PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham National - BH Monday 28th May

weazelz
22-05-07, 12:14 PM
anyone fancy it? doesn't seem too booked up yet:

http://www.hottrax-online.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_45_113&products_id=15116

I think I'll book thurs/fri depending on the weather forecast

Blue_SV650S
22-05-07, 03:34 PM
anyone fancy it? doesn't seem too booked up yet:

http://www.hottrax-online.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_45_113&products_id=15116

I think I'll book thurs/fri depending on the weather forecast

Give us a shout when you have made a decision :)

weazelz
22-05-07, 04:34 PM
booked into inter's

Blue_SV650S
22-05-07, 06:42 PM
booked into inter's

My car has just failed its MOT .. its gonna be a bit costly as it is new discs and pads ... :smt104

I could still go, but with £hundreds about to go out on the car, common sense should really come into play a bit here and I should sacrifice a trackday to offset the cost a bit ... :roll:

weazelz
22-05-07, 07:07 PM
well, I'm going anyway now. by "car" do you mean "van"?

anyway, if you can't make it I'll just see you at Lydden on the 16th instead :cool:

Blue_SV650S
22-05-07, 07:21 PM
well, I'm going anyway now. by "car" do you mean "van"?

anyway, if you can't make it I'll just see you at Lydden on the 16th instead :cool:

No, I do mean my c4r ... the van MOT is Jan, so it's not like I physically couldn't go to the-rock as the van is ok! 8)

I might still go, but I am just rilling from the pain of the imminent MOT/repair costs ... the cambelt is due too ... as are a pair of rear tyres ... :smt088

As for Lydden, stop it weazely-one!! :-s

lukemillar
22-05-07, 10:38 PM
No, I do mean my c4r ... the van MOT is Jan, so it's not like I physically couldn't go to the-rock as the van is ok! 8)

I might still go, but I am just rilling from the pain of the imminent MOT/repair costs ... the cambelt is due too ... as are a pair of rear tyres ... :smt088

As for Lydden, stop it weazely-one!! :-s

Going to have to pass on this one - Mallory on saturday, then at Silverstone watching superbikes on sunday - would mean having to stay an extra night up there, plus i'll be absolutely knackered!

weazelz
26-05-07, 08:36 PM
weather forecast for monday is not looking good - I can only play with my wets for so long :-(

Blue_SV650S
27-05-07, 08:47 AM
Dunno what it was when you saw it, but it looks ok now :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2843

weazelz
27-05-07, 10:12 AM
it's looking a bit better now - last night it said "heavy rain". damn, maybe I won't get to try my wets after all ;-)

Blue_SV650S
27-05-07, 10:43 AM
it's looking a bit better now - last night it said "heavy rain". damn, maybe I won't get to try my wets after all ;-)

I was well miffed that after all that effort getting tyres swapped about, fog-city, foggy mask etc etc then getting all keyed up ready for wet race, feeling all fired up, then I got punted off on the first lap ... and the final race was dry!!! So I never got to use my wets for real either :cry: :D

Have you got them on your spare rims yet?? and at least yours were free, so even if it is only 'damp' then it doesn't matter if you chew thm up!! ;)

weazelz
28-05-07, 03:35 PM
bloody hell, that was wetter than an otter's pocket

decided not to be a wuss, so stuck my wets on & got ready. discovered that Rockingham starts at 10am on BH's & that I could have had an extra hour in bed :-(

we got three or maybe four sessions before lunch - not quite sure which since *every* session got red-flagged with people going down. some n0bh34d managed to lose it on the *first* corner on the *first* lap of one session. rather frustrating. but was getting a feel for the wets & rather enjoying it, along with trying out some of my superbike school skills. nowhere near knee-down in the wet yet, but a dramatic improvement on my usual wet performance of tiptoeing around or hiding in the garage. was finally getting a bit of a rythmn going in the last session before lunch when the front cylinder died on me from the wet. did another lap to see if it would come back to life, but decided that I didn't really want it coming back mid-corner so dediced to come in, by which time it was red-flagged again anyway ... gah

the rain kept coming down harder through lunch & after lunch they suspended sessions. since it really didn't look like stopping raining, let alone drying out, I decided to cut my losses and head home

didn't crash though. which made a pleasant change from some of my recent outings :D

lukemillar
28-05-07, 04:36 PM
bloody hell, that was wetter than an otter's pocket

decided not to be a wuss, so stuck my wets on & got ready. discovered that Rockingham starts at 10am on BH's & that I could have had an extra hour in bed :-(

we got three or maybe four sessions before lunch - not quite sure which since *every* session got red-flagged with people going down. some n0bh34d managed to lose it on the *first* corner on the *first* lap of one session. rather frustrating. but was getting a feel for the wets & rather enjoying it, along with trying out some of my superbike school skills. nowhere near knee-down in the wet yet, but a dramatic improvement on my usual wet performance of tiptoeing around or hiding in the garage. was finally getting a bit of a rythmn going in the last session before lunch when the front cylinder died on me from the wet. did another lap to see if it would come back to life, but decided that I didn't really want it coming back mid-corner so dediced to come in, by which time it was red-flagged again anyway ... gah

the rain kept coming down harder through lunch & after lunch they suspended sessions. since it really didn't look like stopping raining, let alone drying out, I decided to cut my losses and head home

didn't crash though. which made a pleasant change from some of my recent outings :D

That sucks, though if it was anything like it was up at silverstone yesterday, then I'm not surprised. At least you got to try out the wets and didn't crash!

Blue_SV650S
28-05-07, 04:52 PM

I wanna play with my wets now I have put them on my wheels!!! :cry: At least it sounds like it was proper wet therefore the tyres will be in the correct conditions ... there is nothing worse than 'damp' :)

Will they be issuing a credit not for time lost?

Oh and as a tip, duct-tape another set of sliders on the first set 'doubling up' ... kneedown is easy then and if you are like me and need to use your knee as a measure, it fills you with confidence instantly. 8)

weazelz
28-05-07, 05:22 PM
I wanna play with my wets now I have put them on my wheels!!! :cry: At least it sounds like it was proper wet therefore the tyres will be in the correct conditions ... there is nothing worse than 'damp' :)

Will they be issuing a credit not for time lost?

Oh and as a tip, duct-tape another set of sliders on the first set 'doubling up' ... kneedown is easy then and if you are like me and need to use your knee as a measure, it fills you with confidence instantly. 8)

oh yeh, believe me, it was proper wet

I don't expect any credit - they suspended sessions because there was too much standing water, ie for safety reasons. maybe they should have let people go out on wets though. I'm not sure if they got a single session that didn't get at least a yellow flag

let's not get ahead of ourselves - I would have needed about six sliders taped to my knee to get a kneedown today ;-) I wasn't being terribly brave into or through the apex, but I as pleasantly suprised at the drive I could get coming out. I would haev liked to have been able to continue into the afternoon if the weather hadn't been so shocking, I was getting a feel for the wets. I would advise people to stay clear of me the next time I'm on standard tyres on a wet track though lol

weazelz
01-06-07, 03:00 PM
some wet pics here (http://www.fresh-orange.co.uk/showrider.asp?subfolderid=39128&folderid=2665&eventid=210)

Tim in Belgium
01-06-07, 03:20 PM
Looks very wet.

Blue_SV650S
01-06-07, 03:38 PM
some wet pics here (http://www.fresh-orange.co.uk/showrider.asp?subfolderid=39128&folderid=2665&eventid=210)

cool, wish I was there :cry: