PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk area rideouts

rs_tubby
27-06-07, 08:33 PM
Anyone want to have a ride out that lives around the suffolk area or anywhere close to this, i feel so lonely riding on my own.

BigBaddad
28-06-07, 06:41 AM
I'm over in King's Lynn, not too far. Perhaps we could meet up at Thetford or Bury St Ed's.

Skip
02-07-07, 03:16 PM
If you want to organise something early for a Sunday morning then I would be up for meeting you half way...

2mths
02-07-07, 04:45 PM
Half way to where Skip?

I absolutely no where near but if we can go thirds or something then I'm up for it some time :-)

Skip
02-07-07, 05:18 PM
Half way to where Skip?

I absolutely no where near but if we can go thirds or something then I'm up for it some time :-)
I was thinking half way to Ipswich - but then again I havent been on a decent ride out Cambs way yet - so perhaps somewhere there? Its about 3rds isnt it?

simple simon
02-07-07, 07:04 PM
I'd be more than happy to meet you in Bury St Eds/Thetford et al if Bogbaddad and you are meeting up.
I work Saturdays but most Sundays are free.

Si

2mths
02-07-07, 08:21 PM
Some calculating to do. I think there's a website that does things like work mid points out. Will have a google see what I can find and work out.

Knowing exactly (ish) where people (rs tub, skip, simple simon) are based might be useful.

Skip
03-07-07, 07:59 AM
Some calculating to do. I think there's a website that does things like work mid points out. Will have a google see what I can find and work out.

Knowing exactly (ish) where people (rs tub, skip, simple simon) are based might be useful.
Well if you find something I am based in Wymondham, Norfolk :)

BigBaddad
03-07-07, 08:07 AM
Just set a time date and place and see who turns up.

Or if you like I could sort something out in August...say starting and ending in Thetford.

K
03-07-07, 08:13 AM
The RAC website has a route planner that allows for extra locations to be included.
OK, so the route type is restricted to 'Fastest' or 'Shortest' (with another option for avoiding Motorways and Toll-roads), but once it gives you a basic route you can amend it from there...

... or something.

Best not rely on me though as I tend to rely on Zen Navigation. ;)

2mths
03-07-07, 10:51 AM
Just set a time date and place and see who turns up.

The problem with that is if I just set somethig near me no-one else is likely to turn up. If I set something near you lot then I might not bother to turn up. Hence my desire to do things as fairly as possible. And that is why I want something to calculate a midpoint.

Still not had time to look for it yet though.

BigBaddad
03-07-07, 11:03 AM
I don't mind traveling about an hour to a rideout on my own...longer if I'm with someone else.

2mths
03-07-07, 11:20 AM
I don't mind traveling about an hour to a rideout on my own...longer if I'm with someone else.

I'd agree with that.

But for me to get to Thetford for instance Autoroute is telling me it's 87 miles and an 1:22 and that's all dual carriage way. Factor in getting home and you're now talking about nearly 200 miles and three hours. Well I'd do that every now and again or for a special occasion, but not for a casual meet.

Now I'm not so naive or selfish to think or want things to everything to be organised to suit me. I'm just trying to look at how things might get tweaked a little every now and again to make it easier for me to join in.

LouLou
03-07-07, 08:26 PM
I'd be interested after I've passed my test if you guys are prepared to be a little bit patient with me :D

2mths
03-07-07, 08:48 PM
I'm sure the local peeps would be up for that. And once you're confident to stretch your legs a little well I'm sure we'll be glad to see another SV on EAR rides (even if it is curvey and blue ;-))

simple simon
03-07-07, 08:50 PM
It's easy to sort a rideout, just post a date, email everybody who will listen tell a few mates who are not on the forum and see how it goes.
If it's just you and a mate, fine! If it's you and ten new friends, all the better.
Ward and I started this regional section of the .org by having a chat and petitioning like hell.
Ward pushed for a forum section while I trawled throught the members list and emailed everyone in the Cambridgeshire area.
We then had our first get togetther and duly disappeared.:shock:
Therefor I will never take responsibility for a meet again and will leave it in your capable hands:p .

Post a date and keep harping on about it. If the weather is good you're more than likely on a winner. See you all somewhere in Cambs soon!

Si

Skip
04-07-07, 07:39 AM
I'd be interested after I've passed my test if you guys are prepared to be a little bit patient with me :D
Where abouts in Norfolk are you LouLou?

Oh and good luck for tomorrow! :thumbsup:

simple simon
04-07-07, 08:35 AM
Yeah, good luck on the test.

Si

BigBaddad
04-07-07, 09:16 AM
Good luck with the test Lou Lou....look forward to seeing you at a rideout soon.

LouLou
05-07-07, 04:34 PM
Where abouts in Norfolk are you LouLou?

Oh and good luck for tomorrow! :thumbsup:

I live in Northwold, nearest town's Thetford.

Thanks for the good luck wishes everybody...I didn't pass this time (left my indicators on and fluffed the u-turn but other than that only 2 minors so I'm hopeful for next time!) but will be re-booking my next test asap!! :smt045

simple simon
05-07-07, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear you lucked out this time Lou Lou:smt056
The best riders pass 2nd time out anyway!

Si

LouLou
05-07-07, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hear you lucked out this time Lou Lou:smt056
The best riders pass 2nd time out anyway!

Si

Aww cheers, I just want to get on my bike...I'd love it if there was somewhere I could take it to have a go!!

BigBaddad
06-07-07, 07:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your test Lou Lou......hope you do it next time....just keep plugging away....it's so worth it.

I live in King's Lynn and Travel to Thetford to work every day (on my SV when it's not weeing it down) so I pass Northwold twice a day. I'll keep an eye out for a blue SV with it's indicators on;) .

Skip
06-07-07, 08:16 AM
Sorry to hear you didnt get it this time - I bet you will never leave the indicators on again and the cancel button will be worn away... hehe :D

Best of luck next time! :thumbup:

mattglavin
01-11-07, 08:07 PM
Google maps is good for planning routes too

thegunnerman
11-06-08, 05:22 PM
Hi all,
Just found this thread, I'm in the RAF at Honington, and travel home to gloucester on a Friday but if anyone fancies a ride out one evening during the week I'm definatley up for that. I've nothing else to do in the evening apart from sit here and read through threads on this forum. Don't mind traveling to meet.

P.S. Honington is midway between Bury St Edmunds and Thetford for those who are unaware. :smt067

Mike2165
11-06-08, 09:32 PM
Best not rely on me though as I tend to rely on Zen Navigation. ;)

...Ain't that the computer from Blakes 7 ?!