PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays close to M'cr

600+
31-05-07, 10:44 AM
Got this ZXR400 that I'm gonna use as a track bike but I'm struglling to find trackdays around M'cr......apart from Oulton Park there seems nothing else close by

Also Oulton Park seems to be the most expensive at £159 for a full day!!!

Any suggestions from the more experienced of you out there?

Cheers

Stu
31-05-07, 11:02 AM
Cadwell Park is £89 today for example http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=3165

600+
31-05-07, 11:11 AM
but it's roughly 2+hrs from M'cr so I would have to set off at around 6am to be there ontime for briefing etc.

it is an option defo though

timwilky
31-05-07, 11:19 AM
what about 3 sisters at wigan. anything going there

Tomcat
31-05-07, 11:34 AM
Darley moor? That's near Ashbourne. Think I read somewhere it was about £90. They have a web site

http://www.darleymoor.co.uk/

600+
31-05-07, 11:45 AM
what about 3 sisters at wigan. anything going there

they don't like us there - it's only for karting

600+
31-05-07, 11:47 AM
Darley moor? That's near Ashbourne. Think I read somewhere it was about £90. They have a web site

http://www.darleymoor.co.uk/

that seems quite good u know! cheers for that:)

will have to check the noise level though as it can't be above 98db

Tomcat
31-05-07, 11:51 AM
that seems quite good u know! cheers for that:)

will have to check the noise level though as it can't be above 98db

Its not a huge track, but what does that matter, its real enough!

We used to have a ZXR400 ....... what a naughty little thing it was!!! Could thrash the ba**s off it!
:D

600+
31-05-07, 11:52 AM
this zxr400 has been thrashed :D problem i find is getting a mechanic that knows to tune it properly

andyaikido
31-05-07, 07:38 PM
but it's roughly 2+hrs from M'cr so I would have to set off at around 6am to be there ontime for briefing etc.

it is an option defo though

That's a bit optimistic.

I go to Cadwell a lot 'cos it's cheap and a fantastic circuit but I have to set off at about 5 am.

I also go to Oulton, Donnington and Croft. Want to try Anglesey this year too. Anywhere else is too far without staying overnight.

600+
31-05-07, 08:15 PM
i reckon if i have to set off at 5am then by late lunch i'll be knacked to raise on the track - yes it is cheaper but maybe if u add th overnight costs it comes out roughly the same?

Blue_SV650S
31-05-07, 08:33 PM
Is this ZXR road legal?

If not, you will be vanning/trailering it anyway and could camp the night before ... my nearest track (Brands) is ~2.5hrs from me. I ALWAYS go up the night before, whatever track ... it's a rough night sleeping in the van and all, but I just like to get there ... you know ... I kinda know I am there then ... no risk of morning mishaps with traffic etc 8)

Also if you add on the hour for loading the van, start off time would be silly (I also don;t want to be banging and crashing about in the garage at 4am ;))

Tim in Belgium
31-05-07, 10:02 PM
Jessies the lot of you, I travelled through three different countries and took the Euro Tunnel for a track day! And then back all in a day.

Where there's a will there's a way.

PS I now try to get my dad to trailer the bike down whilst I sleep in the passenger seat, I may be daft but I'm not stupid.

600+
01-06-07, 03:57 PM
yeah the zxr is road legal but we will be trailing it as we'd be knacked riding it anywhere:)

markmoto
04-07-07, 09:57 PM
I used the anglesea old circuit and that was a great little track not used the new one but meant to be ace.