PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Ely know how to use a spanner?

New Leaf
23-06-07, 07:06 PM
Hello Friendly Neighbours, :) :)

I am planning to take my wheels off to polish and paint them, but i'm a little worried that i won't be able to get them back on again properly. It all looks quite simple in my Haynes mannual, but its listed as a '3 spanner task' ie for experienced diyers only. :shaking: :shaking:

So if i bugger it up and can't get them on properly would anybody be willing to come and help me out? I'd offer unlimited tea and biscuits whilst we're doing the job, and all you can eat from the first greasey spoon we pass on the ride afterwards. :albino:

Any takers?:cool:

2mths
23-06-07, 07:58 PM
Putting of wheels into bike?

You won't have any problem. But if you do then yes I'll back you up so long as you have sugar to put in the tea.

EDIT ADDED:

My mate (who you met on the Coast and Roast) wanted a hand getting his wheels out to take for new rubber. He's not done much with spanners on bikes. I helped him take them out, after that though he felt happy to put them back in by himself. Brave I thought given how we'd balanced the bike...
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z144/2mths/Kwak/IMG_2184_paint.jpg

So I'm sure you'll be fine.

hovis
23-06-07, 08:01 PM
wheels are easy............ im surprised its a 3 spanner job, although its i bit fiddley on your own, you need sombody just to hold the whell in place while you line everything up

hth

New Leaf
23-06-07, 08:10 PM
thanks 2 mths - hopefully i'll be okay on my own, but its reassuring to know u'll help me out of i get stuck.

Hovis - what are u doing here - ely is along way from wales?!:)

rictus01
23-06-07, 11:33 PM
Putting of wheels into bike?

You won't have any problem. But if you do then yes I'll back you up so long as you have sugar to put in the tea.

EDIT ADDED:

My mate (who you met on the Coast and Roast) wanted a hand getting his wheels out to take for new rubber. He's not done much with spanners on bikes. I helped him take them out, after that though he felt happy to put them back in by himself. Brave I thought given how we'd balanced the bike...
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z144/2mths/Kwak/IMG_2184_paint.jpg

So I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't see many Kwak ZR7's around.

hovis
24-06-07, 02:53 PM
thanks 2 mths - hopefully i'll be okay on my own, but its reassuring to know u'll help me out of i get stuck.

Hovis - what are u doing here - ely is along way from wales?!:)

i thought you meant ely in cardiff...........bra:clown:

wheelnut
24-06-07, 03:44 PM
Thats a scary looking paddock stand