PDA

View Full Version : BMCRC - Brands Hatch 12-13 May

weazelz
12-05-07, 07:13 PM
went along today to see Blue_SV650S race in Dyna Pro Minitwins. I'll leave it up to him to advise of the results

edit: tell a a lie, I'll post this url (http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=205977) instead

Biker Biggles
13-05-07, 05:21 PM
I went on Saturday too,and it was certainly full of incident.Was the track more slippy than usual,or was the gusty wind the cause of so many crashes?
I didn't go today,as the rain got the better of me,so I watched the F1 on telly and got bored.I think someone overtook on lap one,but I wouldn't put money on it.

Blue_SV650S
13-05-07, 10:16 PM
What can I say? The highs and lows!

I could bleat on for ages, but I’ll try and kept it fairly concise :lol:!

Bearing in mind it had only ever been my trackday bike, I spent the whole of the Friday ‘preparing’ my bike to get it race ready … I didn’t sign onto practice, so its not like I missed out.

Race day :-

Have to say I expected a ‘warmup’ before qualifying, but nope, straight out for 15min qualifying!! Oh my … er .. hummm … perhaps I should have done the practice day!? :D

Anyhoo, qualified 6th, about 2tents off 2nd place, yep it was that tight!!! What I found frustrating on the day was that on my last lap I was on a ‘flyer’ and had the run on a bloke, but there was a yellow flag … so I couldn’t take him and had to back off … that ruined my chance of a better time! I think Mr 1st place had me, but I honestly think I had easily gone perhaps half a second quicker on that lap than the previous had I managed to completed it without having to back off and got 2nd … but we will never know … anyhoo, 6th is 2nd row … not too bad for somone that has never raced a minitwin!! :)

Ok so now race 1 … After qualifying and how cliose I was to 2nd place mans time, I had high hopes ... however it dawned on me that I had never actually done a race-start on that bike … ah … er …. Ohh …!! :D … Sure enough my worst fears came to light and I went backwards off the line, ending up in 9th after the first lap, I managed to work my way forward back to 6th, but in a 7 lap (~6 min) race, it’s not like you have time to do much!! (supersport MRO used to be double that number of laps, they obviously have changed the setup or it is just diff for MRO minitwins?!!?) :( Anyway 6th is ok, but bearing in mind I felt I had the pace to be much further up front given the chance, I was well peeved as I was only fire fighting … If only I could get off the line … oh and I held the 3rd fastest laptime of the race, which was the only positive …

Race 2 … an even more shocking start … finished 9th … although it hadn’t seemed that way in race one, I was getting annihilated on power in race two … I was getting passed at the end of every straight and then having to do a last of tha late-late bvreakers to hold my place … so again fire fighting and not able to get a clear run so I could get forward … it was also red-flagged after 5 laps, so I had even less chance … I felt 9th was rubbish … and the horsepower thing was soul destroying … I was to say the least very hacked off!!! :cry:

Sunday … warmup … it was wet wet wet … I had my wets on, but I realised they were not only un-scrubbed, but about 4 years old … oh and I have never ridden the SV on wets!! :D However, even though warmup was only 3 laps, the bike/tyres were feeling good … I did a 1:01 on my laptimer and felt given a few more laps and I could have slashed 3-5 seconds off that no-problems as I was barely trying!!

It was a few hours before my race and the weather changed its mind a few times!! … in the end however, it was torrential rain!! After a few half changes, I had plunged for my wets so all was well!

Sunday Race 1

I actually got off the line ok, holding my own-ish … felt real strong on the first few turns gaining on thems in front… . However, a couple of people up front went straight on at Surtees, one went straight down, the other ventured across the grass … cool, that means I am 5th on the opening lap, that’s more like it!!! :) I could be up for a podium here, the bike feels awesome, I am comfortable! Unfortunately for me, the grassy chap decided to try and re-join the circuit … but he dropped it just beforehand (presumably tried to start turning on the grass) … down he went, him and his bike launching across the track! I had nowhere to go and hit him … down I went!! … I was not a happy boy!! … my bike was only cosmetic and I was ok. Thankfully my bike landed on the other dude (I pulled it off him when we cam to a halt), so his @ss mostly save my bike presumably, at leat he did one thing right!!! :)

Back to the pits feeling a bit miserable about the whole weekend, at this point I had had enough and contemplated throwing in the towel and going home!!

I did stay however and the weather changed its mind a few more times and I was cloud watching and contemplating which tyres to use … I ended up taking a gamble and going for full drys …

Sunday Race 2 …

The track was dry, except for a river at the bottom of paddock hill!! Lethal …

Held my own on the start – great!! .. a couple of laps in a couple of the guys in front went off in the water at paddock in a big way .. red flag … it took a while to scrape them up and re-start, so my tyres were stone cold … I looked at the guys gridded in front of me and they were on either full wets or wet front dry-rear. The race had been reduced to 5 laps. I knew I couldn’t go banzi as I had cold tyres, and the other guys with wets could hit it hard pretty quick (faster warmup) but I also knew they would fade given a few laps … but was 5 enough to fad and for me to make back the deficit?!!?

Re-start, not bad away from line, I tried to push as hard as I dare and kept the lead bunch in sight, after a bout lap 2?? I was in 5th … sure enough on the last lap my tyres were giving me some more grip now they had heat (the front had been pushing to this point) ... I was gettign my head down ... and sure enough the guys in front were beginning to come towards me … one tried too hard into druids and his tyres gave way and he lost it … er … that means I am in 4th :) … I was right up the now 3rd place guys chuff and got the run on him into graham hill, I am having that you b-stard!! And block passed him up the inside … take that :) … I kept the pace to the line and got the 3rd. Happy with that!! But also gutted that I finished only 0.5 seconds behind the winner … give it another lap or two and I reckon I could have taken the win or at least 2nd!!!!!! :( But there you go!!

So all in all an eventful weekend, from the low point of my poor starts resulting in only a 6th and then a 9th, to a DNF, to a podium!! :)

I did waffle a bit and I said I wouldn’t but there you go, if you are still reading, hopefully it was worth the wait ;)

21QUEST
13-05-07, 10:27 PM
Congrats man. Good write up and worth the wait indeed ;) .

Who was your brolly gal again? :rolleyes: :)

Ben

21QUEST
13-05-07, 10:35 PM
utter ****e

That was his brolly gal? :rolleyes: ;)

Ben

weazelz
13-05-07, 10:50 PM
:notworthy: good work Nick. nice to see you on saturday & see how a club race meeting works. I'm feeling quite inspired to have a crack at clubman minitwins after that

Stu
14-05-07, 12:18 AM
That was his brolly gal? :rolleyes: ;)

Ben
Wife got upset I was reading so long and posted that.

Sorry :rolleyes:

I enjoyed it!

Stu
14-05-07, 12:21 AM
YOu said you were getting out HP'd, what bikes were you up against?

Blue_SV650S
14-05-07, 07:03 AM
YOu said you were getting out HP'd, what bikes were you up against?

They are ALL SV650s! But that doesn't mean they are all the same ;) Class max hp is 72, a stock curvy is about 10hp below that limit I've been told. :o I have put some later cams in mine to up HP a bit, but the engine had done best part of 40k before I got it, so new rings and valves re-seating would be nice!

I have never had apart (bar cams) or so much as near a dyno to see what it makes. There is still plenty of 'leagal' development that could be done (full race system, race filter and dynojet and dynotime) but it'll cost about a grand and I can't justify that!! :( Anyway, I would gustimate mine might be 64-66hp?!? 6-8hp (presuming they had ~72) is a massive deficit when you are talking tenths between front runners laptimes ... in that PM race I felt it ...

I actually wanted to get pulled for the random dyno-check they do for this class so I could see what my bike was producing - for free!! :lol:

Blue_SV650S
14-05-07, 07:13 AM
:notworthy: good work Nick. nice to see you on saturday & see how a club race meeting works. I'm feeling quite inspired to have a crack at clubman minitwins after that

Well, we looked at the clubman times and compared your trackday times ... you theoretically would have beat at least 6 or so!!! 8)

twonk
14-05-07, 12:44 PM
I actually wanted to get pulled for the random dyno-check they do for this class so I could see what my bike was producing - for free!! :lol:
They wont actually tell you (unless you pay) and they dont let you watch, they just tell you if its over or not when they test it.

I was also looking through some of your posts before about the racetech emulators, one pic i saw you had a space on the emulator... there shouldnt be one on top of the emulator, just the spring. Sorry if you havent set it up like that, i just thought i'd share :thumright:

I had a bad weekend, i blew my engine to bit's on sunday morning's race while i was in second (second rookie), engines out now and the rebuilt has begun!

James
#96 Clubman Minitwin's.

Blue_SV650S
14-05-07, 01:39 PM
Supposedly you just go to the race office and ask to see the print-out there - as that is where they end up ;)

As for emulators, thanks for telling me NOW!! :( :D

Anyway, I presume you are talking about the big one that sits under the main spring, not the little emulator preload washer?!? Looking on the PDQ website there is a nice 'splice' pic of an emulator installed http://www.pdq1.com/rtgvem.jpg ... looks like one should be there to me ... phew!! ;) If there wasn't, presumably the spring would damage the softer emulator?

Stu
14-05-07, 02:12 PM
So after all your trials & tribulations, how did it compare to a track day?
I guess there's no prizes involved?

DanF
14-05-07, 03:56 PM
Good to meet you on Saturday, glad you got a podium finish in the end. Are you going to enter more races with the SV?

twonk
14-05-07, 04:54 PM
Supposedly you just go to the race office and ask to see the print-out there - as that is where they end up ;)

As for emulators, thanks for telling me NOW!! :( :D

Anyway, I presume you are talking about the big one that sits under the main spring, not the little emulator preload washer?!? Looking on the PDQ website there is a nice 'splice' pic of an emulator installed http://www.pdq1.com/rtgvem.jpg ... looks like one should be there to me ... phew!! ;) If there wasn't, presumably the spring would damage the softer emulator?

Nah they dont do print out's, its just a straight run and if it passes then your off on your merry way, if it doesnt then you get sent to the office and then they get a print out. 5 of the guys in our race got caught at cadwell.

As for the washer.. doesnt say much about it in the racetech instructions (even though they arent worth the paper they are written on really) And they give you two in the spring kit for either end of the spacer. But your right that pic does look like there is one there. When they spupply the rods and emulator kit from traxxion they dont put an extra washer in, you'd have to use the old one from between the spacer and spring, the std rods dont have a washer on the rod/spring. I would of thought it restricted the emulator a bit but if it works for you then keep it :thumright: Could be a helping create a bit more rebound which can only be a good thing on these forks!

Blue_SV650S
14-05-07, 05:25 PM
So after all your trials & tribulations, how did it compare to a track day?
I guess there's no prizes involved?

Apart from being on a bike on track, I think that is where the similarity ends …

You don’t get a prize, no, you do get a trophy 8) and championship points though!

Good to meet you on Saturday, glad you got a podium finish in the end. Are you going to enter more races with the SV?

I have no desire to do any more rounds, I may ‘wildcard’ another at some point like I did this one, I wouldn’t rule it out! But I have got a lot of other interests and racing full-time just takes up all available funds and time!! I am not prepared to sacrifice everything else for it any more.

That said, I’d be more tempted to give it another one off crack if I find a ‘zorst’ and BMC race filter & dynojet kit off eBay cheap enough in an aim to get the hp up a bit more. But another thing that puts me off (and this wont change) is that now the MRO races are like the old club races used to be … i.e. too short …. If the races were longer then perhaps I'd be more intrested, but a short race like that is almost decided in the opening lap, it is certainly heavily determined by it! I’d love to have a race that was 20-30 laps like the pros as I get stronger as the race goes on and I get to pick them off one by one!! 8)

But I knew all these shortcomings already, I only did this one as I saw that the times at the opening rounds looked to be within my grasp (extrapolating from my trackday times). I was a bit concerned that times might have plummeted now everyone else had done a few rounds, especially as I was going in totally cold … I was wondering if I was going to regret not doing the opening round hence striking them at their weakest …

Anyway, having now competed in the Dyna Pro, I have proven my point to myself that everything else being equal, I am capable of running at the front of the MRO minitwins pack, I had speculated inside and was fairly convinced, but that’s all I wanted to confirm. I have also proven to myself I haven’t gone too soft :lol: it’s easy to get a god complex and just plain sloppy when you are just trackdaying!! ;)

BTW the bike was well cool on the NEW tyres (supercorsa’s) … that was the first time I had ever ridden my SV with new tyres and it felt so much more sure footed! 8) … I had been doing mid 53s on trackdays but on 2nd hand - well worn tyres. From experience I know fresh tyres make a hell of a difference and to be honest, found my fastest recorded lap of 52.28? came pretty easy on good rubber and with some incentive! I thought low 52s might be the case, but again I wanted to make sure and only new tyres and some incentive was going to make it happen … that or some extra neds under the tank!! ;) :D I’d like to think I could sink into the 51s if the opportunity arose …

Bearing in mind I traveled up on Thursday arvo and returned sat night, I spent about 80hrs in all doing this. And I physically had ~18 laps so ~15 mins of actual racing so 79.75hrs of doing other stuff, prolly at least 40 of them simply being bored or asleep!! … and spent ~£600 … if you include the damage to my lid and bike – its gonna come to over a grand … so ~£1000 and 80hrs away for ~15mins … and I was doing it on the cheap not doing the practice day etc …

I already knew this is the case but it just seems stupid when you put it on paper!! :lol: Like I said I have other interests now and happy just doing the trackdays which are much better VFM if you consider tracktime and hanging around time!!

Finally :oops: … I still have a bag full of if’s and but’s and felt a bit cheated on the Sat as I just got such shocking starts, mostly where I had never done one on the SV before and not done one for a long time full stop ... coupled with short races - never got the opportunity to challenge for the front, which I felt I was capable of on the day had the cards fallen differently. I suppose you could say that bearing in mind this was my first ever minitwins race, and it was at the top minitwin level, I shouldn't set such high goals for myself, but that's not me!! ;) Anyway I kinda answered my own questions more clearly and have an 07 trophy to add to my now ageing collection, and thus happy to draw a line (for now … :lol:).

Anyhoo, if you are not asleep yet, here’s a little pic I just found … its not a particularly s3xy photo (the only one online I have found so far, there should be a few popping up on the net over the next few days), but here is a pic of Blue_ and his poor tatty looking Yella SV … and yes, it looked like that before the crash, and believe it or not, that was its better side!! :lol: http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/gallery/BEMSEE_and_MRO_Nationwide_Championships_Brands_Hat ch_120507_AE_9817.jpg

Nah they dont do print out's, its just a straight run and if it passes then your off on your merry way, if it doesnt then you get sent to the office and then they get a print out. 5 of the guys in our race got caught at cadwell.

As for the washer.. doesnt say much about it in the racetech instructions (even though they arent worth the paper they are written on really) And they give you two in the spring kit for either end of the spacer. But your right that pic does look like there is one there. When they spupply the rods and emulator kit from traxxion they dont put an extra washer in, you'd have to use the old one from between the spacer and spring, the std rods dont have a washer on the rod/spring. I would of thought it restricted the emulator a bit but if it works for you then keep it :thumright: Could be a helping create a bit more rebound which can only be a good thing on these forks!

Fair enough, its only what I was told by some minitwin-ers ... lying gets :smt081

Who knows, I didn't put it there, it was put there when they were first built (professionally). After making a few adjustments, I just put them back together as they came apart!! :thumright: I'd be interested in seeing if you are getting wear on your emulator surface :smt017

northwind
15-05-07, 04:24 PM
Perfect preperation prevents **** poor performance Mr Blue :smt019 But for someone coming out of retirement on a bike made of baling twine, that seems not bad at all. I'm sure there were worse bikes out there than yours, going by pics I've seen of the minitwins fields, but still. You sound a bit miffed but I don't reckon most people would be, especiayyl with the lack of prep.

They are ALL SV650s! But that doesn't mean they are all the same ;) Class max hp is 72, a stock curvy is about 10hp below that limit I've been told. :o I have put some later cams in mine to up HP a bit, but the engine had done best part of 40k before I got it, so new rings and valves re-seating would be nice!

THAT depends very much on what the calibration dyno is, still never got a straight answer on that one... Though I'm thinking since this is the Dyna Pro minitwins there's a clue in the name? :) 72bhp on a dynapro is a fair bit more than on a DJ200, which is what I've been led to believe was used for most minitwins.

Tell you what, if you promise not to crash I'll lend you my spare race system and tweak your carbs to suit ;)

Blue_SV650S
15-05-07, 08:02 PM
Perfect preperation prevents **** poor performance Mr Blue :smt019 But for someone coming out of retirement on a bike made of baling twine, that seems not bad at all. I'm sure there were worse bikes out there than yours, going by pics I've seen of the minitwins fields, but still. You sound a bit miffed but I don't reckon most people would be, especiayyl with the lack of prep.

Tell you what, if you promise not to crash I'll lend you my spare race system and tweak your carbs to suit ;)

To be fair, I only signed up for it about 5 days before I was set to go ... so it's not like I had made a decision and then just been lazy with prep!! :D

My bike prep mostly consisted of making it 'legal', by taking things like the sidestand off and lockwiring stuff and re-fitting the retard wires... I actually managed to take ~3kg off it by simply unbolting/removing total junk ... like the horn!! :lol: I could have taken the fan off too, and get my hacksaw out on the rear sub-frame etc etc, but couldn't be bothered!! :D

And yes, I could have done the practice day so qualifying wasn't the first time I had straddled the bike for a while, but the race start thing was a total oversight and the practice day would still not have helped that as you don't do them. Had I thought about it prior I would have gone down my favorite industrial estate one evening!! :D

To be honest on the day I didn't even know if the clutch would take a race start ... :D

As for the zorst, thanks for the offer, but I can't guarantee that I wouldn't crash ... lets face it, I tarmac surfed this time ... and consequently have scrapes all over mine, which prior to that was the only new thing (bar the shock) on the bike :cry: !! :D

And no, if I know I am capable of riding strong enough to get on the podium, I am not happy if/when I don't!! ;) ... I was a rit' miserable get' and sulked all Sat night!! :lol:

Blue_SV650S
16-05-07, 09:35 AM
So I miss one (Me on the right just entering pic in first one) ...

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=pbhs0688.jpg

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=pbhs0689.jpg

Note guy on grass on RHS of pic ...

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=pbhs0690.jpg

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=pbhs0691.jpg

They didn't get him going down where he tried to re-join ... but this is mid my crash!!! .... At least the bike had a soft landing!! :)

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=rdhu4436.jpg

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=rdhu4437.jpg

Some normal 'action' pics - a Sat race!

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=10&image=pbh20355.jpg

Last race Sunday i.e. after AM DNF -

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/BZ_shop.asp?event=DH&gallery=22&image=pbhs2356.jpg

rigor
16-05-07, 10:06 AM
Northwind! Don't lend him your system, he's going to get it scratched just going round corners!

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/images/bzone/DH/10/images/pbh20355.jpg

lukemillar
16-05-07, 01:04 PM
Northwind! Don't lend him your system, he's going to get it scratched just going round corners!

http://www.racing-line-photography.com/images/bzone/DH/10/images/pbh20355.jpg

That's a really nice shot!

Blue_SV650S
16-05-07, 01:39 PM
That's a really nice shot!

Bearing in mind I usually have my toe down round that corner, he has caught it a fractionally early or a fractionally late in the turn to get me at max lean ;) I'd have bought it had he got me at max lean!! :|

Still there should be some other photos to come from diff photographers :-$ So I might get a 'keeper' yet 8)

Still a really good shot though, great from a photography point of view!! 8)

Blue_SV650S
18-05-07, 12:41 PM
more pics ... paddock hill this time ... :)

http://www.djg-photography.co.uk/BH_12-13may07/Sat/Race%2020/pages/BH_120507_R20-037.htm

rigor
18-05-07, 01:08 PM
It's interesting looking at your pics, you seem to follow the Rossi approach to head position, looking more down at the ground than ahead, like the other guys in the last shot.

Is this what you're doing, or are you actually looking far ahead, but with you head down ?(if that makes sense)

Blue_SV650S
18-05-07, 01:18 PM

I have no idea, I don’t consciously 'do' anything, I just do it!! :lol:

But that's paddock hill ... you can't tell from pic, but it's like going off the end of the earth ... I probably AM looking at the track ahead!! :lol:

Blue_SV650S
18-05-07, 08:23 PM
Here's a pick of me up somones chuff :lol:

http://www.djg-photography.co.uk/BH_12-13may07/Sat/Race%208/pages/BH_120507_R8-046.htm

Toe down round Paddock Hill whilst up someones pipe ... that is pretty 8) even if I do say so myself :smt098 :D

BTW I really really had no confidence in how the guy on that green bike was riding!! He nearly had me and a few other bikes off with some of his moves during the Sat races, very erratic rider! :smt119

Blue_SV650S
21-05-07, 07:08 PM
I know no one else is interested :cry: :D ... but I’ll post these latest pics I found on the net up anyway!! :D

That’s me at the back of this shot … #49 … looks like I am in 6th … OMG it’s tight!! :shock: … if only I was 20ft further forward!! :D

http://www.swaffs.co.uk/index.gallery.php?gid=275&img=18

Looks like I am pretty tight on the bloke on the silver bike - me on yella one (you can only see the side of my fairing) ... took me a while to work out where my head was!! :D

http://www.swaffs.co.uk/index.gallery.php?gid=275&img=30

I might have to buy this one :)

http://www.swaffs.co.uk/index.gallery.php?gid=275&img=35

weazelz
21-05-07, 09:09 PM
MRO Championship points (http://www.bemsee.net/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=60&Itemid=40) - 16th in championship after one meeting - not too shabby :-)

got you entry in yet for Lydden on 16th June?

Stu
22-05-07, 09:43 AM
MRO Championship points (http://www.bemsee.net/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=60&Itemid=40) - 16th in championship after one meeting - not too shabby :-)

I bought some stuff from Simon Peyto (2nd in championship) he was at Frith St on Friday but couldn't stay long.

