08-06-07, 04:07 PM
Not many signatures so I assume it has not been posted here before:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/londonbuslanes/

seedy100
08-06-07, 09:52 PM
Signed

the_runt69
09-06-07, 08:33 PM
Signed, about time they let us use the bus lanes in London.

Fizzy Fish
10-06-07, 08:24 PM
you could try a 'Freedom of Information' request to get hold of the info relating to the decision about m/cs being able to use bus lanes - TfL have to comply or justify why they aren't releasing it. Should help to put pressure on

PS. i can't cos it's more than my job's worth!!

Ceri JC
11-06-07, 09:18 AM
We (indirectly) paid for this report. It's only right we should be able to read it. IE there's no legitimate reason, such as a matter of national security, that should prevent us from reading it.

Didn't they try to argue the findings were "inconclusive" and that they were still undecided on whether or not we should be allowed to use them? I'd be interested to see some of the arguments against, because as it stands, I honestly can't think of one good reason why bikes shouldn't be allowed to use them all (throughout the whole country).

phil24_7
11-06-07, 07:13 PM
I'm lucky. As of the first of next month Plymouth is going to be trialing this scheme so we can use bus lanes for at least 6 months..... Woo hoo! :-)

Spiderman
11-06-07, 07:26 PM
I'm one of those who is using them already...and leagly too.
Most of my commute into town is on bus lanes and tbh they aint all that. Way too full of mopeds in the nice dry weather and too full of spilled deisel in the wet wintery months.

The thing that really bothers me about this tho...

Bicycles are allowed to use them. They go a damn sight slower than any motorbike ive ever met so they hold up the buses as its virtualy impossible to overtake them as the lane to the right is full of stationary traffic.

So what the hell is inconclusive about their study i wonder?

2 wheelers that are slow and ridden by peeps with no protectives gear, usualy wearing some kind of music player in both ears too ARE allowed.

2 wheelers that will stay ahead of any bus, riden by peeps who have passed a test to be on the roads, wearing lots of protective gear and paying attention (for the most part) to the road AINT allowed.

go figure.

Westsussexbiker
11-06-07, 08:23 PM
Petition signed. Even though I don't ride into London every day now, still a great idea.

Ed
11-06-07, 09:37 PM
I can think of only 1 bus lane in Shrewsbury - from the train station up Castle Street (which, surprise surprise, runs next to the castle - and a mighty fine castle it is, too) into the town centre. And at the moment there are roadworks so it's suspended:cool: