PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorm!

Lissa
31-05-07, 06:34 PM
Anyone else got thunderstorms at the moment? Got a HUGE one going on here. One clap of thunder was so loud my cat went from the sofa to under the bath in one leap:D

Great hailstones, too:smt003

Balky001
31-05-07, 06:40 PM
sunny and bright in SE Essex :D

Alpinestarhero
31-05-07, 06:43 PM
Nope, nothing. Not even rain, which was forecast. So it was hot in my exam hall today :(

Matt

Cloggsy
31-05-07, 06:50 PM
Lots of big, black clouds floating around overhead, but no thunder (yet at least...)

thedonal
31-05-07, 06:52 PM
I love thunderstorms!! And we don't seem to see too many of them over Surbiton.

Still- they were promised all over the U of K at the end of this week- so I'm still holding out!!

LUMPY
31-05-07, 06:55 PM
just gettin thunderstorms now 8pm, sittin in garden with a large glass of stella waitin for the rain to cool me down.

hovis
31-05-07, 06:59 PM
its SPITTING

LUMPY
31-05-07, 07:01 PM
get inside save yourself its spittin LOL

Alpinestarhero
31-05-07, 07:02 PM
I love thunderstorms!! And we don't seem to see too many of them over Surbiton.

Still- they were promised all over the U of K at the end of this week- so I'm still holding out!!

We dont?!?! Actual, now I think about it, I havn;t noticed too many in the three years I've lived here...maybe two, tops?

come on thedonal, lets ride about on our SV's with the cans off? Thats quite like thunder

Matt

thedonal
31-05-07, 08:38 PM
Yeron!

We could have a sweepstake- thunder about the streets of Surbighton and Kingston- see how long it is before we see blue lightning flash behind us!!

Tomcat
31-05-07, 08:53 PM
get inside save yourself its spittin LOL

Its the sort that soaks you through :D

Pedrosa
31-05-07, 08:56 PM
Here in Mugello lovely warm evening. We spending nice time before practice in morning.:cool:

Stingo
31-05-07, 09:06 PM
Nope...:D

Swiss
01-06-07, 10:25 AM
I rode through a thunderstorm a couple of years back. I was riding down the M5 in torrential rain, thunder and lighting when one of the radio towers was struck. Scared the BeJeeuz out of me!:-o :smt120 :smt010

Ed
01-06-07, 08:45 PM
Have been in sunny west Cornwall for a few daze... and it was very very sunny and warm. Tuesday at Land's End was hot. Lovely blue sky and fabbo view of the Isles of Scilly, wishing we were there on St Mary's. Instead we sat on a rock looking over the Atlantic (beautiful indigo blue) and then moved on to Porthcurno - the Minack Theatre is something else, open air it's carved into the granite, they've built a visitor centre and a teashop since I was there last, 20 years ago now. Wednesday around Falmouth and Truro, also blue sky and just so lovely. *Sigh - I miss Cornwall. Thursday home, and it ****ed down all the way. Today at work - felt like I'd never been away. 'You've let things slip' - 'Er no, we spoke on Friday and there's been a bank holiday'. 'Yes, well, you should have sorted this over the weekend'. 'Yes, I should work Sundays, you're quite right':rolleyes: