PDA

View Full Version : Baph's ride-up route (to the campsite)

Baph
05-06-07, 12:15 PM
Mods, apologies if you don't want this here, just seemed a natural place to put it. Feel free to move it. :)

Right, inspired by Rossi_C (make that the realisation he was depending on me to sort a route out for us) and seeing Jester666's route involving the M66 etc, I decided I'd stick in my 2penneth.

OK, So as most of you know, I live on Anglesey, which means A55/A5117/M56 to get to Warrington and pickup Rossi_C. That's that bit sorted. Ross, we just need to sort out where we're meeting. There's a hotel just off one of the Warrington junctions on the M56 that I've slept in before, sounds like the ideal place to me?

From Warrington, head up the M56, M60, then M61 briefly, coming off at J3 (I think anyway) on the A666 for Bolton. SPEEDCAMERAS ON THE A666!!

After Blackburn, the A666 branches (again, watch out for speed cameras coming into the Blackburn area!!) into the A59, simple stuff. Follow that until Gisburn, turning left at the staggered crossroads on to the A682. This then merges into the A65 dropping you in Austwick for the campsite.

Tent's go up, crap goes in the tents.

Depending on time, I might have a blat up to Kendel on the friday (nice cake there - Quiff you listening? :lol: Also maybe a little beer/cash run etc) then back via Ingmire Hall & Kirkby Lonsdale Golf Club to the A65 & back to Austwick. Nice bit of road that.

Before anyone flames me for not putting up a rideout route, I'm VERY sketchy on the roads around there, and I don't want to dissapoint anyone. I don't care where we ride or at what pace, so someone with more knowledge of the roads can put something together for the organised ride.

Time wise, I'm hoping to set off pretty early on the Friday. The route I've proposed should take around 3h 30mins, and I'd like to get to the campsite around 2pm ish. That means setting off at around 10-11am, and taking a relaxed ride up. Ross, that puts me around Warrington about 11am-12 ish. Give me a shout if you want to amend times/route.

For those using Jester666's route, I know you're travelling a long way, but you could skip over from Haslingden to meet the A666 by Preston, or take the A58 through Bury to avoid some more motorway miles. Just a thought.

Caveat to all of the above: This is all from a 2min look at a map, I'm still debating the Blackburn bypass idea, which is why I haven't put a map up!

EDIT: Possibly an easier way around Blackburn would be to jump on the M65 at J4, then head up to J6 on the A6119 to the T junction & turn right, picking up the A666 again and avoiding a shed load of speed cameras...

mac608
05-06-07, 04:31 PM
Alternative route & one I will be taking either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (depends on whether I can get out of a 21st Party on the Friday, and a meal with friends on the Saturday) is
M60, M66, A56, M65 to junction 13, pick up A682 to Gisburn

slark01
05-06-07, 05:41 PM
Baph, at the mo looks like Stewie and I will be joining you.

stewie
05-06-07, 06:14 PM
Yeah sounds good to me baph mate :D

Luckypants
05-06-07, 07:14 PM
Baph, at the mo looks like Stewie and I will be joining you.
Think I best not. Everytime I go out with Baph I ride like a numpty. Last time I wrecked me bike! :crutches:

Baph
05-06-07, 07:26 PM
Think I best not. Everytime I go out with Baph I ride like a numpty. Last time I wrecked me bike! :crutches:

Hey, don't you go blaming me! You decided on the route for last time, remember? :p

stewie
05-06-07, 07:39 PM
Hey, don't you go blaming me! You decided on the route for last time, remember? :p
Yeah,s alright mate Im busy fri morn, probably see up there.....he he .lol

Baph
05-06-07, 11:11 PM
Looks like Stewie has dropped out of the Friday ride-up. Slark01, if you're wanting to meet me & Rossi_C, I'll just need to know where you want to meet. Somewhere that's easy to find would be great.

