PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP China 06-05-07, May contain results * SPOILER*

Pedrosa
29-04-07, 12:10 PM
Well my nice SV peoples I am be sure you all wishing me lots of luck in China? I am be having at this time longest without win race in my entire racing career. I not be like this.

We think that maybe Ducati once more being very strong in Shanghai with Bridgestone have advantage. I am sure my team mate Nicky be very over the moon and happy if he can be repeat his win of last year.

I wondering how Valentino going to be react after tyre and Elias problems in Turkey?

Is anyone believe Valentino can take Agostini record of overall wins? I think it very difficult.:cool:

weazelz
29-04-07, 10:14 PM
Is anyone believe Valentino can take Agostini record of overall wins? I think it very difficult.:cool:

Ago's record is 68, correct? how many is Vale on now, 59? Vale has signed for Yam for this year & next year - you don't think he'll get 9 wins in 33 races? I doubt that he'll do it this year, but next year, probably, & if not, do you think he'll retire before he's done it?

The Basket
29-04-07, 11:37 PM
A long straight and ducati means casey stoner for the win.

Rossi will defo beat the record but not in China.

Two podiums for Duke and a Rossi
third. Rossi doesn't like it up 'im. He may say but if he can't take he shouldn't give.

Alpinestarhero
30-04-07, 11:03 AM
Ok, so the whole world expects a ducati win - the smart moneys on casey, and the next bunch is on loris. But there are some tight and twisty parts to china, and having a bike that can turn from one extreme to the other (left to right, right to left full lean) easily is important. We know the yamaha's can do this very well, look how rossi was able to run up to casey in the corners at Qatar! In short, I expect ducati to have a very strong challenge from yamaha - not just rossi, but edwards too, and they could spoil pre-race predictions!

I don't have high hope for the honda's, except maybe dani pedrosa and Tiger Toni Elias. Everyone else seems to be struggling with a front end that wants to give away and has lack of feel, and at a cuircuit like china with very front endy corners, you cant have that.

I expect the suzuki's can make quite an impression, they have a very good pakage this year - although the suzuki powerplant has historically been underpowered in comparison to the other machinery.

All the talk of ducati top speed means we can't rule out the D'antin boys of Barros and Hoffmann - we should not forget that Barros nearly beat the "factory" loris capirossi last time out! With heavy braking zones, and Barros having a reputation as the last of the late brakers, he could well be in with a chance of a top 5 finish.

Matt

PeterM
01-05-07, 09:36 AM
The Suzis have been putting out good numbers in the speeds so would suggest that they are not short on hp like previous years.

Pedrosa
03-05-07, 07:20 AM
I be agree that long straight in China is big advantage for Ducati, but I not believing they win easy if at all. With lack of top speed HRC wanting to make sure our bike handle very nicely good and so make up time in curves. There be more curves than long straights and so just maybe our plan it be work.;)

The Basket
03-05-07, 08:26 AM
Alex Barros for a podium.

Rossi crashes out.

A ducati 123.

Colin Edwards last...just beat by Jnr...

Aliens kidnap John Hopkins.

They're my predictions.

Pedrosa
04-05-07, 02:04 PM
Well I be very encourage after practise today but cannot be believe how Ducati finding 14kmh more than anyone else?! We be sure they not using 990 motor? My big friend NIcky be a lot happier this week and he say bike feeliong much better.

Marco starting to impress and I be know he said strong words to Honda. Hopper seem to strong this season and Suzuki fast despite being down on top speed?( I be think he wanting impress his new lady also who be very sexiness.)

I sorry to dissapointing Bearded Biker Chick but I already be have Brolly Dolly for Shanghai. But I be thank her for ask.:cool:

Alpinestarhero
05-05-07, 08:22 AM
Bradley Smith qualifies on the SECOND ROW for tomorrows 125cc GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And good morning to you all.

Matt

Jdubya
05-05-07, 08:31 AM
Bradley Smith qualifies on the FRONT ROW for tomorrows 125cc GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And good morning to you all.

Matt

Not quite... (http://www.eurosport.co.uk/motorcycling/chinese-gp/2007/sport_sto1171130.shtml):p
He qualifies front of the second row;) Still pretty good though. Racing starts at 05h00 tomorrow morning.

Alpinestarhero
05-05-07, 08:40 AM
Not quite... (http://www.eurosport.co.uk/motorcycling/chinese-gp/2007/sport_sto1171130.shtml):p
He qualifies front of the second row;) Still pretty good though. Racing starts at 05h00 tomorrow morning.

No, he got fourth - this is front row in 125's and 250s isnt it?

Matt

[or did he get fifth? or has it all gone like motogp grids now?]

Jdubya
05-05-07, 09:09 AM
No, he got fourth - this is front row in 125's and 250s isnt it?

Matt

[or did he get fifth? or has it all gone like motogp grids now?]

Did you clicky my linky?:p
He starts 5th tomorrow....front of the second row:D

Alpinestarhero
05-05-07, 09:19 AM
Oh...crap, i got all excited.

Still, pasini will have anoher DNF, so braders may aswell start fourth

:D

Matt

weazelz
06-05-07, 09:31 AM
hell's teeth those duc's are fast

well done to hopper for matching his teammate's podium record

The Basket
06-05-07, 10:09 AM
Hopper was fantastic.

Ducati were soooo fast...I wonder if Stoner is thinking about being world champ.

Rossi says he was beaten by pace but I think Stoner did something too. After all there were 3 Ducatis behind him.

wheelnut
06-05-07, 10:29 AM
Those on board with Hopper shots were amazing:D

Well done John, another local lad to MIGTS:p

PeterM
06-05-07, 11:26 AM
Go the Stoner!

Good race that, great effort from both Capirex and CV to fight through from their poor grid positions too.

Pedrosa
06-05-07, 01:02 PM
My Sv friends I so sorry not be able to bring you podium finish today. We still be have many problem with bike and I be very happy be 3rd in championship so far. But it not be like people say, that 800cc bike make me win all time.

Ducati have made good results at tracks that working well for Bridgestone and their big speed also help. But season very long and Bridgestone have big problem at many tracks.

Valentino today ride like champion he is, he knowing have to push and push and ride on limit. This be why he go wide and let Casey be escape. No one else be able to battle for so long with Ducati on this track.

Hopper deserve podium and Suzuki be very impress this season so far.

My friend Toni not be need mistake like today especially after problems with Valentino in Turkey.:cool:

Alpinestarhero
06-05-07, 06:15 PM
We still be have many problem with bike

Pah! Quit whining like a girl and adjust your riding to ride round the problem!

4 times world superbike champion Carl Fogarty was renowned for his ability to do such a feat. Given half a chance, he'd be motogp world champ by now.

:rolleyes:

Matt

Biker Biggles
06-05-07, 06:22 PM
It seems VR settled for second once he realised he could not outrun CS on the straight.Sensible tactics which would have served him well in Turkey as well.But the most significant developement this season is that Casey has learned to keep the bike rubber side down.He is now real championship material,and I believe the most naturally talented rider after Rossi.
Good luck to him.:p

wheelnut
06-05-07, 06:28 PM
4 times world superbike champion Carl Fogarty was renowned for his ability to do such a feat. Given half a chance, he'd be motogp world champ by now.

:rolleyes:

Matt

Who?

Did he tell you that?:p

SVeeedy Gonzales
06-05-07, 07:34 PM
Why does Capirossi not have the ability to do that on the straight? Isn't it the same bike? I could have sworn Rossi was deliberately doing those moves to try and force Stoner to blow his fuel load; I can't imagine Stoner has much left riding like that and I'm still waiting for him to run out of fuel in a race - no way can he do overtakes like that at those speeds and not be burning a huge load of fuel... impressive stuff though...

Pedrosa
07-05-07, 12:49 PM
But the most significant developement this season is that Casey has learned to keep the bike rubber side down.:p

That be down to the Ducati electronics I be sure, they be having crash sensors:rolleyes: . No-one can be becoming non faller all in short time.:confused:

Sñr. Gonzalez.....Ducati have THE best valve operation system which allows more precise operation. Suzuki use neumatiac system and Yamaha and HRC still be use spring operated valves. With engine be spin close to 20k revs desmo very effective. No extra fuel be used.

weazelz
07-05-07, 12:55 PM
I could have sworn Rossi was deliberately doing those moves to try and force Stoner to blow his fuel load; I can't imagine Stoner has much left riding like that and I'm still waiting for him to run out of fuel in a race - no way can he do overtakes like that at those speeds and not be burning a huge load of fuel... impressive stuff though...

stoner was doing ~333kph vs rossi's ~318kph, so ~5% difference. is that really going to burn *that* much extra fuel?

Pedrosa
07-05-07, 01:08 PM
I be wondering a couple of thing why I sat here with my laptopping waiting for flight back to europe......

How my teammate Nicky be feel when consider Ducati try very hard to sign him for this season?

Other thing is how Valentino be feel when remember it was he who block Casey from sign with Yamaha?:rolleyes:

sinbad
07-05-07, 01:47 PM
Wow 177 posts in a couple of months actually as Dani Pedrosa, you must be obsessed with the little fella (whoever you are). :)

Shame Rossi did that, I was just waiting for him to get past/Stoner make a mistake in the early part of the lap, to see if he could make enough of a break before the straight, that would have been interesting.

Pedrosa
07-05-07, 03:09 PM
Mr.Slingback I be know you cheeky chappy!:) You I remember big fan of Valentino,no? You maybe too much embarass to be ask me for sign T shirt?:cool:

SVeeedy Gonzales
08-05-07, 11:48 AM
At those sort of speeds you burn a lot of fuel; to be able to overtake Rossi like he's some sort of fair weather rider out for an afternoon bimble, at those speeds, desmo or not, that's a lot of fuel needed.

Casey ONLY ever does this when he needs to get past Rossi - when he's in front, he doesn't do it - otherwise he'd pull a couple of seconds a lap and win every time. He doesn't do that every time because he probably doesn't have the fuel to do it every time, only when he needs to get past Rossi.

Question is - why can't Capirossi do the same? He's obviously more cautious on the throttle than Stoner, or else he'd blitz the other guys on the straight... maybe Casey is just more willing to risk running out of fuel than Capirex in order to get the win.

It may just be down to the desmo being more efficient, enabling Casey to use a bit extra on the straights (which Ducati have neatly designed into the bike). At this rate, Stoner will be the only winner wherever there's a decent straight, Question is, are there more of those tracks with the big straight than the twisty tracks?

sinbad
08-05-07, 11:58 AM
At those sort of speeds you burn a lot of fuel; to be able to overtake Rossi like he's some sort of fair weather rider out for an afternoon bimble, at those speeds, desmo or not, that's a lot of fuel needed.

Casey ONLY ever does this when he needs to get past Rossi - when he's in front, he doesn't do it - otherwise he'd pull a couple of seconds a lap and win every time. He doesn't do that every time because he probably doesn't have the fuel to do it every time, only when he needs to get past Rossi.

Question is - why can't Capirossi do the same? He's obviously more cautious on the throttle than Stoner, or else he'd blitz the other guys on the straight... maybe Casey is just more willing to risk running out of fuel than Capirex in order to get the win.

It may just be down to the desmo being more efficient, enabling Casey to use a bit extra on the straights (which Ducati have neatly designed into the bike). At this rate, Stoner will be the only winner wherever there's a decent straight, Question is, are there more of those tracks with the big straight than the twisty tracks?

Stoner blitzes away from the Yamaha every time he goes down the long straight, when he's in front he needs to do it so the gap back to Rossi is big enough to sustain through the twisties. I would be amazed if he wasn't giving it 100% every time down the back straight with Rossi less than a second behind him going on to it. They were both capable of similar laptimes (why wasn't Stoner 2 seconds quicker in qual?), but any racer given the choice between 2 bikes of the same overall pace would take the one with straightline speed every time.
Capirossi's bike is just as fast, too, and he destroys the others just as much, it just seems he isn't as fast as Stoner at the moment.

weazelz
08-05-07, 12:26 PM
At those sort of speeds you burn a lot of fuel
sure, but he's only 5% quicker than rossi. if people were running out of fuel all over the place, indeed if *anyone* had run out of fuel this season, then you might have a point

Pedrosa
08-05-07, 03:40 PM
We now be come to a string of european races and maybe things be start get very different.

Italy, England(where I hoping see many of mt SV peeps and friends), France and Spain are always very competive races and I hope as I sure Valentino do, that better performances can be made.:cool:

Alpinestarhero
09-05-07, 11:22 AM
We're all harking on about the engine power providing the speed of the dukes, but what about areodynamics? This is just as important. The ducati has a rather large fairing in comparison to the other machines, which must allow the rider to get tucked in easier and smooth the air-flow over the motorcycle. How the air gets left behind the motorcycle is just as important as how the bike punches a hole in the air in the first place.

The guys at ducati are fantastic engineers; they may have just found the optimum shape of the combustion chamber to give a very efficient conversion of energy from the expanding gas into pushing the piston down (and then the rear wheel turning!). The engine internals may be very light which helps with power, revs and economy. Even something like having light rotating mass (i.e. the wheels) will help top-speed as this reduces the energy needed to accelerate, so more energy is put into the bike going faster overall

Complicated, very complicated

Matt

sinbad
09-05-07, 12:15 PM
We're all harking on about the engine power providing the speed of the dukes, but what about areodynamics? This is just as important. The ducati has a rather large fairing in comparison to the other machines, which must allow the rider to get tucked in easier and smooth the air-flow over the motorcycle. How the air gets left behind the motorcycle is just as important as how the bike punches a hole in the air in the first place.
Stoner was taking over half a second on that straight (a long distance at those speeds) and yet was only going 5mph faster through the speed trap. That suggests that Duc's absolute top speed is not a great deal higher than the the Yam's, but the rate at which he reaches it is greater. That in turn suggests, since we know the weights of Rossi+yam and Stoner+duc are very similar, that the Yam is less powerful, but perhaps slightly more aerodynamic than the Ducati.
(OR the Duc's RPM in top gear could have been electronically limited to preserve fuel and engine :) ).

SVeeedy Gonzales
10-05-07, 11:22 AM
It's a tricky one for sure. Stoner won't win where there isn't a long straight, and he has a good chance where there is a long straight. I don't think he'll do so well at Le Mans. Ducati have a very good package but Capirossi doesn't seem able to exploit it and Stoner is doing well for now but he's young, relatively inexperienced and now has a new wife as well... that's a lot of pressure and distraction and although he's started well, I don't think he can sustain it. He'll have a crash or a few frights (he's had a couple of battles with the front end already nearly losing it coming out of corners - Shanghai included) and he'll go off the boil.

As for Rossi whinging about Elias being dangerous, maybe Rossi was being a Prima Donna - Elias didn't help his image by lunching himself in a suicuidal attempt to dive through the field at Shanghai though...

John 675
10-05-07, 11:50 AM
i could be wrong, or it may have been raised before but dont the ducati's have an engine size advantage? i thought that they had a paddy about not putting the 800cc engines in their bikes and that they would withdraw from the GP sometime last year.
stoner is so fast with this ducati, rossi is such a fast and well established rider that in my opinion he could out ride stoner anyday on any machine of the same spec, but on the straights the ducati's just rocket ahead, is this unfair advantage?? its like an SV thou Vs an R1 IMO.
:cool:

sinbad
10-05-07, 12:29 PM
i could be wrong, or it may have been raised before but dont the ducati's have an engine size advantage? i thought that they had a paddy about not putting the 800cc engines in their bikes and that they would withdraw from the GP sometime last year.
stoner is so fast with this ducati, rossi is such a fast and well established rider that in my opinion he could out ride stoner anyday on any machine of the same spec, but on the straights the ducati's just rocket ahead, is this unfair advantage?? its like an SV thou Vs an R1 IMO.
Not heard about that, I know they've been whinging about the superbikes and their current v-twin being at its absolute limit and only because of massive expenditure is it competitive at all (they say). They threatened to withdraw unless they were allowed more CC (1200 I think) and they got their wish, so expect the Duc's to be mega fast next year in Superbike too.

I don't see it as an unfair advantage. There were rules set out ages ago, the teams have all done their best, Duc's engine boys have done better so they're now reaping the rewards. Imagine how it must feel to be responsible for that Duc engine as you see it rocketing away from the Jap bikes. You can't penalise innovation and excellence by levelling out the field once it appears that one machine is better than another (as long as they've all been built within the regulations).

John 675
10-05-07, 12:49 PM
Not heard about that, I know they've been whinging about the superbikes and their current v-twin being at its absolute limit and only because of massive expenditure is it competitive at all (they say). They threatened to withdraw unless they were allowed more CC (1200 I think) and they got their wish, so expect the Duc's to be mega fast next year in Superbike too.

I don't see it as an unfair advantage. There were rules set out ages ago, the teams have all done their best, Duc's engine boys have done better so they're now reaping the rewards. Imagine how it must feel to be responsible for that Duc engine as you see it rocketing away from the Jap bikes. You can't penalise innovation and excellence by levelling out the field once it appears that one machine is better than another (as long as they've all been built within the regulations).

your probably right about the extra CC's, in the superbikes as it was a rumour i heard and probably got chinese whispered along the way. they would have to of had done it all under the regs wouldnt they.. just seems a little unfair to me but im a hardcore suzuki follower so im definatly biased against the DUC's lol,

Alpinestarhero
10-05-07, 07:49 PM
The engine size change for WSBK is to lower the costs of racing a duke V-twin; at the moment, you could prepare a WSBK race wining machine for £100,000 if you are clever. A competitive duke (i.e. the F06 or F07) is something like £250,000 to buy / lease and the price differance is kept in running costs. The rules at the moment allow more freeedom for tuning on twins for them to remain competitive, and the new rules will restrict the tuning but reduce the price of running a competitive twin in WSBK

Perosnally, I think its time a V4 made it back into the running...come on honda! a works RVF1000?

Matt

weazelz
10-05-07, 08:25 PM
your probably right about the extra CC's, in the superbikes as it was a rumour i heard and probably got chinese whispered along the way. they would have to of had done it all under the regs wouldnt they.. just seems a little unfair to me but im a hardcore suzuki follower so im definatly biased against the DUC's lol,
they're racing the 1098 in superstock this year, so I'd say that it's almost certain that it'll be in superbike next year. I wonder whether the crankcase is easily boreable/strokeable to 1200cc? ;-)

PeterM
12-05-07, 07:26 AM
The engine size change for WSBK is to lower the costs of racing a duke V-twin; at the moment, you could prepare a WSBK race wining machine for £100,000 if you are clever. A competitive duke (i.e. the F06 or F07) is something like £250,000 to buy / lease and the price differance is kept in running costs. The rules at the moment allow more freeedom for tuning on twins for them to remain competitive, and the new rules will restrict the tuning but reduce the price of running a competitive twin in WSBK

Perosnally, I think its time a V4 made it back into the running...come on honda! a works RVF1000?

Matt

Aprilia is already making a 1000cc v-4, due for release next year, I think.

Alpinestarhero
12-05-07, 08:37 AM
Aprilia is already making a 1000cc v-4, due for release next year, I think.

Really?!?

Well, sod buying an R1 if theres a V4 to be had

Matt