PDA

View Full Version : WSB - Silverstone - 27th May - May Contain Spoilers

weazelz
22-05-07, 07:57 PM
can JT get the elusive home double? can an on-form Haga continue his run of victories?

Alpinestarhero
24-05-07, 12:17 PM
Bayliss will win one, toseland or haga the other. Thats what I think :D

I would love to see toseland do the double, but I think haga's bike will be a bit more suited to the sharper turns (that 'orrible chicane) which may just gie him the edge

Matt

trickywoos
24-05-07, 01:02 PM
and looks like rain is possible.....

weazelz
24-05-07, 02:04 PM
and looks like rain is possible.....
Tommy Hill for pole again?

Alpinestarhero
24-05-07, 05:38 PM
Na, dry on saturday, so a Tommy Hill pole looks unlikley...

...but a tommy hill win in the rain on sunday, now thats something I'd put a quid on :D

Matt

weazelz
27-05-07, 10:14 AM
there don't seem to be any wildcards, which is a shame :-(

I just watched superstock & it's absolutely chucking it down. how many times with Bayliss crash & get going again this year I wonder? tilt-sensor engine-cutout? what's that then? ;-)

Alpinestarhero
27-05-07, 10:30 AM
poo. In that case, my money is on xaus.

Matt

Alpinestarhero
27-05-07, 02:56 PM
Race Two cancelled; too much standing water on the track.

Matt

weazelz
27-05-07, 06:07 PM
Race Two cancelled; too much standing water on the track
JT must be delighted ;-)

Alpinestarhero
27-05-07, 06:24 PM
I think his bikes are even more delighted; poor thing being thrashed with NO coolant in it after his spill in race one...

Matt

Well Oiled
27-05-07, 08:23 PM
Tell you summat - it was no fun sat there in the cold watching race one.

Had to go and put the central heating on:p Turned down a free ticket to the race cos my wife's working. Hope it clears up as I'm camping at the TT next weekend.

lukemillar
28-05-07, 08:24 AM
That was wet! Managed to get some corporate box tickets over looking the complex which was great, apart from having to hang out with a load of financial/corporate people who weren't really into bike racing and wanted to see crashes :roll:

1st race was good - shame about JT's highside, but coming back to 8th was a pretty good ride. I watched the race again on eurosport in the evening and there was a lot that wasn't covered, but a lot of the riders had some pretty full on moments - Max Baggi coming out of bridge with a full on head shake, managing to get it turned into priory, before missing a downshift going into brooklands and then almost ending up in the gravel.

Definitely the right call for race 2. Despite the optimistic commenators it had been raining from 8 in the morning and wasn't going to stop. There was a lot of standing water about.

trickywoos
29-05-07, 03:22 PM
Very wet, but the rest of the weekend was superb. Everyone was really good about chatting to the fans in the paddock, loved it!! :D

Shame about JT's highside, he'd done really well over the rest of the weekend, getting half a second quicker everytime he went out.

TC and James Ellison came along for JT's shindig in the evening, along with the whole of Ten Kate and loadsa Corona guys. Great fun. If anyone hasn't seen Crash yet, they're great fun for a night out! :mrgreen: