/danowat/Img_3086.jpg

chunkytfg
04-05-07, 03:22 PM
National is clockwise, International is anti-clockwise. Though looking at the international circuit it uses 2 of the banked corners of the outside oval - No run off here - just a concrete wall at the edge of the track :shock:

I did the national a couple of weekends ago and loved it - want to go back there soon.

You dont need the run off.

The only banked conrer you come across on the 'trackday spec' international circuit has a nice ope chicance on the inside of it which takes you onto the pit exit road.

It really isnt that daunting and unless you're on something exceptionally quick you wont even need to back off through it=P~

Tim in Belgium
04-05-07, 03:25 PM
An early morning visit to Oliver's Mount may be required ;)

monkey
09-05-07, 12:31 AM
Good point Tim. I've thought it myself. It's a strange one. Funnily enough I used to have problems with right handers (ok-Luke knows I'm dead slow left or right) but I have HUGE chicken strips on the left of my tyres!

Maybe they should start doing tracks both ways. There'd effectively be double the amount of tracks we could use then!

Or you could go as slow as me and actually appear to be going round the track backwards. He he he.

:)

andyaikido
09-05-07, 06:10 PM
Wonder what would happen at the Mountain if they ran Cadwell backwards.

ARAF
10-05-07, 10:44 PM
Wonder what would happen at the Mountain if they ran Cadwell backwards.

They'd have someone doing a lot of trade at the bottom, with a parts dept. microfische.:mrgreen:

Quiff Wichard
10-05-07, 10:53 PM
chester horse race course is anti clockwise..

get on early on yer bike though .. its oppossite the cop shop! :D