I'll stick up a definite route in the next few days or so, and you can program your satnav (waypoints/favourites for via points works well ;)). That way I don't have to worry about following the route I chose :D

EDIT: It's still WIP, but here's (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&lr=lang_en&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111365467879604716349.00000112ffe6a6c94f110) a couple of options for the ride-up. I like google maps, I can amend it at any time :D

stewie
06-06-07, 08:30 AM
Yeah,s alright mate Im busy fri morn, probably see up there.....he he .lol

I was joking, cant wait, see you on the fri morning

Baph
06-06-07, 08:32 AM
I was joking, cant wait, see you on the fri morning
:smt093 For that, you can lead :p

So where do you lot want to meet up? If you look at the above link, I've put the meeting point roughly where the A49 meets the M56. If this means coming down to meet me, then going back up towards the campsite, we can move the meet point easily.

stewie
06-06-07, 08:36 AM
Didnt you mention a hotel ? I thinks it a holiday inn or something just off the A49 or Lymn truckstop. I live on the M62 side of warrington so either is ok by me.

Baph
06-06-07, 08:46 AM
I was thinking of the place at Daresbury Park, DeVere. Damned nice it is too. That's junction 11. There's a premier lodge at Stretton though, which is Junction 12. Either of those is fine for me until someone suggests somewhere else.

EDIT: I think I'd actually prefer to meet at DeVere. The concierge's face when a couple of loud bikes turned up would be priceless!

stewie
06-06-07, 09:03 AM
I was thinking of the place at Daresbury Park, DeVere. Damned nice it is too. That's junction 11. There's a premier lodge at Stretton though, which is Junction 12. Either of those is fine for me until someone suggests somewhere else.

EDIT: I think I'd actually prefer to meet at DeVere. The concierge's face when a couple of loud bikes turned up would be priceless!
Yeah, sounds good, what time are we planning on meeting up ?

Baph
06-06-07, 09:06 AM
Around 11am DeVere? Unless anyone objects.

stewie
06-06-07, 09:11 AM
Around 11am DeVere? Unless anyone objects.
Fine by me, see what slark and rossi_c say.

slark01
06-06-07, 11:01 AM
Devere around 11am on friday 29th, sounds good to me.

Baph
06-06-07, 12:19 PM
Right, so that's the meeting point sorted, subject to Ross_C, opinions on the route alternatives I've offered up?

Speed camera routes (like the A666) could mean some traffic about (shoppers etc) so would mean more filtering probably too. Motorways can get a bit boring. Personally, I'm not fussed which.

Is anyone offering to program SatNav to follow, or are we all following me (which means I'm running around in circles :rolleyes: )?

slark01
06-06-07, 03:02 PM
I have the site already programmed into the tomtom, so we won't get lost ( well I hope lol ). Will have to reprogram so that it sets off at the Devere.
Don't really fancy leading though, due to being a newbie. But, if I must then I will.

Baph
06-06-07, 03:21 PM
I understand your concerns about leading. I was the same until the other weekend when I led 6 bikes around North Wales.

I personally hate folk riding in my blind spot, and actively move to get them out of it, so I don't do it to other people. I also hold my distance from the bike in front of me.

If you're up to leading, fine, if you're not, I don't mind, but if I take a wrong turn you'll need to catch up with me & flash your lights like a fokker to get my attention, I doubt I'll hear you beeping etc. :lol:

slark01
06-06-07, 03:30 PM
I can flash like a b*st*rd, no worries there, just gotta remember that it's lights I flash and nothing else:smt119 .

slark01
06-06-07, 10:31 PM
Just done a route on Tomtom to the AR07 site.
It's avoiding motorways and it does mean going through warrington ( which is easy for me and stewie ).
POSSIBLE ROUTE:
A49
A579
A572
A580
A575
A666
A673
A676
A56/A680
A56
A6068
A671
A59
A682
A65
ESTIMATED TIME : 1HR 53MIN
Looks a bit complicated but I am willing to do a test run in the next few days ( gives me an excuse to get away from baba for a few hours \\:D/ ).

stewie
07-06-07, 01:31 PM
I dont mind leading, we can take it in turns, as far as the route is concerned I will go with everyone else. Sorry for not being more involved, Ive been ill since tuesday, actually starting to feel like a human at last.lol

timwilky
07-06-07, 02:39 PM
Well I had offered to do a run up Friday morning from Rivvy (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=90700), Would you guys be interested in tagging along?

Baph
07-06-07, 02:51 PM
I have no idea where Rivvy is, but sounds like a plan to me. The A666 route I mentionned brings us up towards Ribchester.

Give us a point & time to meet you (baring in mind we're going to be leaving Warrington around 11am-11:30am).

stewie
07-06-07, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a nice route, me and slark were meant to be going up to rivvy barn a couple of weeks ago but I had to work in the end so we didnt make it. To be honest I dont really mind which way we go, just really looking forward to the weekend.

Luckypants
07-06-07, 03:17 PM
OK was being coy about this, but I'd like to join in if I can get a bike sorted.

Baph
07-06-07, 03:19 PM
OK was being coy about this, but I'd like to join in if I can get a bike sorted.
It'd be rude not to pick you up enroute to Warrington!

If you dont have wheels sorted in time, can I be cheeky & stick stuff in your car? :D

slark01
07-06-07, 05:00 PM
more the merrier.:D
Riding upto Rivvy shouldn't be a problem, can have a brew there, then plot our next route upto the AR07 site.
If we are setting off around 11 - 11:30am from warrington, then we should get to the barn for about 11:50 - 12:20pm.
From the barn to AR07 site is approximately another 1 1/2 hours.
That is avoiding motorways and not taking account of any heavy traffic.
I'm happy to do any route and am not bothered about time.
Will be doing a ride on either saturday or sunday, so I can actually do the route upto rivvy then upto the AR07 site just for fun.

stewie
09-06-07, 01:08 PM
Hi all, are we doing any set route To to AR 07 do we know ?

Baph
09-06-07, 01:25 PM
Hi all, are we doing any set route To to AR 07 do we know ?

I've suggested a couple, not fussed as to which. We might also meet up with Tim on the way up, which pretty much decides our route to him.

Someone can pick which route we're doing if we're not meeting Tim, but we prolly will do.

Rossi_C
09-06-07, 09:50 PM
Original route sounds great Baph. Great work on that Google Maps thing. It's great. Rivi_B sounds like a plan too. Will make for a good ride up i'm sure.

I'm easy in terms of who leads. I've not really done that much in terms of leading, but don't mind giving it a go.

Should we stick to a fixed route from Rivi Barn or should we just keep the destination on GPS and go where the good roads take us etc?

P.S Apologies for not being around lately, work has been mayhem.

hovis
10-06-07, 03:57 PM
i will probally now be coming from bradford

it seems there is a few diferant rideups planned?

or are they all the same ?

dizzyblonde
10-06-07, 04:57 PM
they're all going to the same place it seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slark01
10-06-07, 05:20 PM
Well I'm back home after a lovely days riding:) .
Set off just after 8:30 this morning and arrived at Rivvy barn about 9:15, had a 20 min break and chat with a couple of Harley riders. I then proceeded to AR07 site, took me about 1hr 40mins, give or take. So the total trip up there took about 2hrs 20mins ish.
The whole trip was done without using motorways and there was some interesting roads, especially one in particular which was a single country lane.
I was concerned with the TOMTOM because of this single lane, but it did work out quite well.
There was a couple of workman's traffic lights, but plenty of quick roads and some nice twisties.
On the way back I dropped into Austwick and it was full of bikers, the petrol station wasn't tooo expensive there, but we could do with finding out if there are cheaper.
Noticed a very nice looking sports car, untill I also noticed it was a POLICE one. Also plenty of motorcycle police as well ( had a few nods off them, which was cool ).
Finally stopped at Rivvy on the way back and stayed there a couple of hours, and bloody hell was it busy ( spotted an SV, copper colour, 03 plate ).
The whole trip was 156miles, ( not bad for me ) usually only done around 80 or so.

hovis
10-06-07, 05:22 PM
they're all going to the same place it seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#-o

I have no idea where Rivvy is, but sounds like a plan to me. The A666 route I mentionned brings us up towards Ribchester.

