PDA

View Full Version : A word from your sponsor...

CoolGirl
26-06-07, 06:46 PM
Really sorry I won't be there, but will be with you all in spirit (double vodka).

A serious word though.

I reckon I must know about 75% of the people going. I've probably met about 50% of you and consider 25% of you to be friends. 10% of you have made your own groove in my sofa. Hell, I even like some of you.

So - and this should go without saying - I want you all counted safely back in again.

It is not a race. It is not about being the fastest or being at the front. It is not about showing the newbies what a 'great' rider you are. It is not about letting the locals know that you are claiming their roads.

It's about what this forum stands for - community spirit, responsible riding, sharing your knowledge and learning from others. And above all, enjoying the weekend.

Listen to the briefing, follow any instructions given, don't $hit up the newbies, know your limits, and remember that a lot of people have put a lot of effort in to make this event happen and run smoothly. No bitching - if you think you can organise 60-odd bikes better, save your breath and volunteer to run it next year.

I sincerely hope that this time next week this section will be full of tales of how damned a good time you all had, and not news of any bumps. scrapes or inconsiderate moves on the road.

Ride safe.

stewie
26-06-07, 06:53 PM
Sorry you cant be there Debs, Ar 08 eh ? :)

Baph
26-06-07, 06:57 PM
It is not about letting the locals know that you are claiming their roads.

But we're allowed to let the locals know we're coming on their roads with volume of exhaust gases, right? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, good comments, and it's a shame you won't be there, I still owe you a drink. :oops:

rigor
26-06-07, 07:24 PM
Good post Debs. Hope everyone has a good rideout, and takes lots of pics, and comes back with lots of good stories.

Grinch
26-06-07, 10:07 PM
Might have to dig my ART can out.

Jester666
26-06-07, 10:09 PM
Thanks Mum!! ;)

Excellent post! :smt023

ArtyLady
26-06-07, 10:20 PM
Seconded CG, Im not going either :( but hope everyone has a fantastic and safe time :cool:

Luckypants
26-06-07, 10:23 PM
If you are sponsoring CG, does this mean the first round is on you? Very sporting of you I must say! :smt023

Tomcat
27-06-07, 06:16 AM
agreed with cg. sorry cant make it, but have ball and :safe:

Look forward to many pics, and tales of drunkeness etc.

slark01
27-06-07, 06:34 AM
Thank you Coolgirl!!
I too hope we all have a good safe weekend.
As for the people who cannot make it to the AE07....Have a good weekend doing whatever it is your doing.

SoulKiss
27-06-07, 06:38 AM
Thanks Debs.

Will try and do as you say :)

Bear
27-06-07, 08:37 PM
Love you Debs!

Quiff Wichard
27-06-07, 10:20 PM
cheers Debs
dam I must say I have fond memories of your pert posterior riding high on the pillion of Fizzwheels Gixxer last year..

and the dig in the ribs my pillion ( Mrs Q ) gave me when she saw me "peeking".

please be advised- my peeks stopped when the pillion was Northwind on fizz's bike .(no offence Andy - u just dont do it for me ) ..