PDA

View Full Version : Annual Row-out

Grinch
26-06-07, 12:42 PM
Its this how its to become looking at the weather just lately?

Baph
26-06-07, 12:46 PM
Its this how its to become looking at the weather just lately?
Yea, you have to row lots what with all the blue skies & peacfully flat lakes.

Sorry, not helping am I? :smt046

Ping
27-06-07, 01:47 PM
So, I've been staring at the Metcheck site a lot lately, right...

El Nino or La Nina? Many of us have heard of El Nino, the warm vast area of water in the Pacific Ocean, however his little sister, La Nina could well make an appearance this year.

At present, the eastern sea surface temperatures of the Pacific remain below average, but this is decreasing and there is evidence that the "nearly" La Nina conditions could decline further in the next month or so.

However, development of true El Nino conditions look unlikely and the highest confidence is that very weak La Nina conditions will prevail for the rest of this year.

This one feature, has more effects on the UK weather than many give credit for, in fact, the lack of Summer weather is already being attributed to this sea temperature anomaly. Also, some forecasters are already signalling an interesting Winter ahead if the conditions continue.

Latest model indications show that high pressure is incredibly reluctant to build across Western Europe, however many longer range forecasts still point towards an improvement in July and August.

... did anyone else see "The Day After Tomorrow"...? :smt119
:smt022I don't wanna DIIIIIIIIIE!!!....

:lol:

Spiderman
27-06-07, 07:59 PM
i'm thinking i might give the camping gear a miss.... and bring Scuba gear instead!
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=LA2%208AZ&day=3

:(
Been looking forward to this since last years AR too.

Skip
28-06-07, 09:02 AM
This is promising - Heavy rain from 6am Saturday until 11pm Sunday - thanks! :(

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Blue Flame
28-06-07, 09:10 AM
Aye but only a 40% chance of that according to that link so the cup is more than half full. Thinkin positive. :)