Give us a point & time to meet you (baring in mind we're going to be leaving Warrington around 11am-11:30am).

arrived at Rivvy barn about 9:15, had a 20 min break and chat with a couple of Harley riders. I then proceeded to AR07 site, took me about 1hr 40mins, give or take. So the total trip up there took about 2hrs 20mins ish.
The whole trip was done without using motorways and there was some interesting roads, especially one in particular which was a single country lane.
I was concerned with the TOMTOM because of this single lane, but it did work out quite well.
There was a couple of workman's traffic lights, but plenty of quick roads and some nice twisties.

.so is everybody meeting at rivvy barn?

& where is it?

timwilky
10-06-07, 05:32 PM
Original route sounds great Baph. Great work on that Google Maps thing. It's great. Rivi_B sounds like a plan too. Will make for a good ride up i'm sure.

I'm easy in terms of who leads. I've not really done that much in terms of leading, but don't mind giving it a go.

Should we stick to a fixed route from Rivi Barn or should we just keep the destination on GPS and go where the good roads take us etc?

P.S Apologies for not being around lately, work has been mayhem.

This is the route I had intended to follow, (http://www.twsoft.co.uk/sv/route2.png) before I opened it up for all.

OK, this route is from my home. However point 2 on the map is Hoghton. So From Rivington Barn go over to Belmont and follow the A675 from Belmont through Abbey Village. round get your knee down roundabout, Riley Green and then you are at my point 2.
Then skirt the side of Ribchester, Hurst Green, Waddington, Newton
, Slaidburn. Stocks Reservoir, Keasdon, and we are there.

I strongly urge people to avoid the A65 up from Gisburn, Long Preston. I was there on Friday with Bluepete and El Saxo. 15 miles of crawling double white lines nowhere to overtake, tractor/truck hell. My suggested route is accross country empty roads.

timwilky
10-06-07, 05:43 PM
#-o

so is everybody meeting at rivvy barn?

& where is it?

look here for details of Rivvy Bar (http://www.rivingtonhallbarn.co.uk/greathousebarn.htm)n. It is a biking mecca for many in the North West. Use the lower barn, which is open 7 days a week. My suggested route is country lanes. They therefore will not be the fastest of roads. But I think you will find the route is actually faster and more enjoyable than what the automatic planners would deliver

slark01
10-06-07, 06:08 PM
Top idea Tim, your the local so you will know.
I'm all for it :smile:

Baph
11-06-07, 07:29 AM
Sorted then.

Some of us meet at DeVere (Warrington meetup). Slark01/Stewie to lead up to Rivvy Barn, Timwilky from there to the AR.

That I know of, me, Rossi_C, slark01 & stewie to meet up at DeVere around 11am. Maybe Luckypants too if he has wheels (which it seems he should).

Assuming we set off at 11:00am, that puts us at Rivvy Barn 11:45am ish. Meet up with whoever is meeting there (Timwilky or someone meeting us at Rivvy, can you make a mental note of who should be there to meet us please?). Then off to the campsite.

slark01
11-06-07, 09:57 AM
That sounds like a plan to me :smile:

El Saxo
11-06-07, 05:14 PM
I posted this in the pennine massive thread as well, just posting here to make sure...

I'm 99% sure me, Stretchie & Viper will join you at Rivvy for the ride up to the campsite, I'll let you know if anything changes though. :D

hovis
14-06-07, 05:25 PM
I posted this in the pennine massive thread as well, just posting here to make sure...

I'm 99% sure me, Stretchie & Viper will join you at Rivvy for the ride up to the campsite, I'll let you know if anything changes though. :D

& me:smt112

Luckypants
14-06-07, 10:05 PM
I'm now a defo for coming up with Baph and co.

slark01
15-06-07, 07:17 AM
woohoo welcome

slark01
15-06-07, 07:19 AM
So how many of us are meeting up at Warrington and how many at Rivvy.

hovis
15-06-07, 07:34 AM
So how many of us are meeting up at Warrington and how many at Rivvy.
about 10?

i will start by saying

ME

slark01
15-06-07, 08:19 AM
cool, good number for the ride up.
Happy your riding up with us Hovis

Baph
15-06-07, 12:15 PM
So far, this is what I make it to be:

Warrington
Me
Luckypants
slark01
Stewie
Rossi_C

Rivvy Barn
Timwilky
Hovis
El Saxo
Stretchie
Viper (not sure due to recent events)
Richie?
Heed?
WRCSixtyThree?