Blue_SV650S
22-05-07, 03:35 PM

Not 10 days after saying 'that's it for me for now' and just the mention of Lydden sets off a spark!! :smt045 :lol:

weazelz
22-05-07, 03:57 PM
Not 10 days after saying 'that's it for me for now' and just the mention of Lydden sets off a spark!! :smt045 :lol:

why do you think I asked? ;) :rolleyes:

Biker Biggles
22-05-07, 05:13 PM
Nice lot of pics.Keep em coming.:thumbsup:

Blue_SV650S
22-05-07, 06:39 PM
why do you think I asked? ;) :rolleyes:

My head says no!!, my heart say 'go-on, make it so!!' :roll: :lol:

Luckily my head is ruling at the mo!! :smt045 :farao:

Nice lot of pics.Keep em coming.:thumbsup:

Yeay, someone actually cares!! :oops: 8) :D

Alpinestarhero
24-05-07, 12:26 PM
Blue is my new racing hero :D

To me, it seems that the Steve Jordan effort is the nearest thing to a factory ride

Would you ever consider doing superstock, blue?

Matt

Blue_SV650S
24-05-07, 09:04 PM
Blue is my new racing hero :D

To me, it seems that the Steve Jordan effort is the nearest thing to a factory ride

Would you ever consider doing superstock, blue?

Matt

LoL, I wouldn't go that far :smt005

Are there any 'Steve Jordan' owned/run bikes out there in MRO/Dynapro then??? There was one bike in that sort of livery out there I noticed, but I am not sure if it is actually fully sponsored/run/built by SJ or just some dude with a SJ painjob?? All I know is that the rider sounded a bit of a t1t!!! :D

As for superstock, mibbie if someone else would pay for it all I'd consider!! :D ... but lets face it, that is not going to happen!!! :sad: If I am honest, a sponsor would be better off sponsoring some spotty yoof (or better still 3-4 guys I have come across in my time that I feel are truly talented) anyway!! :-#

Also if I am honest with myself, I really don’t have the passion for it any more anyway to commit as fully as I'd need ... perhaps my attitude might change if I had a team backing me and a competitive bike mind?!!? :-k It doesn't take me much to get all keen again :lol: I just don't have the energy to be a DIY team. :sad:

Blue_SV650S
29-05-07, 09:20 AM
Not 10 days after saying 'that's it for me for now' and just the mention of Lydden sets off a spark!! :smt045 :lol:why do you think I asked? ;) :rolleyes:

How weak am I?!!? :smt011 :D ... I actually looked up the date/class matrix of Lydden just now - 'just to see' ... ya know ... :oops: ... fortunately (I suppose) DynaPro aren't running there ... that was lucky :o

I could always do Clubman!! :smt106

chunkytfg
29-05-07, 12:53 PM
LoL, I wouldn't go that far :smt005

Are there any 'Steve Jordan' owned/run bikes out there in MRO/Dynapro then??? There was one bike in that sort of livery out there I noticed, but I am not sure if it is actually fully sponsored/run/built by SJ or just some dude with a SJ painjob?? All I know is that the rider sounded a bit of a t1t!!! :D

As for superstock, mibbie if someone else would pay for it all I'd consider!! :D ... but lets face it, that is not going to happen!!! :sad: If I am honest, a sponsor would be better off sponsoring some spotty yoof (or better still 3-4 guys I have come across in my time that I feel are truly talented) anyway!! :-#

Also if I am honest with myself, I really don’t have the passion for it any more anyway to commit as fully as I'd need ... perhaps my attitude might change if I had a team backing me and a competitive bike mind?!!? :-k It doesn't take me much to get all keen again :lol: I just don't have the energy to be a DIY team. :sad:

Ladies and Gentleman can i present Chris Northover

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/chunky666/ChrisNorthover.jpg

4 wins at Pembrey.

And he isnt a 'bit of a t1t'. He's just a really happy 20 year old who enjoys what he does.

Blue_SV650S
29-05-07, 02:28 PM

Yep that must be him!! :rolleyes: The bike does look smart in that livery, a pointy in a gixer K4 fairing right?!?!!! 8) Is he fully sponsored by SJ? :smt102

As for that pic, surely that is just more proof he is a bit of a t1t!! i.e. not only does he talk t3sticles on the grid :D (which lets face it is harmless enough) … but he pulls dangerous moves like that*!! :smt011

I've seen a few pileups where someone starts stunting on a cool down lap and another person rams them …

JPS (who is one of thems I do believe IS truly talented) got disqualified once coz he did a burnout, cool thing is I got promoted to 2nd (or was it a win!?) coz of that!! :mrgreen:

*Presuming that stoppie was done on a cool down lap?! It’s a good stopie, just out of place at a club meet where accidents are all to commonplace as it is!! :smt011

chunkytfg
29-05-07, 03:13 PM
Yep that must be him!! :rolleyes: The bike does look smart in that livery, a pointy in a gixer K4 fairing right?!?!!! 8) Is he fully sponsored by SJ? :smt102

Satelite team i suppose you'd call him. The only official riders are steve and sarah themselves. Myself, Chris, and paul are all satelite teams.

As for that pic, surely that is just more proof he is a bit of a t1t!! i.e. not only does he talk t3sticles on the grid :D (which lets face it is harmless enough) … but he pulls dangerous moves like that*!! :smt011

Depends on your opinion of dangerous. The stoppie was pulled at the end of the start finish straight leading into a tight hairpin so there wont be anyone piling in quick enough to not get out the way. that and the fact he had best part of 4 secs on the 2nd place guy so plenty of room to do it.

Blue_SV650S
29-05-07, 04:04 PM

So how far does the ‘sponsorship’ go for satellite teams? If you don’t want to reveal it, that’s ok, just curious now someone else mentioned it ;)

Here is a pic with the pair of us from Brands, oh look, here is stunting again!! :smt011 :smt043 Stunting (http://www.swaffs.co.uk/psg.image.comping.php?file=L3Zhci93d3cvaHRtbC9yZXN vdXJjZXMvbGlicmFyeS9SUzdCSDA1LUQtUHJvLzYzMHg2MzAvU 3dhZmZzLUJIMDUwNy0zOTgxLmpwZw==&)

Me and the other riders have clearly seen him this time, so nothing came of it, but that's not the point ... if JPS got disqualified for stunting, EVERYONE should!! :smt011

Leave stunts to abandoned car parks and MotoGP races where they belong!! ;)

chunkytfg
29-05-07, 04:21 PM
So how far does the ‘sponsorship’ go for satellite teams? If you don’t want to reveal it, that’s ok, just curious now someone else mentioned it ;)

No Comment

Here is a pic with the pair of us, oh look, here is stunting again!! :smt011 :smt043 Stunting (http://www.swaffs.co.uk/psg.image.comping.php?file=L3Zhci93d3cvaHRtbC9yZXN vdXJjZXMvbGlicmFyeS9SUzdCSDA1LUQtUHJvLzYzMHg2MzAvU 3dhZmZzLUJIMDUwNy0zOTgxLmpwZw==&)

Me and the other riders have clearly seen him this time, so nothing came of it, but that's not the point ... if JPS got disqualified for stunting, EVERYONE should!! :smt011

Leave stunts to abandoned car parks and MotoGP races where they belong!! ;)

As well as everyone should get penalised to jump starts and overtaking under yellows. doesnt mean it does though does it?

Blue_SV650S
29-05-07, 07:49 PM
As well as everyone should get penalised to jump starts and overtaking under yellows. doesnt mean it does though does it?

So are you agreeing with me that people that stunt (if caught) should be punished - like you do if you get a jump start/yellow flag infringement, Shirley not!?? :smt043

Like I said, keep the stunts to carparks where they belong, we don't need to be scraping even more people off the tarmac for no good reason!! :smt064 :D

twonk
15-06-07, 10:58 AM
Blue_SV650S (http://forums.sv650.org/member.php?u=3855) - do you realise you come across as a condersending know it all? If Chris wants to celebrate then he is allowed, who are you to tell him he shouldn't? Your allowed your view by all means but calling him a tit when he is quite clearly in control of his bike is a bit out of order and to me just seems like you are jealous. Your not the clerk of the course so keep your mouth shut if you cant say anything without bad mouthing someone, you wont make any friends in the paddock doing that, even if you do it in your little internet forum.

The only people i have heard of getting disqualified for wheelies after a race is two idiots who where doing wheelies when a race had been stopped and the red flags where out, that was at brands at the start of the year.

Blue_SV650S
15-06-07, 09:06 PM
Blue_SV650S (http://forums.sv650.org/member.php?u=3855) - do you realise you come across as a condersending know it all? If Chris wants to celebrate then he is allowed, who are you to tell him he shouldn't? Your allowed your view by all means but calling him a tit when he is quite clearly in control of his bike is a bit out of order and to me just seems like you are jealous. Your not the clerk of the course so keep your mouth shut if you cant say anything without bad mouthing someone, you wont make any friends in the paddock doing that, even if you do it in your little internet forum.

The only people i have heard of getting disqualified for wheelies after a race is two idiots who where doing wheelies when a race had been stopped and the red flags where out, that was at brands at the start of the year.

twonk (http://forums.sv650.org/member.php?u=6196) wind your neck in dude ;)

Stand down the defensive shields for a moment and read it again (what is it with you lot and your over defensiveness?? :rolleyes:) ... all I initially said was what a nice bike it was etc etc even that was in response to what someone else said - and that I had no idea who he was, but all I know is that he sounded a bit of a tit .. that was solely based on the first and only time I have ever heard him speak ... i.e. what he was SAYING whilst on the grid (well sitting about waiting for a restart) he was talking total te5ticles!! to be fair, I think he knew it too?!!! :D) ... I really REALLY don't/didn't care who he was, why would I? ;) its just another bike ... its only when Chunky showed a pic of him stunting did I then get start to go on a pet :rant: about me thinking stunting being inappropriate at a club meet as it is potentially dangerous … it irritates me when people do it and JPS got disqualified for doing a burnout!!! :cool: Its not like he wasn't in control at the time ;) Bottom line, there is far too much scraping up and delays as there is, lets not invite any more potential for it!!

I still stand by my statement of thinking stunting is inappropriate at club meets and that it SHOULDN’T be allowed!!! That is my opinion and that is hardly being know it all!!

Oh and why exactly would I be jealous??

SV650Racer
16-06-07, 03:16 PM

Spot on. Blue calling Chris a TIT is bang out of order and your comments have started now to sound very condesending.

Chris i have known for a few years now and has raced at a high level previously, comming back to minitwins due to lack of funds now he is a student working for Triumph. He is one of the kindest and best riders there is in the paddock at present. We decided to support Chris as he is an up and comming talent that deserves a decent bit of help. He is also a good advocate for the sport, being a very approachable character that gets on with everyone he meets.

His stoppie was FYI done after the race ended. Chris would never put anyone in danger either.

So please stop the derogatory remarks about people just because you dont agree with what they do or say.

and in your response to Twonk you said that you didnt mean it and that you only said he "sounded a bit of a tit" - then why in your next post say this: "surely that is just more proof he is a bit of a t1t.".

A few people who race with Chris have read your comments (thats how i found this) and have asked me to make you aware that you are out of order and that your comments should be deleted..as it doesnt do this talented rider any favours.

I am gobsmacked..even if Chris wasnt a friend i would say the same. Same as we havent always seen eye to eye - if it was someone else posting what you have said it would still get the same response..you just dont slag off others without knowing them or actually what they did.

I can say no more. Dont bother trying to justify what you have said or that you didnt mean it. Whats been said has been said.

Blue_SV650S
16-06-07, 07:33 PM

Er, context/interpretation of what I wrote aside, why am I not allowed to think the bloke (or anyone for that matter) is a t1t*?? Why is that ‘BANG OUT OF ORDER’??? ... What to have formed my OWN first impression of someone??? You can't be suggesting that surely?? :smt102

At what point am I allowed to have my own opinion, when it conforms with yours?? Or perhaps when I have known the bloke for a number of years, not just a brief overheard conversation and a couple of pictures??? I really really can’t believe you are suggesting that??

Does this mean you (and/or "people that race with Chris") are not allowed an opinion of ME - formed on what brief conversation you hear/read I wonder?? ;)

*which lets face it is probably one of the mildest things to say :D

SV650Racer
18-06-07, 09:02 AM
Its not your opinion thats the problem- you are allowed them...it was the fact that your opinion labelled him a TIT on a public forum, not even knowing the guy and then accuse him of being dangerous on track.

You need to see that sometimes opinions should be kept to ones self or not rammed down peoples throats just because their opnion differs.

It came over very condesending and holier than thou.

Its not the done thing to call someone a TIT without knowing them, especially on a forum and you know it.

Blue_SV650S
18-06-07, 09:19 AM
I am sure many people think I am a bit of a t1t!! So what?? :D

I’d only get annoyed if people ‘accused’ me of something that I simply didn’t do ... or was particularly offensive for no good reason. I called him a t1t, not a mass murderer or a r4pist :p

I presume we are referring to his stunting?? I think stunting has massive potential for trouble (seen it happen, nearly had it happen to me), he clearly regularly stunts (photos). Therefore he does an act that in my opinion has the potential for trouble, where is the accusation? Can you form a constructive counter argument that proves that stunting is 100% safe?

That and you adding your bit saying he is actually a really nice chap when you get to know him would be a lot more constructive than lashing out at me!! ;)