PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone GP-14th May

monkey
02-05-07, 04:19 PM
Anyone doing it?

If not anyone done it? Any tips would be great.

Also, what sort of hot and cold tyre pressures should I be aiming for?

:)

lukemillar
02-05-07, 04:28 PM
Hey,

Can't make this one - at Silverstone on the 17th May :wink: Did the GP last year and loved it! Such a long circuit and a lot of corners to learn. It never feels crowded, though don't be too surprised when you get absolutely nailed down Hangar straight. Little SV is no match for the sportsbikes here (corners are a different matter though).

Can't remember exactly what tyre pressures I ran on the SV, maybe 28f/30r on Z6's? Depends what rubber you're on, but there should be a tyre guy there to advise.

Have fun

Luke

Jelster
02-05-07, 04:29 PM
Ace circuit, nice and wide. Watch out for the fast guys on their litre sports bikes.

Some fantastic left hand bends just before the chicane complex. My favourite track... Wish I could be with you, but I'll be on a boat in the Med.... :smt089

monkey
02-05-07, 09:19 PM
It never feels crowded, though don't be too surprised when you get absolutely nailed down Hangar straight. Little SV is no match for the sportsbikes here (corners are a different matter though).

I won't be. I was nailed so many times at Brands! Although my plan is to start at the back and then hopefully I can go quick enough not to get lapped. Then I should have the whole track to myself! He he he

:)

monkey
02-05-07, 09:21 PM
Some fantastic left hand bends just before the chicane complex. My favourite track... Wish I could be with you, but I'll be on a boat in the Med.... :smt089

Time to scrub in the left hand chicken strips then eh?! Bet you'll be sobbing your heart out in the med. :smt116

monkey
14-05-07, 11:55 PM
Done it. Only 4 sessions due to the great British weather of which only one was what I'd call "dry".

Stayed shiny side up and loved it though.

:D