All in all, I make that a possible 13 bikes after Rivvy Barn. I'm sure there's one or two that I'm forgetting as well. Hovis was supposed to be riding up with someone....

stewie
24-06-07, 11:02 AM
Hi Guys, are we all still ok for fri then ? I went up to glasgow on a night trunk last night and drove past gate 34 and looked over to my right, to the east, the weather was ok and the countryside looked great. Fingers crossed for next weekend eh ? cant wait

Quiff Wichard
24-06-07, 12:03 PM
I fancy meetin up with you guys at 11am at De vere...

I am a greeter and have to pop out some flourescent signs on the route in after we get there... so i wassetting off early- but not any earlier than that-so might as well all arrive together--

then i can crack on wit me set up and greting of the later arrivals..

so wheres the De Vere?..warrington?..

any links?

Baph
24-06-07, 12:19 PM
Quiff, you're more than welcome to meet up with us, your call if you meet at Warrington or at Rivvy Barn, whichever's easiest for you.

DeVere is here (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=De+Vere+hotel&near=Warrington&ie=UTF8&ll=53.329668,-2.642083&spn=0.012123,0.029182&z=15&om=1) (C on the map). Heading West on the M56, junction 11, 3rd exit will bring you to a "mini roundabout." I put that in quotes as it's pretty big. Safe to park the bikes there & meet up with everyone at the roundabout. If you miss the 3rd exit off the J11 roundabout, take the 4th, then first left, first left, first left & you come out at the roundabout anyway. When we set off it's optional if we pass the doors of DeVere or not.

Rivvy Barn, I'm not sure, so I won't be leading :D

All, unless otherwise stated, I'll be expecting everyone that's said so to meet at DeVere as planned, 11am. With Quiff, that makes 6 bikes meeting at DeVere. Please let me know by Thursday night at the latest if you're going to be there. That way we know who we're waiting for & when we can go.

I'd say after we meet would be a good opportunity to find fuel, just so everyone has a good run up to Rivvy Barn without worrying. Local's, get your thinking caps on the petrol stations please :)

Luckypants, do you want to meet up somewhere on the way to DeVere, or just meet there? I've no idea where you'll hit the A55.

EDIT: Quiff, if you want a hand putting signs up etc, or even just some company whilst you're doing it (eg, I can park in a safe spot to block traffic from you/your bike whilst you're putting signs up) consider it done mate :)

timwilky
24-06-07, 03:10 PM
Assuming the link works, and my first attempt with google maps, this should show you how to get to Rivvy (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=105185361203931784110.000001135e38eb75ad533)

slark01
24-06-07, 03:58 PM
Just got back from London ( well 30 mins or so ) so a bit tired. However Friday is defo for me and as for petrol, no problem in warrington we have quite a few in easy reach.
Gonna go and get baba:smt084 now from her grandparents ( all I wanna do is sleep:smt015 )

stewie
24-06-07, 04:02 PM
Just got back from London ( well 30 mins or so ) so a bit tired. However Friday is defo for me and as for petrol, no problem in warrington we have quite a few in easy reach.
Gonna go and get baba:smt084 now from her grandparents ( all I wanna do is sleep:smt015 )
Lightweight ;) Lymn truck stop is just up the road from the devere and has a garage just before the entrance, if we are going up the M6 route to rivvy barn (?) we could fill up there.

Quiff Wichard
24-06-07, 04:24 PM
okies

I will be at De vere at 11.am

Luckypants and Baph have my number.. but if i aint coming i will let u know.

if i break down on the day or owt else i will text luckypants/ Baph

Rossi_C
24-06-07, 05:26 PM
Depends on route from DeVere to Rivvi, but plenty of fuel stops around warrington. Does anyone have any preferences BP, Shell Optimax etc???

