PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch Indy-13th June

monkey
16-05-07, 12:36 AM
Anyone doing it? Bit wary about it being the 13th but at least it's not a Friday!

While I'm here any seasoned riders care to write me a guide to the track? Have been there before but am really a complete novice. I have issues with Clark curve and it's funny camber and Graham Hill bend and the approach although I understand they have changed it a wee bit. Anyone been before and after they changed it?

:)

lukemillar
16-05-07, 08:02 AM
Anyone doing it? Bit wary about it being the 13th but at least it's not a Friday!

While I'm here any seasoned riders care to write me a guide to the track? Have been there before but am really a complete novice. I have issues with Clark curve and it's funny camber and Graham Hill bend and the approach although I understand they have changed it a wee bit. Anyone been before and after they changed it?

:)

Don't think Graham Hill bend has changed in many years - it used to be a lot faster and more of a sweeping left, that would come closer to where the barriers are now, but that was a long time ago.

monkey
16-05-07, 08:04 AM
Probably got the wrong end of the stick then!

in_your way_racing
29-05-07, 10:28 AM
I should be there on the 13th, as long as i survive on thursday at Brands !!(31 May)

Can just about manage 56 seconds around the Indy circuit, considering the mini twin seris leaders whizz around in low 53's, is pretty average.

I only have trouble at Paddock, keep braking to early. Graham hill i take in 3rd at about 9k on the rev counter but i know it can be taken much faster.

all in the mind!!

good luck, hope to see you there

monkey
29-05-07, 05:21 PM
I should be there on the 13th, as long as i survive on thursday at Brands !!(31 May)

Can just about manage 56 seconds around the Indy circuit, considering the mini twin seris leaders whizz around in low 53's, is pretty average.

I only have trouble at Paddock, keep braking to early. Graham hill i take in 3rd at about 9k on the rev counter but i know it can be taken much faster.

all in the mind!!

good luck, hope to see you there

Reckon I'm nearer the 1 minute 56 second lap! How fast is 3rd at about 9k revs then? I was fine at first but then I got worse and found it too scary braking whilst coming down the hill. I even went over the grass on one lap cos someone cut me up and I lost my nerve! Only done three track days though so far and out of them only had about 6 proper dry sessions.

What bike you gonna be on? How many days you done?

Oh and by the way welcome! :cheers:

in_your way_racing
30-05-07, 03:37 PM
Reckon I'm nearer the 1 minute 56 second lap! How fast is 3rd at about 9k revs then? I was fine at first but then I got worse and found it too scary braking whilst coming down the hill. I even went over the grass on one lap cos someone cut me up and I lost my nerve! Only done three track days though so far and out of them only had about 6 proper dry sessions.

What bike you gonna be on? How many days you done?

Oh and by the way welcome! :cheers:

i'm on a SV.

Its got gsxr 1000 fairing.

Not sure how fast 3rd gear at 9k is. Speedo has been disabled. the bike has been race preped by SDC.:D

And thank you!!:notworthy: right back at ya

weazelz
30-05-07, 04:10 PM
Not sure how fast 3rd gear at 9k is
9k in 3rd on standard S gearing is ~80mph

monkey
30-05-07, 11:21 PM
9k in 3rd on standard S gearing is ~80mph

Er what what?! EH?! Oh dear. I must be doing something terribly wrong. Although to be fair a geezer had a nasty high side when I was there so that put the wind up me.

While I think about it can either of you talk me through Clark curve and onto the straight cos I'm dead nervous about the off camber there and just don't know when to get on the gas or how hard-come to think of it I don't know how much to give it out of any corner. How can I tell without the back going?

DanF
01-06-07, 01:45 PM
Are you doing the day or evening slot? Looks like the evening one has booked out already but some left in the day.