Who is leading from Devere to Rivvi?

stewie
24-06-07, 06:04 PM
I was just thinking that if we are going the M6 Route we could meet up with el saxo , viper and stretchie at standish and we could follow them up, just a thought cos not sure which route we are taking Baphs or Timwilky,s
Stew

Baph
25-06-07, 08:18 AM
I was just thinking that if we are going the M6 Route we could meet up with el saxo , viper and stretchie at standish and we could follow them up, just a thought cos not sure which route we are taking Baphs or Timwilky,s
Stew
The plan I have so far is to meet at Warrington, then head up to Rivvy Barn. I'm assuming someone else is leading from Warrington as I haven't got the foggiest where Rivvy Barn is (other than the map done by timwilky), so a local that knows the meet point would be better. How we get there, I really couldn't care. If we meet up with others enroute then all good :)

El Saxo
25-06-07, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I've just spoken to Stewie, and if you're thinking of heading up the M6 I'd be happy to meet you at Standish (J27) with Stretchie and Hovis and lead the way up to Rivvy barn from there.

stewie
25-06-07, 01:44 PM
Awright gents, just spoke to El Saxo and he has offered to lead us up to Rivvy barn from gate 27 M6 N which was good of him, ta, so if we meet up at the De vere as planned at 11 am and I will lead us round to Lymn truck stop for fuel, its only a 5 min ride from the de vere and is on the M6 plus there is a McDonalds there if any one is a bit peckish then its about a 25 -30 min run up to Standish to meet up with El Saxo, stretchie and the mighty Hovis. Does this sound like a plan ? . Also there is a slight possibility my bike wont be fixed in time for the event in which case I will bring my car up and you can all put your gear in the boot, although hopefully it will be. Just think new discs, new pads, braided hoses and a brand new front tyre, its gonna be a white knuckle ride baby ! :smt087

Baph
25-06-07, 01:56 PM
Does this sound like a plan ? . Also there is a slight possibility my bike wont be fixed in time for the event in which case I will bring my car up and you can all put your gear in the boot, although hopefully it will be. Just think new discs, new pads, braided hoses and a brand new front tyre, its gonna be a white knuckle ride baby ! :smt087

Aye, fine by me. You doing the work on your bike yourself or getting someone else to do it?

plowsie
25-06-07, 02:06 PM
guys i will be in manchester at around 11 ish hopefully, anywhere near the route?

Quiff Wichard
25-06-07, 02:07 PM
sounds good..

me doin some late nights this week so I am all packed and ready NOW ..

see u at de vere at 11 of the o clock

stewie
25-06-07, 02:15 PM
Aye, fine by me. You doing the work on your bike yourself or getting someone else to do it?

No, local bike garage ( www.spodmoto.co.uk (http://www.spodmoto.co.uk)) doing the repairs, its just turning into a bit of a long drawn out expensive affair thats all, will hopefully have the bike back on the road by weds then Ill take her out and scrub the tyres in a bit before the weekend.

stewie
25-06-07, 02:15 PM
guys i will be in manchester at around 11 ish hopefully, anywhere near the route?

Which way are you coming from ?

plowsie
25-06-07, 02:17 PM
Which way are you coming from ?
Up the M6 from Brum way

Baph
25-06-07, 02:17 PM
You're only the distance of the M56 away. Probably easier if you meet wherever we ate at Standish (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Standish&sll=53.513776,-2.451324&sspn=0.214766,0.633087&ie=UTF8&ll=53.59821,-2.664185&spn=0.428676,1.266174&z=10&iwloc=addr&om=1). We should be at Standish approx 11:45/12 noon. Someone else can confirm that time though :D

stewie
25-06-07, 02:19 PM
Up the M6 from Brum way

Or if you need fuel, at Lymn truck stop, junc 20 M6 n

stewie
25-06-07, 02:21 PM
Or if you need fuel, at Lymn truck stop, junc 20 M6 n

Quiff is heading up that way as well from the stafford ( ? ) area I think to meet us at the De Vere

plowsie
25-06-07, 02:22 PM
You're only the distance of the M56 away. Probably easier if you meet wherever we ate at Standish (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Standish&sll=53.513776,-2.451324&sspn=0.214766,0.633087&ie=UTF8&ll=53.59821,-2.664185&spn=0.428676,1.266174&z=10&iwloc=addr&om=1). We should be at Standish approx 11:45/12 noon. Someone else can confirm that time though :D
Ok that will be better, i may ride straight there, depends whether i can be bothered to go to see the theatre of dreams lol.

Looks like it's straight up the M6 to 27 then which seems easy enough.

stewie
25-06-07, 02:25 PM
Ok that will be better, i may ride straight there, depends whether i can be bothered to go to see the theatre of dreams lol.
Theatre of dreams, oh of course you,re from the south you must be a Man u fan then ;)

hovis
25-06-07, 02:54 PM
I was just thinking that if we are going the M6 Route we could meet up with el saxo ,HOVIS viper and stretchie at standish and we could follow them up, just a thought cos not sure which route we are taking Baphs or Timwilky,s
Stew

edit

stewie
25-06-07, 02:56 PM
edit
I prefer the mighty Hovis myself :thumbsup:

El Saxo
26-06-07, 01:09 PM
Righto, I'll meet you all at J27 then. Stewie's timing sounds pretty good.

When you reach J27, take the 1st exit off the roundabout at the end of the slip road, then turn immediately right using the gap in the central divide & left onto the BP forecourt (you can't miss it really).

It's the easiest place to meet, just off the M-way junction & people can fuel up if they need to.

plowsie
26-06-07, 01:14 PM
Fine by me, what tymage again then peeps?

stewie
27-06-07, 12:06 PM
I have decided to take the car as the bike is still not sorted, so I have a proposal, I will meet up with you guys at the De Vere as planned at 11.00 and you can put your stuff in my car, so baph, slark and rossi pm me to confirm this is ok. Then I will meet up with el saxo, HOVIS and stretchie at gate 27 bp garage at approx 11.45 so that you can drop me your gear, can you lads pm me as well to confirm thats ok too. Plowsie if you want some beer picking up let me know what you need, similarly if anyone wants any milk etc picking up I am off to asda before I leave. Obviously Im not made of money so be reasonable but if you need anything , no probs. Ok I will be bringing a couple of chairs up with me plus I might chuck a paste table in, it might come in handy for something. Thats about it really, saying that though I could meet up at el saxo,s house and you lads could chuck any beer straight in the car let me know.
Cheers
Stew

stewie
27-06-07, 01:04 PM
I have decided to take the car as the bike is still not sorted, so I have a proposal, I will meet up with you guys at the De Vere as planned at 11.00 and you can put your stuff in my car, so baph, slark and rossi pm me to confirm this is ok. Then I will meet up with el saxo, HOVIS and stretchie at gate 27 bp garage at approx 11.45 so that you can drop me your gear, can you lads pm me as well to confirm thats ok too. Plowsie if you want some beer picking up let me know what you need, similarly if anyone wants any milk etc picking up I am off to asda before I leave. Obviously Im not made of money so be reasonable but if you need anything , no probs. Ok I will be bringing a couple of chairs up with me plus I might chuck a paste table in, it might come in handy for something. Thats about it really, saying that though I could meet up at el saxo,s house and you lads could chuck any beer straight in the car let me know.
Cheers
Stew
Im also taking up a gazebo, plus some ice cold beer for when we arrive

plowsie
27-06-07, 02:38 PM
Plowsie if you want some beer picking up let me know what you need
24 cans of whatever lager there is cheap please mate, i will be at 27 for 11.45 to meet you guys if thats okay. Can someone PM me their number incase i'm stuck or going to be late?

Stu

Baph
27-06-07, 02:40 PM
24 cans of whatever lager there is cheap please mate, i will be at 27 for 11.45 to meet you guys if thats okay. Can someone PM me their number incase i'm stuck or going to be late?

Stu
You have a PM.

EDIT: The meeting points for us so far:
Warrington
Me
Luckypants - car?
slark01
Stewie - car
Rossi_C
Quiff

Standish(J27)
Hovis
El Saxo - leading from here to Rivvy Barn
Stretchie

Rivvy Barn
Timwilky
Plowsie
Richie?
Heed?
WRCSixtyThree?

stewie
27-06-07, 02:44 PM

Stu
Sorted :thumbsup:

stewie
27-06-07, 08:54 PM
Cheers
Stew
Bump

hovis
27-06-07, 09:18 PM
Bump

sound cool............ dont know about the times though, best to contact el saxo:thumbsup:

plowsie
28-06-07, 08:53 AM
You have a PM.

EDIT: The meeting points for us so far:
Warrington
Me
Luckypants - car?
slark01
Stewie - car
Rossi_C
Quiff

Standish(J27)
Hovis
El Saxo - leading from here to Rivvy Barn
Stretchie
Plowsie

Rivvy Barn
Timwilky

Richie?
Heed?
WRCSixtyThree?

Thought i was there :confused: Easiest for me to remember lol. And i know where the BP garage is.

stewie
28-06-07, 09:10 AM
Just a quick update guys, after meeting up with the standish lads I will heading straight up the M6 and coming off at gate 34 and going down to the campsite. There,s no point in me following you down to rivvy barn cos I wont be able to keep up and it will only delay you all so I will head straight up... and pick the dryest spot for me tent ;) see you all up there tomorrow.
Stew

slark01
28-06-07, 09:15 AM
Now worries Stew, just make sure you get there safe!

stewie
28-06-07, 09:19 AM
Hey Ste do you want me to pop roind yours in the mornin and put your stuff straight in the car, save you loading for it all for only a 10 min ride,?

Tomcat
28-06-07, 07:01 PM
Stewie.... Please Respond To My Pm !!!

slark01
28-06-07, 07:34 PM
Tomcat....Stewie maybe at work, he works nights!!

Rossi_C
28-06-07, 10:21 PM
Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!!

Ride / Drive safe guys!!

Cheers

Ross

Bluepete
29-06-07, 01:35 PM
I'm first! me me me! Miss, I've got one!
The lads re-mount after tea and Quiffs enormous cake
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/conker51/Bike%20cam/AE07Rivvytakeoffpoint.jpg

Then they ride off into the hills!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/conker51/Bike%20cam/th_LeavingRivvy.jpg (http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/conker51/Bike%20cam/?action=view&current=LeavingRivvy.flv)

:D :D :D
Hope you all have a great weekend, not jealous, honest :(

Filipe M.
30-06-07, 10:32 AM
Damn that Viffer sounds good! :shock:

Luckypants
01-07-07, 02:18 PM
Damn that Viffer sounds good! :shock:Was that really my bike? It's still got the hair dryer pipes on! Ho! Ho! Ho!, just wait!8)

Luckypants
02-07-07, 10:58 AM
On listening again, I think that is actually the SV in front me (Silver curvey - sorry forgot your name :oops: ) as it's can had a lovely deep melodious sound.

Luckypants
02-07-07, 10:59 AM
and finally, I would like to thank Tim for leading us on a great route up from Rivvy to the camp site. Really enjoyed that run.

Baph
02-07-07, 11:02 AM
and finally, I would like to thank Tim for leading us on a great route up from Rivvy to the camp site. Really enjoyed that run.
Here here!! I enjoyed it so much that I took Plowsie back to the M6 that way (although not being local, we detoured a little).

plowsie
02-07-07, 11:24 AM
Here here!! I enjoyed it so much that I took Plowsie back to the M6 that way (although not being local, we detoured a little).
Yes nice one Tim :thumbsup: we got bit wet on the way back down the hill but wernt bothered still a good ride.

Quiff Wichard
02-07-07, 12:10 PM
thirded- or fourthed-
it was a great run tim..

i think that was Rossis nice sounding can

I have videos of the run up- but cant get them to load with this camera problem-

bother none - I will sort it out

Quiff Wichard
02-07-07, 12:11 PM
pete - IT WASNT AN ENORMOUS CAKE

IT WAS AN ENORMOUS DOUGHNUT :eek:

Filipe M.
02-07-07, 12:49 PM
On listening again, I think that is actually the SV in front me (Silver curvey - sorry forgot your name :oops: ) as it's can had a lovely deep melodious sound.

Corrected! I thought that was your bike as it was the last out of the picture. Anyhoo, what can is that then? It really sounds lovely! :cool: